*Black Girls Do Workout.../Destined to Be a Diva...**

Options
Hello all my lovely MFP Divas, fall is upon us and with just a few months until the holiday season, I'm in full weight loss mode but I need some support. I wanted to start a weight loss challenge called Destined to Be A Diva,starting on 9/26. If you're interested in joining in just post below, leaving your name, starting weight, and goal for the end of the challenge and what your plan is to get there. There's another challenge group here called Shades of Brown that I will be borrowing some ideas from once/if I get the creators permission.

Me:
Cyone
I'm 26 and 339.6 lbs (down from 354, so I'm moving in the right direction :)
My goal is to hit 299lbs or less by the end of the challenge.
I'm on the 17 day diet and loving my progress on it so far.

*Permission Granted*

Sisters gotta stick together :)

Ok divas here we go!

On 10/2 we will start our tag a long challenge with Shades of Brown, a 10 week challenge.Not sure how many people we will have yet so I don't know how many teams there will be, hopefully that will be up by tomorrow.

During the next 10 weeks you will be asked to challenge your self and to push a little harder each workout. Below are the guidelines I borrowed from Shades of Brown.

Teams so far and I will need team captains so message me if you're interested in being one, I think I'll need about 5.

Team D.I.V.A. is my team, each captain can come up with their own name, but should keep it tied to empowering sisters and weight loss.

Weigh-in (required): will be on Saturdays. Every member needs to weigh-in. You should do this by sending me a message on MFP or your team captain.

Water (optional): It is important to drink water when trying to lose weight so for this challenge we are aiming for 64oz a day, that’s 448oz a week. Please list the ounces you drank with your weekly weigh-in as demonstrated below. If you reach this number you will be awarded (5 points)

Workout Minutes (optional): It’s suggested that a person needs at least 30 minutes of exercise a day to stay fit, well were going to push our selves. For this challenge we will be doing 420 minutes a week. That’s an average of 60 minutes a day. You will check in each week with your logged minutes. If you reach your goal you will be awarded (5 points)

Weekly challenge (optional): Each week you will be challenged to push yourself in your workout. Completing this challenge will award you (5 points)

Personal challenge (optional): You will also be asked to set one personal goal each week. By completing this challenge you will be awarded (5 points)

Weigh-in example:

Weight: 230
Water: 448, +5 (if it’s less then 448 then, 1=100oz, 2=200oz, 3=300oz, 4=400oz)
Workout min: 420, +5 (if it’s less then 420, 1=100m, 2=200m, 3=300m, 4=400m)
Weekly challenge: +5
Personal challenge: +5

Side Note: Please try and remember to be prompt with your weekly check-in’s . Because we are in groups please remember that your team mates depend on you each week, so if you miss more then one weigh-in you will be taken off of your team. This assures their chances at a fair game.

Look for the thread Destined To Be a Diva to chat with each other through out the challenge. If possible I will also try to get a PalTalk chat set up as well where we can meet weekly to keep in touch and get suppot. Keep in mind that the threads only allow 20 pages of responses, so if we reach that number a new thread will be posted. It will have the same name just with a number after it starting with 2.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE
Week one : Choose one different exercise from each workout tab 4 days this week. Plus write a note in the thread about one example when you overcame a hurdle while working out.

Week two: Choose Two different exercises from each workout tab 4 days this week. Please share one low fat/no sugar/low carb recipe on the thread.

Week three: Choose three different exercises from each workout tab 4 days this week. Post One picture of your self when you are happy or something or someone who makes you happy.

Week four: Choose three different exercises from each tab 4 days . Post Please post a NSV, none scale victory on the thread.

Week five: Choose three different exercises from each tab 4 days, complete 6 miles of cardio through out the week. Post about what motivates you while your working out.

Week six: Choose three different exercises from each tab 4 days, Complete 8 miles of cardio through out the week. Post a positive mantra to say when your in need of encouragement. Example: I am beautiful, I am strong, no one can give me selfconfidence but me, this is why i will achieve my goals.

Week seven: Choose four different exercises from each tab 4 days, complete 8 miles of cardio through out the week. Post which workout dvd or program works the best for you.

Week eight: Choose four different exercises from each tab 5 days, complete 10 miles of cardio through out the week. Post a low cal alcoholic/ or nonalcoholic drink.

Week nine: Choose 5 different exercises from each tab 5 days, Complete 10 miles of cardio through out the week. Post a story about how your weight loss has changed you.

Week ten: Choose your own goal this week to push yourself. Post about your experience with this challenge.

Replies

• BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I am so in
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in. Maybe this will help me focus more- which I have been doing well but I like the idea of challenge. Anyways here is my info:

My name is Rhashida
    I'm 33 and 250lbs- down from 315 when I started this about a year ago
    My goal is to get to 220 lbs or less by end of challenge
    I will work out 4-5 days per week and walk to work at least 3 days per week. Will stay within my daily calorie goals

Yay!
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you, what are your goals :)
  • scouvson13
    Options
    Hello, I'm in! Glad you are opening this to others.

My name is DeVette and I'm currently 203, down two pounds since I started two weeks ago. My goal is to be 179 by the end of the challenge. I will workout six days per week and stick to a 1200 calorie diet.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ohh! I'm excited. Does this mean we all get to be pals? I am open to friend request! :)
  • LoveDaLibra
    Options
    Countme in!!
    I'm Damique.. My starting weight is 250lbs but I haven't weighed myself in 3months. In 90 days I plan to be atleast 10lbs less than what I am now. I guess I will be weighing myself Oct 2nd at 5am b4 a good work out. Please keep me updated!!
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tamara Im 29,glad that you started this group and looking forward to OCT 2nd!!!

I am 333.5 ~ down from 392 started in mid May.
    My goal is to be at 299 by Jan, but my ultimate goal is 215.
    I plan to follow my 1500 -1700 calorie diet with exercising 5-6 days a week (burning 800-1000 calories each session)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaay! I need help with motivation to exercise...Yes I would like to join too! I been goofing off.

count me in!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    bump
  • CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm so in! Maybe this will help keep me focused. I have been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs. for the past few weeks and don't know why. I have 25 more lbs. to goal. Hopefully, this challenge will aid in getting me there sooner than I thought.
    My name is Vonda
    Start Weight: 187...down from 266.8
    My goal is to lose 15+ lbs. during this challege and to start a running program
    I have been a Weight Watchers Meeting & Online member for over a year

Let's do this ladies.....I'm ready!
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Finally getting back on track eating wise. I'm ally 22 and challenges help me stay on track.

SW-159
    Goal- 145

Im currently training for a 10k and doing winsor pilates
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am in looking forward to making new Diva friends.

Name:Lexie
    Start Weight: 359
    Goal:335
    Plan to get there: Workout five times a week, Monitor my food diary, Do a 5k, and ALWAYS remember It might be hard but I am worth it!!!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    bump
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    Can your UK cousins join too?
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!! I AM ALL IN!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    Blogsite Up, be sure to check it out.

http://destinedtobeadivachallenge.blogspot.com/
  • Plussizediva24
    Options
    ok im down...i missed the other challenge so im in on this one.
    Name: Ruthie
    current weight: 266 pounds
    end of challenge goal weight: 241 pounds
    plans to get to my goal weight: 5-6 days of exercise and staying under my calorie goal.
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for the challenge.

Name: April Joy
    Current Weight: 224
    End of Challenge Goal Weight: 190
    Plans: Workout 6 days a week with Turbo Fire, P90X, walking uphill 4 times a week, and stay under calorie goal. Monitor carbs, fast food, processed food, and sugar.
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Im In!!!!

Name: Shaunda
    Current Weight: 242
    End of Challenge Goal Weight: 230
    Plans: I am on the Dukan diet and I alternate between bicycling and Zumba.
    I would like to add more strength training to my daily routines.
  • lynnstar_lynnstar
    Options
    Oh, I am so in!!

My name is Lynn

Current weight is 283
    End of challenge weight goal is 260 (at least)

I definitely need to reinvigorate my workout regimen so this challenge is right on time

Plans: More walking (treadmill and in the neighborhood), yoga class at the gym once a week, get back to my strength training routine, incorporate more veggies into my diet and become consistent with tracking food, water and exercise.