MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-9/25-10/1

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: September 25 to October 1, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My goals this week:

1. Do something for myself every day.
    2. Have at least three fruits/veggies a day.
    3. Do Chalean X as scheduled.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    My "cold" is allergies. Have some meds and am beginning to feel better:happy:

Goals for this week:

1. Sleep 7-8 hours
    2. Keep sodium at 1700-1900
    3. Exercise at least 4 times this week
    4. Drink 64-80 ounces of water each day

thanks for starting this thread Ladygloria!:flowerforyou:
  • littlemount
    Options
    I would like to be part of your team to keep me rooted I am allready part of another team.Hope you will have me on this team.
    Goals from 9/25- 10/1
    1- water - 64 oz daily
    2- calories - 1200 daily
    3- exercises extra- do 3000- 5000 steps walk/ jog in the evening
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (9/25-10/1)

1 - Track food daily, make healthier choices
    2 - Workout 4-5 days this week
    3 - Stay FOCUSED on the Game!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had

Great to see all my friends :love: returning and always happy to have new ppl join up with us...it's a terrific group! Always such a friendly bunch participating and so motivating to be in this with you all each day!

Welcome Back Everyone!:smooched:

Adding another goal.. checking in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had. :wink: :heart: Because I sure miss you when I don't and find I do much better be more accountable.:flowerforyou:
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello All! THE BESTEST GROUP in this forum!!!

Goals for week of 9/25 to 10/1
    1) Do P90X everyday before work. This means getting up at 5am!
    2) Do 3 non P90X work outs
    3) Drink 80oz of water per day
    4) Eat a healthy breakfast every day
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I would like to be part of your team to keep me rooted I am allready part of another team.Hope you will have me on this team.
    Goals from 9/25- 10/1
    1- water - 64 oz daily
    2- calories - 1200 daily
    3- exercises extra- do 3000- 5000 steps walk/ jog in the evening

littlemount :heart: Of course! We'd love to have you, everyone is welcome here...we've got a great bunch working hard to reach our goals we set up weekly.

la_nanita :heart: Good to see you back! Yup, absolutely the "Bestest Group':smooched:

ladygloria :heart: Appreciate you starting our new thread this week! So sorry to hear about the cold and being sleep deprived, I know that feeling so well. Hope you're able to catch up a bit and get over that cold. Love your goal of taking "me time" each day.. So important for all of us to do!

mrogers52 :heart: So glad you're starting to feel better!

markyswife :heart: Glad you decided to join us this week, I think you'll enjoy this group a lot!

mggirll0122 :heart: You're absolutely right, it's a very warm group of ppl ...glad you're with us!

MAK_01 :heart: Each time I see you it makes me happy, we all get busy at times, hang in there Girl! What movie did you go see? What'd you think?

KrisPage :heart: I think we're all glad a brand new week is starting... a new beginning for all of us!

philosohoe :heart: I so agree with you, we've all done a pretty great job hanging in this past week despite a few bumps in the road. Hope the wedding went well and I laughed at your Twizzler encounter. I so agree, they never taste different but our brain does try to fool us into to thinking so! ugh!

Papillon22 :heart: Good job on the veggie/fruit goal Sat., you're inspiring me to eat more of each!

Cheers for the best week yet!:drinker: :smooched:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    Ladygloria - :smile: yay for the new thread. Great goals. I'm so glad you kept the one to do something for yourself each day
    Mrogers52 - Sorry to hear about the allergies. But I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better.
    Hearts♥Desire - So glad to see you are back! Great goals again. I know how tempting it can be to not check in when you have a bad day. Good luck to you.
    Littlemount - Welcome, so glad you've joined us!
    La_nanita - those goals look awful familiar :happy: YAY for P90X! You'll have to keep us posted on how it is going.

My goals for the week... these might look a little familar, but I am adding a new one.

1. 30DS
    2. Get in 3 non 30DS workout's in.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work everyday
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips)
    5. Get my weekends under control - been eating out WAY to much on the weekends lately.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! I'm back and happy to be here. I must admit, taking the week off to get myself back into the right mindset has helped. I'm feeling more in control than I did prior to last week. It's nice to see how well you have all been doing (I did peak last week just to keep up-to-date with everyone's progress).

Goals for this week:
    1. Log all that I eat and stay within calorie allowance.
    2. Walk each morning during the week.
    3. Bed by 10 PM.

Happy Losing everyone. :heart:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    * peek, not peak
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hi All!!! I'm back and happy to be here. I must admit, taking the week off to get myself back into the right mindset has helped. I'm feeling more in control than I did prior to last week. It's nice to see how well you have all been doing (I did peak last week just to keep up-to-date with everyone's progress).

Goals for this week:
    1. Log all that I eat and stay within calorie allowance.
    2. Walk each morning during the week.
    3. Bed by 10 PM.

Happy Losing everyone. :heart:
    YAY!! So glad you are back! And I'm glad to hear your time off helped you. I'm calling this weekend my weekend off.

Hearts♥Desire - love your support!! I actully saw 2 movies this weekend. Yesterday I saw Money Ball with the hubby GREAT movie. Today I saw Abduction with the girls, decent movie.

OK time to log off for a littl bit and get some sort of workout in! I need to try and counteract some of eating out I did this weekend.
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    Hi All! Can I join too?
    This week is going to be particularly crazy since my company is producing a huge fund raiser on Saturday! I am really going to need to stay on track.
    So for these 7 days I really am going to keep it simple:
    1. log all food
    2. remember to eat (yes, I am fat but not eating because of stress can make me go backwards!)
    3. Get 13 miles of exercise in.

Let's have a great week Everybody!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :bigsmile:
  • mggirll0122
    Options
    My goals this week:

1. Exercise 4x
    2. Stay on track even though eating out several times this week. (I cook all our meals and pack both my breakfast and lunch, so eating out is not something I have done much of since June).
    3. Take vitamins daily
    4. Add more protein

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
    Sharon :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi All! Can I join too?
    This week is going to be particularly crazy since my company is producing a huge fund raiser on Saturday! I am really going to need to stay on track.
    So for these 7 days I really am going to keep it simple:
    1. log all food
    2. remember to eat (yes, I am fat but not eating because of stress can make me go backwards!)
    3. Get 13 miles of exercise in.

Let's have a great week Everybody!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :bigsmile:
    Absolutely Hon... glad you found us! Your goals sound great and I totally understand about forgetting to eat at stressful times or simply being unable too.

Welcome Welcome & cheers to you for a new week:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Thanks Ladygloria for starting our new week. Love the goal of something for self on a daily basis, I struggled with that one for weeks. You certainly deserve it.
    mrogers: glad you've discovered it's allergies, maybe you'll start feeling better. Tough goal on the sodium, good luck.

littlemount: such a small amount of calories, does the name match the height? (I'm a shorty, so that's why mine is low) And welcome to the "team", we're very inspirational to me personally.

HeartsDesire: totally can relate to checking in every day. It's so crucial to me. What game? Health? I like the wording. Love your support with hearts instead of bulletins. So warm and inviting looking.

la_nanita: my goodness are you ambitious, love the early morning goal, best of luck! I'm envious of MAK's devotion, and hope you attain the workouts that you want.

MAK: my weekends are my biggest struggle as well. It's like I need the structure to stay good. Thank goodness for this group. Good luck on the BLTS. You got this girl !

Danlyn: super excited to see you back on and glad the break helped you.

RealMe: 13 miles, wow! And remembering to eat has never been my issue, but glad you recognize it and hope that you remember it. Sorry if you're feeling stressed out right now.

mggirl: you look wonderful, a grandma?! And an adorable lil one you're holding too. I just recently started playing with protein, unfortunately can only increase if I add the powder, but it's not bad actually.

My goals:
    Exercise 7 times, 3 chalean, 3 abs.
    Calorie goal between 1100 and 1500, with protein being higher than fat.
    3 servings of fruits/veggies daily
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Mrogers, glad to hear it’s not an actual cold. Hope the meds kick in and you feel better soon. Great goals this week!

Littlemount, all are welcome. This is never a closed challenge. You can be on as many teams as you want and still be here. You’ll find a great group of regular supporters, but we always have new people joining in.

Hearts Desire, I hear you on the checking in. I feel very accountable to this group and when I don’t check in, I feel guilty. Great goals!

La_nanita, your goals are awesome (and sound a lot like Mak’s old ones for P90x). I know you can do it! Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

Mak, I kept it because I suck at it and obviously need to work on it. Glad you’re here and I love your goals. I know you can meet them and control your “out of control” weekends.

Danlyn, glad to hear the week off helped. Sometimes you have to do what works for you.  Welcome back!

RealMeSomeday, welcome! I love your goals. 13 miles of what particular exercises? Or do you mix it up? Good luck with the fundraiser this coming weekend!

Mggirl0122, glad to see you back for another week. Great goals! Eating out can be difficult, but I think it’s nice to still treat ourselves when we can.

Lttee, I agree, it’s a hard goal. You are rocking the Chalean and I’m so glad you like it. Keep it up! I think I’m going to take a cue from you and try the abs at least two days this week. Hopefully I won’t forget.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    La_nanita - those goals look awful familiar :happy: YAY for P90X! You'll have to keep us posted on how it is going.

They should, I am taking a page out of your book since you are so inspirational!
  • MAK_01
    Options

They should, I am taking a page out of your book since you are so inspirational!
    :blushing: You are so sweet thank you! :flowerforyou: Now Monday morning you show Tony who's the boss!!!

You all are so amazing. I couldn't do this without the group. You all keep me so motivated. HUGGS to you all!!

Sunday check in:
    1. 30DS - day 5 done. I'm a day behind since I missed my Saturday work out
    2. Get in 3 non 30DS workout's in. - got in a bike ride today.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work - I went the grocery store so I'm set ... Now I just need to pack some of the food I bought!
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) - ok today. I did try a bit of my friends dessert at lunch (hate to say it .. SO totally worth not making my mini goal for the bite LOL!)
    5. Get my weekends under control - since I had lunch out today I had a light dinner at home.

Ok all my friends here is to great Monday.... Ok it is Monday ... So here's to a tolerable Monday hehehe :laugh:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge! After the week I had last week (no logging, eating out too much and no exercise due to travelling) I need to get myself back into the game! :bigsmile:

1) exercise 5 days this week
    2) walk at least 10 miles this week
    3) stay under calories, but make sure to eat enough ('m bad with 'planning' and end up being way under alot)
    4) at least 64oz of water daily
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in for last week:
    1) Exercise 5/7 days: Yes! 6/7 for the week achieved! 2 Sunday swims are a bonus!
    2) 10-12 cups of water everyday: check but I only accomplished this goal 4 times this week, so this goal stays.
    3) Try to keep Sodium & Logged Potassium as close as possible and Sodium under 2000 5/7 days: nope. 3/7 for this goal for the week Sunday's sodium was a frightening 4309!!!!!! Literally my WORST sodium day since I started MFP. YIKES! I don't know what happened. Actually, I know exactly what happened; I ATE ALL THE WRONG FOODS ALL DAY LONG.
    4) DO NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY:Check! 7/7

NEW GOALS FOR THE NEW WEEK (Mon-Sun)
    1) Exercise 6 days
    2) 10-12 cups water EVERYDAY
    3) Sodium under 2000 EVERYDAY
    4) Take a walk or do some deep breathing exercises when I get that "I'm about to strangle:mad: punch:angry: maim:explode: stab someone" feeling. (This is my mental health/anger management goal for the week )
    5) DO NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY. (I had toyed with the idea of removing this goal, but I think that if I can make it through the week without any real temptations or the need to do my chant everyday, then I will be able to call this a habit next week.)

Welcome Welcome to all the new folks for the week! And so great to see Danlyn and HeartsDesire back too!! HUG:heart: HUG:heart: HUG:heart: HUG:heart: HUG!

Thanks ladygloria for starting our week off on the right foot with your awesome thread starting skills and your fantastic good example setting. You rock Lady.

Have the best possible Monday! Check in with ya'll tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    NSV for me today: three women told me I look fantastic in my bathing suit! yay! and one of my friends who has always been fit (just had a baby) is going to join me for chalean weights.

Philosohoe: I don't think I can incorporate swimming with her, we both know I'm not that motivated to swim that much, lol. But look at what a great thing you're starting to everyone around you?

My check in for the last week:
    Excercised 9 times, in addition to 2 chalean weight circuits, and 3 ab burners (chalean). Go me!!
    Didn't stay in calorie goal, had a party over at the house and already was in the mindset of increasing calories to this upcoming week's goal since I've been so active, so not feeling all that guilty.
    Didn't quite make 3 servings (my achilles heel apparently).

So reminder to me for this week:
    Exercise 7 times, 3 chalean, 3 abs.
    Calorie goal between 1100 and 1500, with protein being higher than fat.
    3 servings of fruits/veggies daily

bhurley: welcome! cute baby.