How long did it take you...?

Options
Shanz78
Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
how long did it take you to reach your goal weight? and how much did you lose?

Replies

• AdamWeiss
    AdamWeiss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but I've lost 10lbs in a month.
    15 more pounds to go!
    I've found that if you truly follow the calorie guidelines, you lose the amount they say.
    For example, if I stick to my calorie target, I should lose 2 lbs per week, and that's what I've done, more or less.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in about 10 1/2 months.

More important than the weight, however, is the fact that I changed my lifestyle so that I could be proud of the steps I was making to improve my health even when I was still a long way from my goal.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am .9 away from goal. It took me 6 months. I lost 72 lbs. I think I am going to lose another 5 lbs though. In that time I never had a gain and only one week did I lose less than 1 lb.
  • Lesley63x
    Lesley63x Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 4 months to lose 28lb, i have about 10lb left to lose :smile:
  • Lesley63x
    Lesley63x Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 4 months to lose 28lb, i have about 10lb left to lose :smile:
  • NewJay12
    NewJay12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    9 months - I'm about 1 pound away. I've lost 58 pounds since I started right after Christmas 2010. Reduced my calories and exercised. Didn't really stop eating anything I ate before - just moderated the amount. Exercise - even short walks really made the difference. I feel and look much better.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Took me 6 months and 90 pounds. (my goal chanaged a few times during the 6 months.)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    30 lbs, 6 months. Maintaining for over 7 months. No exercise. Start 1200 cal. now 1410 or more depending on the day and Not gaining. Still log on everyday to make sure I'm not going over. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am not at my goal weight yet, but it took me seven months to lose almost 50 pounds. :smile:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Lol, im not there yet! ive got another like 54lbs to loose before i reach my goal weight of 10stone! (140lbs).. I will get there hahaa! Seems like ages away yet! :yawn:

I started my weight loss journey in January 2011, as i was super overweight (16stone 6, 230lbs) I was bursting out of a size UK 18 in trousers/jeans and tops. So i knew i HAD to do something before i became mega obese and im only young aswell (19). And i lost alot of confidence couple years ago due to rough relationships, bullying all through high school etc etc - so the weight piled on! In a period of 9 months (since i started dieting) i have lost 36lbs!:smile: Its not an incredible amount, ive seen people on here who have lost way more than me in 9 months! But i was on a plateau for 3 months, and i still have my 'treat' days, soo that doesnt really help either! But im slowly getting back on track now, and hopeing to say a fat goodbye to this 54lbs that ive got to loose before i reach my goal weight :bigsmile:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have given myself a year to lose 70 lbs.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway to my goal and I'm 8 months in. I've lost 64 so far
  • AmyT78
    Options
    It took me about 8months to lose 80lbs, that was about 6yrs ago. Then slowly every year I would lose more weight. ( discovered MFP a few years ago and lost 20lbs here) So far I've lost 112lbs total.

im 20lbs away from my goal weight and its the hardest 20lbs ive ever had to lose. :sick:

Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So far it has taken me 7 months to lose 52 pounds. I believe I could/should have lost more at this point but I slipped a few times. Hopefully losing slow and steady will help me keep it off though.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    since january 2011 I've lost 68 lbs, am 0.8 from my goal weight
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    About 6 months and I lost 40 lbs.
  • icanmakepeople
    icanmakepeople Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Almost 40 pounds in 5 months. I still have another 20 to lose and have given myself until December to lose it (which would make it 8 months total). I walk and run 3 days a week and I cheat on the weekends...like REALLY cheat. I'm sure I could have lost the weight faster, but I feel like, if I'm going to keep this up for the rest of my life, I might as well be realistic...and I'm happy with my progress.

can't wait to be 135 pounds!
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I took the slow and steady route - Reached goal weight today! Started at 198 in Feb of '09.
  • Strawberry_Kitten
    Options
    Started at 299lb. I've lost 161lb in total (41 on mfp)
    took me about 2 and a half years and i still have another 30 lb to go to reach my 108lb goal. I expect to be done by summer 2012.

Remember, you didnt gain it all over night so its not going to come off over night eaither.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you sometime next year, or maybe the year after!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!