I won a medal and set a new PR!

Replies

• Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    amazing!!!! huge congrats to you!!!!! xoxoxo what an accomplishment!!!
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Congratulations! What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    That is an amazing time, a time I have NEVER done in my 9 years of running!! I don't do 5Ks anymore, so I might be faster that I think. I do distance now, which is done a bit slower. Congrats on a job WELL done!! Keep on running and forget that age stuff!! I'm in my 50s doing ultras, something I never dreamed I would be doing when I took those first, tentative steps many years ago.

You ROCKED it, sister!! :drinker:
  • Wonderful... story your success makes me smile. Congratulations you out did yourself today!!! :drinker:
  • AWESOME. CONGRATS!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    LL, you are my hero!
    Thanks for sharing your story, it's great to read something like this to start my week.
    The only problem is that I'm on the bus and it made me a bit teary - but that's ok.
    Well done !!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    WTG!! I'm getting ready to start week 5 on the couch to 5k..I'm also 39 y/o..i haven't run in 20+ years.. someday i'm gonna do a 5k..
  • Awesome!!! Good job!!!
  • steve81872
    steve81872 Posts: 23 Member
    As an avid runner of more than 10 years who is also 39 years old you have taught me something new today. STFU to the little voices in my head is perfect. People that don't run have no idea how mental it really is. It looks like your running future will have many more of these victories. You my friend are a runner and a damn good one!!!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Well done!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Awesome job!!!!
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Awesome story! It's a huge thing to recognize that little voice for what it is, instead of subconsciously hearing it and complying. Way to go!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Wow LL, that's such a phenomenal achievement, I am completely in awe of you! With that kind of progress, I expect to see you at the Olympics next year!
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Well done! That is amazing!
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Nice one! Well done!!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Aw, this story brought a couple little tears to my eyes. I'm definitely going to start running soon! Way to go!!!:drinker:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    THAT IS AWESOME !!!!

I am happy that I was able to walk a little in the last 6 months.

I've been having the time of my life.

Cancer claimed my parents so it's close to my heart. Raised $180 for Cancer Council.

It certainly is a good feeling to give back while we are able.

Keep your eyes on the prize and use your gift.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Congrats on your success and the money you raised. Well done
  • Congrats! You look great out there! BTW, one of my goals is to do a Warrior Dash, looks like so much fun!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Thanks! *smooches!*

If you want to talk inspiring, though...

At the starting line, there was a little boy in front of me. I was a bit irked, thinking that he belonged in the back with the walkers, that there was no way he could run the whole thing. I shifted over a few feet, so I wouldn't end up stepping on him when we started.

At around the one mile marker, as the crowd was thinning out, I glanced up to see he was about 100 yards ahead of me! And still running strong! I passed him around the halfway point, and actually felt kind of bad about it.

He finished in 26:13. We talked to his parents a bit afterward. He's six years old and trying for the world record for his age group. He shaved 30 seconds off his time from his race last week to this one, and I think they said he's another 30 seconds off the record!

He's amazing, and I expect him to be famous someday.

(Then I can say I outran the famous Olympian! :laugh: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!