Replies

• bhajrizi11
    Options
    bump

interesting :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Juice fasts are silly. You will do much better eating the things you are juicing whole. The fiber will fill you up so you aren't hungry and do all the good cleansing things fiber does.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Juice fasting is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How about exercising and juicing - do you feel ok after a long hike or a Zumba class while only drinking juice?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I only started juicing because lots of pro athletes do it and look how great they look!
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I started my juice fast detox Sept. 11th, 2012. 4 juice drinks per day @ 16 ounce each. I did this for 10 full days, on day 11 (I continued to juice but ate my first apple), 12th day (I continued to juice but ate green grapes, 13th day (I continued to juice but ate an apple with peanut butter), today is day 14 and I continued to juice but for lunch I had homemade veggie soup and for my snack some canalope. My juice fast drinks were all made fresh with 95% green veggies and 5% fresh fruit of my choice. So far I feel great, dropped 12 lbs and energy level is great. I drink at least 64 ounces of water per day. I plan on juicing in the morning to give myself a healthy jump start.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're stocked up on toilet paper.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    bumping as very interested in this
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This never seemed like a good idea to me, but I guess we all have to find what works for us individually. Personally, I'm a big fan of focusing on eating whole foods (including fruits and veggies). Best of luck to you.
  • bamorford
    bamorford Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    extremely interested! i've always eaten very healthy but now i'm curious about juicing. thanks!
  • bbelnap2
    bbelnap2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see you pointed out the 1600 cal per day of juice. This puts you in a juice feast range instead of a juice fast. This is very healthy. I did a juice diet variation that allowed lean proteins for 1 meal and I dropped 50 pounds in 2.5 months. If you do have trouble exercising up your protein levels. Kale juice adds a bit more protein. I can't stand Kale without some lemon in there too, so make sure you stock up.

Good luck. I'm thinking of starting up again. Thanks.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options

:laugh:

plus it pretty much cancels out bacon...
  • gldnlark
    Options
    Juicing is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I too have an Omega and it gets used on an average of 3-5 times a day, 5+ days a week. I do a Monday-Detox every week, at the least (typically 3 days) and I feel terrific! I save and freeze the pulp to make soups and stuff with on the weekends.

Did you say you juice 1600 calories a day? WOW... With 3 18oz juices a day, I typically average about 400 calories - total. Yes, I do track mine on here.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    How do you guys calculate the calories for the juice? I've never been able to figure it out since I'm sure it's not the same as eating the whole fruit...is it? I've watched the video and loved it...I never actually did the fast though. I turned a friend onto it and he did a 10 day fast and now eats almost nothing but fruits & veggies, eggs once or twice a week and fish once or twice. It kinda turned me off a little because he lost weight, but he looks so skinny...he lost muscle even though he works out almost everyday. Since I have so much to lose though it may be good for me to do a detox to get started. I just want to make sure I'm taking in enough calories though.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How do you guys calculate the calories for the juice? I've never been able to figure it out since I'm sure it's not the same as eating the whole fruit...is it?

Calories for 100% juice are in the tracker.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I saw the movie just the other day. I have a juicer and started juicing last night with the mean green recipe. I juiced for my whole day of work. I start at 8am but don't get off till 10. I may have made too much juice. I feel great. My stomach was growling first thing this morning but has stopped. I have drank 15 cups of water, so I don't have the headache most talk about getting. I plan to do this for 10 days and see how I feel. Once I stop I may do it for breakfast and lunch and have a simple meal of vegetables, fish and brown rice. I'm excited about all the health benefits, clear skin, healthy hair, energy and weight loss. Good luck. I am adding the calories to my daily journal. Feel free to add me.
  • Espressocycle
    Options

:laugh:

plus it pretty much cancels out bacon...

mmm... bacon juice.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have been juicing since I was 16, and I have learned an awful lot. First, you will want to buy a good bit of 8 oz mason jars. You only want to consume 8 oz of juice at a time anyway. The mason jars will let you portion correctly and keep the juice better. You can store up to 72 hours, though many will disparage that. I know that it does me good if it is brand new or 2.5 days old. I found that I can really notice an affect if I am drinking 3 or more glasses of juice a day. I barely feel a difference with less. I use the Green Star, which is a gear extraction juicer. This is much better than a centrifugal extractor in that it gets a ton more juice out of the veggies and also juices leafy greens well.

My main juice base remains the same:
    Parsley
    Beets
    Carrots
    Apples
    Spinach

To this I will add some taste. I will use basil, or ginger or other fresh herbs to up the flavor of the juice. Also, the Champion is a gear juicer as well. I have never used a Champion, and do not know if there are now more gear juicers on the market. With the Green Star, the pulp is extremely dry, no matter what you juice. I started with Juice Man, and boy that was several years of money down the drain!

Also, I have done long juice fasts, up to 3 weeks. It gets really easy after a couple days! Good luck!!
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    I only started juicing because lots of pro athletes do it and look how great they look!

LOL
    barry-bonds.jpg
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am interested in starting a juice fast! Is it possible to do a healthy juice fast drinking naked juice? I am watching the documentary you mentioned right now :) I found it on netflix
    Well, you will be missing a ton of nutrients. Naked juice isn't really raw juice. So, you are missing enzymes and phytonutrients and such. I used to add Naked Juice or Odwalla to my smoothies, but I use kefir now instead...