Replies

• jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Decreased my 5K time 3 minutes!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I fit into an old pair of size 22 stretch jeans last week but I was still sporting a muffin top. Today same jeans, no muffin top. I started exercising last week and have doubled my walking time (10 to 20 min.) and time on the Gazelle. (10-20 min.) I am pretty happy having gone from being a serious couch potato to wanting to move everyday, twice a day, for a 40 minute total, with goals to move far beyond that! :happy:
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Waved to a friend yesterday at my son's soccer game. She told her husband later that she didn't even recognize me at first. :D
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    I received a reward for burning the most calories at Curves! The current owner had previously spoken with me about no one ever burning as much as I typically do (400) and the goal of her superiors was 500 in a 30 minute circuit workout. And today, I, met that goal and went beyond. I think, other than seeing numbers drop, this is that happiest I have been at the gym!
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred and then took my dogs (three big whippets) for a four mile walk. I usually take them to the park in the car and then let them run but today I walked from home to the park 2 miles away and 2 miles back. I don't usually walk all three together as they can be a bad influence on each other( after getting chased down by two german Shepherds last year, one of mine is terrified of big dogs so him and the other two do their best to scare them away by barking like hellhounds!)

We managed to go past many other dogs and I kept them under control.... however, on the way back from the park a loose collie dog ran out from under a hedge and from a standing start, all three dogs immediately wanted to chase and bark and were pulling like crazy on the leads

My NSV is that with my super Jillian Michaels' muscles I managed to hold back all three of my snarling devil dogs and pull them back under control :)
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The vest I'm wearing =) The last time I tried it on, I couldn't even get close to buttoning it. Now.. It's a little loose. Ahhh.. victory.. :love:
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I pulled out a shirt from the closet in the other room that I had "retired" due to me being too large for it and it fit loosely. I also walked at lunch which isn't something I normally have time for at work. :)

Feeling good today!
  • SmileURLuved
    Options
    Crossed my legs for the ENTIRE meeting this morning...:flowerforyou:
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ran for 3 minutes straight today in my c25k W3D1 and didn't actually die and/or fall over.
  • CaelaXO
    CaelaXO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k this weekend! I did the same event last year and had to stop to walk more times than Id like to admit! This year, i ran the whole time! finished in 30 min,20 seconds! I couldnt have done that a year ago!!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Wore a DD bra on Saturday and it fit decently. Haven't been able to wear under a DDD for over a year.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My NSV was not today...but Saturday.....however, I have held on to it all weekend and through today!!

Saturday morning my 5 year old went to hug me and when she did she was able to put her arm all the way around my waist!! She was so excited she ran to tell her daddy that she could put her arms all the way around me!! She was so excited that she could do that!! Then she said...I bet I can pick you up!! I told her we should wait for another day for that!! LOL!!! It was the best feeling to have your little girl go on and on about it....and tried to tell everyone we knew about it!! I had to stop her from telling complete strangers a couple of time!!!

I still smile really big when I think about it!!! :happy: Now she doesn't want to just hug my neck...she want to hug my waist!! And of course I let her!!!:blushing:
  • athenawho
    Options
    I was walking around my apartment in my underwear (one of the joys of living alone) and I glanced over at the mirror and noticed that I could SEE the difference, so I smiled and realized that since my face has gotten thinner that I now have dimples :)
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The other day, I had gone out with a European girl I started seeing. While we were out she made the joking comment to me that "American's wear too large jeans" implying mine were too big! I kind of laughed to myself because I had only bought these smaller sized (36) in July while vacationing in the US. They pretty much fall off without a belt, so it made me realize I need to go out for the 34s now!

Yay!
  • annie41977
    Options
    When I woke up this morning, I didn't want to workout. I spent 15 minutes of my 30 minutes allotted for working out just convincing myself that I didn't want to workout. I decided that my goals were important and I had to get up and move. So, I did 12 minutes of biggest loser challenge wii right then and there. Then I made a plan to do 20 minutes during my youngest son's nap time. I just completed that about 10 minutes ago.

This is awesome for me because I know I need to move. I had excuses running all over my head. (At least my excuses are getting fit. LOL!) My knee hurts, I didn't get much sleep, the boys are up and I should go do this or that....blah blah blah. My knee did fine, I had more energy after my workouts and my boys love to watch me workout. So not acceptable excuses. LOL!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    45 minutes on the elliptical instead of 30!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Was able to walk around not 1, not 2, but 3 stores today and did not get winded. For me, that is HUGE! :)
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    For me it was a comment from a colleague. I was just about to go out for my lunchtime walk and she looked at me and said "wow, you're looking properly skinny now!" :happy:

It's funny because even if/when I reach my goal I'll still be at least 2 or 3 dress sizes bigger than she is, but it was good to hear!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, I was moaning to my husband that I couldn't really see any difference from the 30 Day Shred yet (I'm about half way) and he looked at me and said "er - I think you need your eyes testing!"
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    For the firs time in over a year I weigh less than my fiancé !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!