How long did it take you...?

Options

Replies

• gunnroadapartments
    Options
    bump

you guys are amazing! im getting started on my journey and LOVE reading how you met your goals and how long it took!

keep up the good work yall
  • techymum
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds in just under 4 months. Slow and steady for me!

With a total of 51 to lose, I am expecting it to take me approximately one year. But if I'm still exercising and eating well, and it takes longer, that's ok with me too.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    WOW. What an incredible accomplishment!

Jean
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months in with 51 lbs lost. Have been taking the tortoise path and not following the hare. I'll get to my goal eventually. I've always been heavy, so I think slowly is good for my psyche.
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started nearly 17 months ago and have lost 109.6 pounds. I have 22.6 pounds to reach my goal weight. I hope to get there by my birthday in February.
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    Lost 65 lbs in 6 1/2 months 20 lbs from my goal weight!!!!!!!!!
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have started running on my lunch breaks at work to help get the process back on...I've been cheating on weekends too...maybe too much...lol
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm not at my goal, but I've lost 65lbs in one year and 9 months. I want to say I lost the first 50lbs in the first year. 15lbs to go! Slow and stead is the way to go!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to take 18 months to get to my first goal, in my ticker ;) it's taken me 7 months to get where i am today
  • Keithly
    Options
    I went from 315-320lbs to 181lbs in about 1 year. Very, Very strict year, but it was worth it! I've been maintaining around 195lbs for 5 or 6 years now. My new goal is 165lbs by the end of the year.
  • TraceyDonna
    Options
    Reading some of these is kind of heartbreaking for me.

I guess I'm just slow.

8 lbs in almost four months, burning an average of 5000 calories a week. 102 lbs to go.

*sigh*

My body hates me. My doctor says I'm just unlucky. At this rate, I'll be at my goal in 17 years.

Wow. Wait. why am I doing this again? :frown:

Hey, please dont get downhearted. You've done so well up to now. You COULD be sat there saying you put on 8lbs in those four months!!!! Keep up the good work and remember slow, steady weight loss is the absolute best way to keep it OFF!!! Nobody wants it to come off in one big old rush, only to find it sweeps straight back on again.

Chin up, you're doing just great x
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for 3 months and have lost 21 lbs...25 to go.. my goal is to be at goal March 27.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I went from 315-320lbs to 181lbs in about 1 year. Very, Very strict year, but it was worth it! I've been maintaining around 195lbs for 5 or 6 years now. My new goal is 165lbs by the end of the year.

Great job
  • sheller82
    Options
    81lbs in 8 1/2 months, still have 19 more to go!!!!
  • awilson2010
    Options
    Reading some of these is kind of heartbreaking for me.

I guess I'm just slow.

8 lbs in almost four months, burning an average of 5000 calories a week. 102 lbs to go.

*sigh*

My body hates me. My doctor says I'm just unlucky. At this rate, I'll be at my goal in 17 years.

Wow. Wait. why am I doing this again? :frown:

I've been quite unlucky as well. I've lost 60lbs in the past 20 months.. so almost 2 years... I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, I have completely changed my lifestyle and feel like I'm doing everything right.. /sigh only 120lbs to goal. ugh.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm not at goal yet (not even close - if I'd lost this much from my pre-pregnancy weight, I'd be golden, but I went and threw all caution to the wind while pregnant). However, since starting on 3/31/11, I've lost 48+ pounds (so in a little less than 6 months). I started exercising 6 days/week about a month ago.

ETA that I "threw all caution to the wind while pregnant" with regard to what I ate - meaning I ate whatever I wanted. I didn't do anything dangerous, I promise!
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started 8 weeks ago yesterday at 298. As of this morning, I was at 267.2, so just over 30 pounds in 8 weeks. I still have 110 pounds to go, and I've given myself until next Thanksgiving to meet my goal.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    6 months and between 22lbs and 2 stone. Not 100% sure as I don't own scales.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It took me two years to lose 20 pounds, and I have 20 more to go.

I made more of a life style change.

Very pleased with my progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!