Jillian Michaels - Shed 5lbs of water weight in 7 days...the

Options

Replies

• jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I've been doing this for 4 days now and have not lost any weight. I wasn't really thinking it would "work" but I actually enjoy the taste of the mixture and I've been more regular(I can seriously tell a difference) since drinking it. I brew the dandelion root and I also brew a green tea bag and put them in my 64 oz jug. I put the cranberry and squeeze half a lemon, fill with ice/water to cool the hot tea.

My new found regularity may just be due to the fact that I'm definitely drinking a certain amount of water every day, where before I didn't really keep track(but I thought I was drinking enough). I like having a large container full of what I need to drink, and just know it has to be emptied by the end of the day. I might start switching it up even more with different types of tea.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    *scratches head* If all you're losing is water weight, what's the point? You'll just gain it right back when you start eating normally again.

Losing water weight for a certain event would just feel nice and give you an extra confidence boost (especially for a woman in a tight new dress). Give us a break! We wanna look our best on certain occasions and drinking a little tea and lemon juice is good for you anyways.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You need to have water weight to lose. I drink 100 oz/day so I don't know if this would help me. We need more people that have tried it.
  • sheffyce27
    Options
    bump
  • hollz118
    hollz118 Posts: 10
    Options
    CAN YOU USE DANDELLION LEAVES?? THATS ALL THEY HAVE AT MY HEALTH FOOD STORE..
  • MaghanHolton
    Options
    Im on day four of this and ive lost a poun da day so far
  • Batchoy
    Batchoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't kid yourselves that this will truly reduce your weight, or that there is something special or magic about it, dandelion is well know as a diuretic and your are forcing your body to expel water and potentially dehydrate itself leading to all manner of serious medical issues.

Unless you have a medial condition in which case you should e bunder medical supervision your body will correct any water retention quite naturally, thus as soon as you stop abusing it by taking a diuretic you will put the weight that is due to this forced dehydration back on.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    A friend of nine from work told me about this we're suppose to try it.......Would be cool if it worked!!!!
  • ndodge712
    ndodge712 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i tried it and I didn't lose any weight..in fact, I gained two pounds. I don't know if it takes a while for some to come off, but so far it has not worked at all.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Oh yeah....BUMP!
  • snowintx
    snowintx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy dandelion root tea bags?
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    This is very intriguing! Where do you get dandelion root tea bags, though?!?

Gosh, I would love to lose 5 lbs of water weight! But I wonder how long it would take to gain it back after you stopped the diet..

If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you, you can get it there. If not, Amazon has it. :smile:
  • dranaeli
    dranaeli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I totally agre with you Guinevere. Now I love Jillian Michaels, but this is a quick fix. It will get rid of water though, I might try it if I'm looking to lose short term weight loss.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    *scratches head* If all you're losing is water weight, what's the point? You'll just gain it right back when you start eating normally again.

Well like she said, her bf is graduating and she hasn't seen him in a while, she doesn't want to look bloated on that special day.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    CAN YOU USE DANDELLION LEAVES?? THATS ALL THEY HAVE AT MY HEALTH FOOD STORE..

You can brew the leaves and get tea! I do it all the time with mint I grown in my garden (after I have dried them).
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    BUMP