Whew.... kinda freaking out.

Options
I got an email from my fiance last night asking if I could pick him up at the airport tonight, he's been in Iraq the past 5 months, I am really nervous. Mainly cause we haven't seen each other for 5 months!!!!

I am going to take the advice many gave when he came home before, "Enjoy the time you have together and not worry so much about 'weightloss' while he's home." It's harder then one thinks but I will try to not obsess about my food so I don't spoil the limited time we do have. :huh:

I am sooooo nervous! I feel like I am gonna throw up!
:noway:

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I got an email from my fiance last night asking if I could pick him up at the airport tonight, he's been in Iraq the past 5 months, I am really nervous. Mainly cause we haven't seen each other for 5 months!!!!

I am going to take the advice many gave when he came home before, "Enjoy the time you have together and not worry so much about 'weightloss' while he's home." It's harder then one thinks but I will try to not obsess about my food so I don't spoil the limited time we do have. :huh:

• TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Well if he's been gone 5 months, I'm sure you'll get a lot of 'exercise'
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo! You will have an amazing time with him. Eat well and be active. Forget the rest :)
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I agree there will be exercise.

Enjoy your time with him and don't worry!:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Give him a hug and thank him for his service...

Enjoy your time!! Just control your portions - you'll be fine!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thanks you guys.

I am not overly worried about "exercise"...
    It's just stressful.... I mean for all I know I could be getting married within the next 2 weeks, we are traveling to WA for a weekend, and all the while I am balancing teaching, change in semester and finals (for my students)!

And my kiddo is sick.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on R&R!!!! You won't have a problem enjoying your time and forgetting about food :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    YAY for the fiance coming home! Enjoy your time with him! Oh, and I hope your kiddo gets better soon. The joys of winter time. blah.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I know it's been a long 5 months! Enjoy your time and let him know we all appreciate what he's doing! Hope your child gets better so that will be one less worry! Don't be nervous- he'll be happy to see you:)
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Hi ChubbyBunny,

I have been there. I was once married to a solider, but I know that when we were dating and engaged, life stopped when he came home. I took off of work, I didn't see my family, I didn't talk to my friends...there just wasn't enough time. Whenever we saw each other after a while, I was always nervous, so I know what that throw up feeling feels like! And I also know what it's like to not know what the next two weeks will be like (I was married with 3 weeks notice!). But, I also know that as soon as you see each other, that all magically disappears and you feel complete again. Cope the best you can and enjoy his time home. And don't you spend one minute doing "conventional" exercise! :tongue:

I hope you have a great time together, don't obsess about food, but don't let it all go either. He'll appreciate your new lifestyle, as long as it doesn't cramp your life together too much! I wish both you and him the best and hope you have a wonderful two weeks!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hurray for his safety. Remember, he loves you for you, not your size. Have a great time! You can show him what you do while he's away and exercise together!:drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    To make things even MORE fun.... I am stuck in the "middle man" role...
    He doesn't have the BEST relationship with his family...but they insist on butting into his life...so who do they contact....that'd be me (which I am not really kosher with). Not that I don't like them...I just believe that there are obvious issues there that THEY need to resolve and not try to use me.

Oh! Now I am whinning! Maybe it's lack of water... I forgot mine today! :sad:
  • furrflys
    Options
    you'll be burning plenty of calories trust me:wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Hi ChubbyBunny,

I have been there. I was once married to a solider, but I know that when we were dating and engaged, life stopped when he came home. I took off of work, I didn't see my family, I didn't talk to my friends...there just wasn't enough time. Whenever we saw each other after a while, I was always nervous, so I know what that throw up feeling feels like! And I also know what it's like to not know what the next two weeks will be like (I was married with 3 weeks notice!). But, I also know that as soon as you see each other, that all magically disappears and you feel complete again. Cope the best you can and enjoy his time home. And don't you spend one minute doing "conventional" exercise! :tongue:

I hope you have a great time together, don't obsess about food, but don't let it all go either. He'll appreciate your new lifestyle, as long as it doesn't cramp your life together too much! I wish both you and him the best and hope you have a wonderful two weeks!

I almost cried reading that... I can't take off life for the 2 weeks he is here.... teaching in all does have it's downfalls but I am taking a little bit of time off.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your time once he gets there I am sure the stress will ease up.
    Have a great time with him and I hope the little one gets better
  • abillings9
    Options
    Hi Chubby Bunny- I am an army wife and I know just how it is! My dh just came home from Iraq this past Nov. after a 13 month tour.
    I agree with everyone else... I would just try to eat as healthy as possible and not worry about exercise! Enjoy those 2 weeks together and don't think one minute about anything else! It is normal to feel stressed right now but once he walks off that plane it will all just vanish. I hope your time together goes slowly and the rest of his tour goes quickly for you!! Hang in there and hugs!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thanks you guys... you are just amazing.
    I am sitting here and between labs and waiting for his call to let me know he's in the states and I am torn between crying and hearing that little voice in my head scream like a little girl.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for the both of you! Live in the moment... Enjoy the visit! :flowerforyou:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I almost cried reading that... I can't take off life for the 2 weeks he is here.... teaching in all does have it's downfalls but I am taking a little bit of time off.

Don't cry...I had that luxury because I was young and didn't have any children. (Young and foolish more like it! He came before working to pay the bills :sad: I was always broke after he came home!) It probably wouldn't be the same if I was in that situation today. I am glad that you were able to get some time off to enjoy with him. I'm in education too and I understand how torn you can feel between him and your classroom. :smile:

Have fun!

And p.s., I was the middle man between the family as well. I feel your pain. Ahhh, those in-laws. :ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys... you are just amazing.
    I am sitting here and between labs and waiting for his call to let me know he's in the states and I am torn between crying and hearing that little voice in my head scream like a little girl.

Do the gigglie squealing thing. I'm betting it burns more calories :wink:

ENJOY HIS TIME HOME!! Yay for R&R!