C25K Beginners Running Group - Week 3 (Closed Grp)

Options
Ok team, Monday, 9/26/11 is the start of our week 3. You have until Sunday, 10/2/11 to complete the 3 workouts:

Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
• Jog 90 seconds
• Walk 90 seconds
• Jog 3 minutes
• Walk 3 minutes.

Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
• Jog 90 seconds
• Walk 90 seconds
• Jog 3 minutes
• Walk 3 minutes.

Workout 3: Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
• Jog 90 seconds
• Walk 90 seconds
• Jog 3 minutes
• Walk 3 minutes.

I'm super duper nervous, but excited to get started. Here's to a great week!!
n6ooip.png

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yay! Going running tomorrow. :)
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have to dig it deeper. I might try to do today and see how it goes may be half the time.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    The hub and I went walking this morning, so in the middle of our walk I tried a 3 minute jog and it was sooooo hard!! I was fine at 2 min, 20 secs, but after that my chest started to burn :sad:
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    w3d1: I finished it about 20 minutes ago and I am ringing wet. The cold shower is screaming my name. Honestly the first rotation wasn't bad the second one was quite a bit tougher. I have not run for 3 minutes straight in atleast 20 years. I feel awesome that I accomplished it, but very tired!!!!!!:ohwell:

Good luck to everyone this wk!
  • chanson104
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Christine, and I am excited to join in with you on this C25K. I have been using the app the last couple weeks, and I am enjoying it, but the increasing intensity has me scared! I have NEVER been a runner and the thought of me doing a 5K cracks me up! But I think this is a great workout, and it helps me to have a specific goal to work toward. I have always struggled with weight and seem to be continuously on that weight loss roller coaster. My history has been that I do well during the spring and summer months and then gain all that I lost and more back in the fall and winter. I want to do this to keep me motivated to keep losing through the cold dreary months!
  • ysamatar
    Options
    I did it... Yes I DID run for 3 min striaght!

a. W3D1: 9/25
    b. I anticipated that I wasn't going to finish it. The first was hard for me, the second one I breathe thru it and finished with dancing.

The price of the day my little princess come to the room and said " Mom you're doing this so that you can be healthy and play with me" As I was struggling with the run I said yes Moma her reply " I Love You Moma and muuah!"
  • ysamatar
    Options
    BTW my speed didn't change 3 for walk 4.5 for the run with 1%incline.
  • ysamatar
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Christine, and I am excited to join in with you on this C25K. I have been using the app the last couple weeks, and I am enjoying it, but the increasing intensity has me scared! I have NEVER been a runner and the thought of me doing a 5K cracks me up! But I think this is a great workout, and it helps me to have a specific goal to work toward. I have always struggled with weight and seem to be continuously on that weight loss roller coaster. My history has been that I do well during the spring and summer months and then gain all that I lost and more back in the fall and winter. I want to do this to keep me motivated to keep losing through the cold dreary months!

Hi Christine, we all struggle with the weight and I believe as long as we're committed and remain consistent we will get there. This group helps me to focus as I try to do what is best for my health. Winter months are the worst for me as I don't like cold weather and my scape for that is munching sweets and a lot of sweet tea with spices, I'm hoping this time around I will beat the winter blues with running. Best of luck to you.
  • ysamatar
    Options
    w3d1: I finished it about 20 minutes ago and I am ringing wet. The cold shower is screaming my name. Honestly the first rotation wasn't bad the second one was quite a bit tougher. I have not run for 3 minutes straight in atleast 20 years. I feel awesome that I accomplished it, but very tired!!!!!!:ohwell:

Good luck to everyone this wk!

Great job Tonya!:flowerforyou: I kept telling my hubby I did it. Can you believe I run for 3 min!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Great job Tonya and Yasmin, you gals ROCK!!! Since you both started early, I expect a bonus run from each of you!! Are you up for the challenge??
    I'm so happy to hear that you both got through it and have lived to tell the tale :laugh: Well done :heart:

Welcome to the group Christine!! Thanks for checking in and introducing yourself. As mentioned, we're a small group, but we are here to help each other along. Two weeks ago, I couldn't imagine being where I am today with this program, but with the support here, I am confident that we will all succeed through the 9 weeks.

Felicia
  • ysamatar
    Options
    You got it dear. I'm up for the challenge.
  • chanson104
    Options
    I just completed week 3 day 1. Who knew that 3 minutes could last so incredibly long?! Felt good to get it done!
  • chanson104
    Options
    I did it... Yes I DID run for 3 min striaght!

a. W3D1: 9/25
    b. I anticipated that I wasn't going to finish it. The first was hard for me, the second one I breathe thru it and finished with dancing.

The price of the day my little princess come to the room and said " Mom you're doing this so that you can be healthy and play with me" As I was struggling with the run I said yes Moma her reply " I Love You Moma and muuah!"

This is precious and so inspirational! Great job!
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job Tonya and Yasmin, you gals ROCK!!! Since you both started early, I expect a bonus run from each of you!! Are you up for the challenge??
    I'm so happy to hear that you both got through it and have lived to tell the tale :laugh: Well done :heart:

Welcome to the group Christine!! Thanks for checking in and introducing yourself. As mentioned, we're a small group, but we are here to help each other along. Two weeks ago, I couldn't imagine being where I am today with this program, but with the support here, I am confident that we will all succeed through the 9 weeks.

Felicia

Game on! I want to run everyother day not 3 days a wk. Bonus run will be on Saturday!!!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I just completed week 3 day 1. Who knew that 3 minutes could last so incredibly long?! Felt good to get it done!

Awesome Christine!! I'll be doing W3D1 today!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    a. W3D1 done 26/9/11
    b. It was ok - not as difficult as I was expected. On the last minute of the last 3 minute run I felt like stopping, but persevered.

It went so quickly this work out!
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great start to the week everyone! I'm feeling a lot of positive energy here.
  • katieruns
    Options
    Is there any way you guys might be able to squeeze in another group member... I just completed W3D1 this morning and I can't find another C25K group that's on the same week as me. If not it's ok, but it would be great to have others on the same cycle.

Thanks so much!!!

Katie
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Is there any way you guys might be able to squeeze in another group member... I just completed W3D1 this morning and I can't find another C25K group that's on the same week as me. If not it's ok, but it would be great to have others on the same cycle.

Thanks so much!!!

Katie

Hi Katie,
    Here are a couple of groups that I believe are currently open. There are many people who are where you are so I’m sure you’ll be able to make connections within your week. Best of luck to you!:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/352440-c25k-wk1-day-1-who-s-with-me?hl=c25k&page=2#posts-4765203

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/303045-c25k-support-group-starting-6-27?hl=c25k&page=13#posts-4745169
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    a. W3D1 - Done (Monday) 3.5 walk /5.0 run
    b. Not sure how I feel. My legs felt like concrete by the end,but now that I'm back at my desk eating lunch I feel somewhat better.
    c. Keep on doing what we're doing.

I agree that it seemed quicker than the past workouts. That's a good thing. :)