How much bread do you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning MFP... How much bread do you eat per day and what kind of bread do you eat? I recently cut out Sara Lee's multigrain 45 cals per slice bread and have Ezekiel 4:9 Whole Sprouted Grain bread everyday. There's times where I have up to 3 slices.. not sure if this is a good thing or not even if I am staying at my calorie goal.

The sprouted grain is better for you than even wheat bread bc of how it is processed and i think it has helped with flattening my stomach a little. They have tortillas too, they are really good to make a breakfast taco.

But how much depends on what your carb goal is.. mine is to stay around 100g so i usually keep it to one piece of bread .. maybe too depending on how much i worked out.

I think you just have to listen to your body though. like if i eat too much carbs i can feel my belly bloat :/
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    NONE.. I am another little to no grain person.. with the occasional handful of popcorn.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    NONE.. I am another little to no grain person.. with the occasional handful of popcorn.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    None.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    None - unless it's the rare occasion I make a grain-free bread at home.
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    Whats with all the breadphobs?

All this talk of bread has made me crave a big hunk of home made warm bread.... I think I shall make some tomorrow :tongue:
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options

All this talk of bread has made me crave a big hunk of home made warm bread.... I think I shall make some tomorrow :tongue:

Why is it any concern of yours that other people don't eat bread (for whatever reason)?

Let me pretend to be you:
    What's with all these bread-lovers? :yawn:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I'm not a breadphob. I didn't give it up for weight loss purposes, I just rarely eat sandwiches and don't eat breakfast so I found my bread was always going to waste. About the only time I eat it is when I make garlic bread to go with a meal, which isn't very often. I'd usually rather have wine than bread with my meal.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    2 slices of toast (molenberg, whole...wheat? 82cal per slice) on weekday mornings, and this week I'm having pita pizza's made with half a whole meal pita.

In the weekends I have almost no bread though.
  • Scoobies87
    Options

Why is it any concern of yours that other people don't eat bread (for whatever reason)?

Lighten up it was a joke! Jeez!
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    None. For me, bread is a cheat meal because it's what made me gain weight in the first place. I haven't had any bread in over 3 months because I stopped buying it. The only grain I eat is brown rice, and that's only about a 1/2 cup cooked every 1-2 days.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    More than I should but no less than 2 slices a day.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Lighten up it was a joke! Jeez!

Sorry ... shouldn't have had the second cup of espresso--makes me crazy and didn't notice your smiley :embarassed: