being single stinks

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard for everybody to date. Sometimes being in a relationship stinks.

Skinny/slutty?

now that's not very nice.

THIS. Especially the relationship comment. So true.

Guys only aim for slutty so we can get some. DUH!

I beg to differ. . It depends on where you meet a guy at. .. If you go to a bar looking to meet someone or to some singles site. . you are going to find a much different crowd than if for instance you meet a guy in a church social group.. . .

People who attend church aren't better. We're all just people.

Lots of people attend church so that they can feel better about their slutty ways.

I am not a newlywed and I can't tell you that it's better than being single.

The grass is always greener.

Well we won't get into a religious discussion as it is against MFP rules and regulations not to discuss that here. . We will just say you will find good and bad everywhere you go. . . my only advice to the OP is Be selective and know that there is some out there for you that is going to be a great fit and you will find them.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Give it time, I'm sure you'll find someone who is looking for more than a good time with a random stranger :P

I keep telling myself that, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm with ya, OP. I'm with ya.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    And to the OP...
    A suggestion(and I don't want to sound rude) but do you seem unconfident? A lot of people find confidence and a winning smile VERY attractive despite the weight.

can I rock the confident side and dress like I am confident about myself? yes, but am I that way deep down? no...being dumped because I wasnt pretty anymore kinda made me lose my self-confindence deep inside me that Im slowly gaining back
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    can I rock the confident side and dress like I am confident about myself? yes, but am I that way deep down? no...being dumped because I wasnt pretty anymore kinda made me lose my self-confindence deep inside me that Im slowly gaining back

Fake it until you make it!

:heart:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    so riddle me this...
    i have the body, i am willing to dress slutty and i'm in a relationship.
    why the hell am i still not getting any?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    And to the OP...
    A suggestion(and I don't want to sound rude) but do you seem unconfident? A lot of people find confidence and a winning smile VERY attractive despite the weight.

Hon. . don't buy into that though just because someone said such a thing. . you ARE beautiful. . . Sounds like the issue was your boyfriend. . . not you. . .

Take it from someone that went through a marriage with mental abuse. . someone that told me that I couldn't get anyone better than him. . and I left and you know what. . . . the things he said were crap. . .People in this world can be cruel sometimes. . whether its men or women. . it is what we choose to take from it and how we choose to deal with it that matter. . .
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    And to the OP...

Keep feeling that confidence you are gaining back. I feel for you because I know that it is tough, especially when you are not comfortable with the way you look.
    Get busy working on you, get busy working on getting that confidence. Get yo' swagger on. And you know what. You won't be looking.. but that confidence is going to give you a glow. Men cannot resist that glow.

(atleast I don't think they can, lol)
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    so riddle me this...

wtf
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    so riddle me this...

wtf

Sounds like something that needs to be discussed with her better half. .
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    so riddle me this...

'Cause we're not hanging out :wink:
  • yummy♥
    Options
    so riddle me this...

wtf

Sounds like something that needs to be discussed with her better half. .

so you'd be willing to talk to him? THANK YOU!
    because obviously, i already have.

• Iamfit4life
    Options
    And to the OP...

Hon. . don't buy into that though just because someone said such a thing. . you ARE beautiful. . . Sounds like the issue was your boyfriend. . . not you. . .

Take it from someone that went through a marriage with mental abuse. . someone that told me that I couldn't get anyone better than him. . and I left and you know what. . . . the things he said were crap. . .People in this world can be cruel sometimes. . whether its men or women. . it is what we choose to take from it and how we choose to deal with it that matter. . .
    I agree it's hard to get over that kind of treatment( I was in the exact situation as you)... but you just to. She'll get there. It sounds like he was a real jerk.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Being single sucks for us guys too.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    so riddle me this...

HELL YA!!

:laugh:
  • yummy♥
    Options
    so riddle me this...

on my way, lover ;)
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    By the way, do you REALLY want to be with someone that just likes you for your looks???? Just sayin... Your ex probably did you a favor. He would have bailed on you for one reason or another sooner or later. If you can't develop a deep connection, you are on the losing end when the looks go... and eventually they do.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

and FOR THE RECORD. . . I have had just as much male attn since I gained weight as when I was 137lbs. . .So I know for a fact it is not about your size, but who you are. . .

There are always going to be those that look at people from a superficial standpoint, but that is just not the whole package.

It must simply be your radiant smile and encouraging personality!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

I beg to differ. . It depends on where you meet a guy at. .. If you go to a bar looking to meet someone or to some singles site. . you are going to find a much different crowd than if for instance you meet a guy in a church social group.. . .

However, meeting a guy in church doesn't automatically mean that he's going to be Mr. Perfect, nor does meeting a guy in a club necessarily mean that he's going after just one thing. I've known plenty of abusive a-holes that go to church every Sunday. My son's father and I met out dancing...now, we're not together any longer (together for 8 years, married for 4) but that's due to issues brought on his work as a law enforcement officer, not the fact that we met in a club.

With regards to your generalization about dating sites...same thing...I have several friends that have been in long-term relationships, many that have gone on to marry men that they've met from Match.com, eharmony, etc.

To the OP: There are good guys and douchecanoes everywhere. Learn to spot which is which, put on a bright smile for the ones that are the ones worth smiling for, and got for it!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Generally, guys with their shirts off in profile pics are the ones you wanna stay away from.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Generally, guys with their shirts off in profile pics are the ones you wanna stay away from.

You might want to throw a shirt on, toots.