2»

Replies

• nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Recognize your mistakes and move on. Punishing yourself by fasting or something the next day will only start a vicious cycle. Willpower is like a muscle that needs reps to get stronger.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    Recognize your mistakes and move on. Punishing yourself by fasting or something the next day will only start a vicious cycle. Willpower is like a muscle that needs reps to get stronger.

LMAO - Can I just say that I love your profile picture??? Yoga pose...and a glass of wine. And what you said ^. All of that together makes me giggle.
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OOOOOO!!! I did that twice last week.....and didn't go to the gym. So, the next day, I worked out like normal, and just tried to stay within range and eat a little less. That way...the average at the end of the week is still in my range. It worked out, and I still lost 2lbs. As long as you're working out and meeting your goals most of the time, you'll be fine. I think we all do it. LOL.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Look at the big picture:

Over the course of one week, going over that one day by 1000 calories is the equivalent of going over every day by less than 150 calories. And since you're already eating at a deficit... you're still going to lose weight.

Personally, I think it's a good plan to go over every once in a while.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Yes, tomorrow you should do two things. Get back on track and forget about yesterday. It's over. We've all been there. Know that it will happen again. Life goes on.

+2

Don't beat yourself up. :D
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, tomorrow you should do two things. Get back on track and forget about yesterday. It's over. We've all been there. Know that it will happen again. Life goes on.

Love it! Great advice that I will remember:happy:
  • finchase
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Just go back to your normal routine of diet and exercise tomorrow. Don't half-kill yourself trying to make up for it; you can't do it. Also, it may actually be good in the long run that you went over. The body grows accustomed to the calorie total that you are feeding it and starts slowing down the weight loss. I've been dealing with this recently, and my trainer instructed me to go way over my daily calorie totals this weekend and then go back to normal tomorrow.