Respect for MFP girls who know what it is to give it all you

Options

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Six months ago I did not exercise. Now I can't imagine my life without it. It makes me feel great. It gives me confidence. Making time is not always easy, but worth it. Thanks again.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I peeked at your profile and you're 36. It's been almost 20 years. I didn't work out in high school either, there's no telling what she does now.

I talked to her for 10 minutes. She told me she still hates to workout, and doesn't. :)

then she's lucky that she's in her 30s and doesnt need to work out!!!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I hate to exercise, but I do it because I know I have to! :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    NOTHING better than being completely covered in sweat just dripping, all hot and flushed and can barely speak. Best feeling in the world!

See I am addicted to women with this attitude. You are my kryptonite.

We are sympatico.

I applaud those that do it because they have to but have never developed the desire, that takes... I don't know what that takes. I can't imagine committing so long to something and never growing to love it.

But I can't feel "normal" without regular strenuous exercise. I get depressed. Not good.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    NOTHING better than being completely covered in sweat just dripping, all hot and flushed and can barely speak. Best feeling in the world!

And by the way, exercise is OK too!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I apologize danny for all the women putting your compliment down.

Working out to be healthy (skinny has nothing to do with it) IS hard work and it is nice to see someone recognize it and take the time out of his day to post about it... that is sweet.... And appreciated by all of us that understood what you were saying.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I totally agree! I don't feel like I'm working out unless I'm drenched when I'm done.

edit to thank OP for the compliment. THANKS :happy:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    YES. it sounds horrible but i find unfit bodies unattractive now.. no matter how skinny a girl is, if she doesnt work out.. its all flabby and yuck. same with guys too.

working out is the sexiest thing in the world (L)\
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Ran into my ex-girlfriend from high school today. She looked really good. I complemented her, we spoke for about 10 minutes, and that was that. For some reason, afterward, I was thinking, "Man she looks good." But then i thought, "Yeah but, she don't even WORKOUT?, what good is that?" I remember long ago I tried taking her jogging with me a few times but she would have none of it. She's not a lazy person but she doesn't know what it is to try hard and struggle to get through a workout. I don't like that about her. Props to all you MFP girls who know what it is to fight, to be down in the trenches and give it all you have. Much respect.

Awesomest post EVAH! I will remember this when I don't think I can keep my legs moving on the elliptical one stride longer. I loathe, loathe exercise. My favourite hobbies are sedentary and I am not athletic at all and never was. But I know I need to do it. Now...can you tell your friends and they can tell their friends, and maybe more guys would look at us a little differently.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Why can't i find a woman like you...:drinker:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm going to just accept your compliment.... THANK.YOU! :smile:
  • dannylives
    Options
    You're welcome. :)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Thanks...soooo love my workouts!!! :wink:
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    when someone starts off by saying "no offense" that means your about to say something craaaaaazy offensive.

hahaha! I generally totally agree with this! I tell my husband that all the time! "If you think you have to start something by saying no offense or you're probably not gonna like this, THEN DON'T TELL ME AT ALL!!!" LOL but really I think it was a sweet compliment, he might could have said it a littler better, but still nice. I get what he is saying.
  • dannylives
    Options
    :)
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you...this post made me smile after just reading an e-mail from a ex-friend now :ohwell:
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well thank you, sir!! :flowerforyou: And I think I speak for a lot of us ladies here, when I say, we appreciate the same about guys. :smile:
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I worked out in highschool and I work out now and those are the nicest words I've ever heard. Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thanks for recognizing us badass ladies!! I will remember that in the morning on my 40 mile bike ride!!
  • dannylives
    Options
    Thanks for recognizing us badass ladies!! I will remember that in the morning on my 40 mile bike ride!!

40 miles, holy crap!