Sugar-free instant pudding+almond milk

Options

Replies

• lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i will have to try this as i have little ones drinking all the milk around here and i try to save it for them, i will buy my own carton of almond milk and try this! I love my SF/FF pudding also!
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We use skim milk and it works just fine.
  • thegymbumx
    Options
    Interesting.... I was feeling pessimistic about trying it with almond milk, given most of the reviews I had seen, but had a huge stock of Sugar Free Jello Instant Pudding mixes from when I uses to go through a box or 2 a week, but have since stopped drinking dairy milk. So I figured it wouldn't hurt. I thought maybe I'd proceed with caution and start out using like 2/3 a cup of almond mix with a full box, and it set up great, way thicker than I'd have preferred. So I added a third of a cup more milk, a little closer to ideal, then a quarter cup, and it was perfect! I don't know if I got different results because of my particular brand or just because I toyed around until I found an amount that worked... but it worked!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Interesting.... I was feeling pessimistic about trying it with almond milk, given most of the reviews I had seen, but had a huge stock of Sugar Free Jello Instant Pudding mixes from when I uses to go through a box or 2 a week, but have since stopped drinking dairy milk. So I figured it wouldn't hurt. I thought maybe I'd proceed with caution and start out using like 2/3 a cup of almond mix with a full box, and it set up great, way thicker than I'd have preferred. So I added a third of a cup more milk, a little closer to ideal, then a quarter cup, and it was perfect! I don't know if I got different results because of my particular brand or just because I toyed around until I found an amount that worked... but it worked!

So what the the total amount of almond milk actually used?? 1-1/4?? Also what brand do you use??
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried it with Coconut milk??
  • FitnessBattlePlanner
    FitnessBattlePlanner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just used coconut milk tonight. I used 1.5 cups coconut milk and added 2 tsp cornstarch to the pudding mix before adding the liquid. It turned out great.
  • alexishamlin
    Options
    I used 1 cup chocolate almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1 large box sugar/fat free chocolate pudding, and it came out awesome! It was a little thick, so i added a little more choc. almond milk but i didnt measure it. Hope this helps!! :)
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    try chia or flax, preferably ground up. then let it sit for a little bit
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I assume subtracting 1 cup of liquid changes the portion size, or maybe I should say the amount of servings, correct?? I will have to try this!

Maybe enter it into the recipe builder to find out the calories per new serving size?
  • Jlwiens23
    Jlwiens23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I wish I would have read this thread before making my chocolate fudge jello ff/sf with 2 cups of almond milk and being so disappointed when it didn't set.... :(
  • STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In order for instant pudding to set, it needs to bind with the casein protein in milk (which is why almond milk and soy milky do not work). It does also bond with whey to a degree, so if you use whey isolate and water, it may work. However, if you have casein isolate, it will work perfectly with water or soy or whatever.
  • lauraw136
    Options
    My favorite recipe is 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (plain or flavored), 1 TB of sugar free pudding (I found cheesecake to be the best so far), 1/4 cup of almond milk. Mix it all together and add in any other mix ins. I love a dew chocolate chips in mine.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have read this thread before making my chocolate fudge jello ff/sf with 2 cups of almond milk and being so disappointed when it didn't set.... :(

Me too... sigh. /lactose intolerant
  • Kryptonite1965
    Kryptonite1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great stuff I'll try it!
  • loliver191
    loliver191 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used about 1/4 container of the tofu and half if a bans with 1 cup almond milk. This was so good and will definitely make again! I added a little more almond milk to get the right consistency.
  • DawnScavo
    Options
    Instant vanilla pudding with a cup and a half of almond milk and a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder mixed well with hand blender then poured into two cups made a satisfying treat without the dairy; delightful. Thanks for the suggestion of adding the protein powder it thickened right up.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Bumping this cause I luv pudding!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are all craving pudding! I made this earlier today with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Using half the amount worked perfect, I whipped it for about 5 minutes and I added a teaspoon of cinnamon so it tasted like Mexican hot chocolate, delish!

Thank for sharing! Slainte :drinker:
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump