C25K ~ Is anyone else starting their 3rd week?

Options
Just started week 3 of C25K this morning. :) Is anyone else in the same week?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yes! I did day 1 week 3 yesterday and at first I thought there's no way I can run 3 minutes straight but I did and can't wait to do it again!
  • katieruns
    Options
    YAY!!! Me too!!! I struggled two weeks ago with 60 seconds and now 3 minutes.... I didn't kill it, but I finished it without stopping!!! I didn't think i was going to be able to lick the 2nd 3 minute interval, but then all of a sudden she says, that's it you're done... start your cool down walk!! I was like YES!!!! I can't wait to go out again on Wednesday!!

How did yours feel?? Have you ever run before?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    lol yes I was surprised at how good I felt even after the second bout...no I haven't really ran before, I have been doing intervals off and on for awhile but now I'm getting serious and want to be an endurance runner!!
  • viennad
    Options
    I was supposed to start Week 3 today, but I wussed out during my warmup walk and did a repeat day of Week 2, Day 3 instead. I'm trying to get myself together to try it tomorrow. 3 minutes just feels so long!
  • katieruns
    Options
    viennad I was freaked out a little bit too and thought there was no way, but I just went slow... I actually added a minute per mile back onto my pace because I was plodding, but I finished running.... you can do it!!!!! just give it a go tomorrow or wednesday. You'll do great!!!

alypri it feels amazing doesn't it??!!?? The 5 minutes freaks me out but we all have another week before we have to tackle that, right?? LOL
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    alypri it feels amazing doesn't it??!!?? The 5 minutes freaks me out but we all have another week before we have to tackle that, right?? LOL

LOL! I don't want to think about it yet....haha actually at 5 weeks it's 20 minutes now that freaks me out!!
  • DaytonGuy
    DaytonGuy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 week 2 yesturday. Trying to get back into it. I've never liked running, but I think it's because I've always been so bad at it. I hope that once I improve, that will be motivation to keep running.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting week three tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, like I was with weeks one and two, but I'll get through it I'm sure.
  • viennad
    Options
    Okay! I'll hold myself accountable to you guys, and I'll try it! I mean, worst case scenario, I just have to walk some of the run, right? No big deal!

But I'm going to post here tomorrow when I do it, so I'll deff attempt it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Okay! I'll hold myself accountable to you guys, and I'll try it! I mean, worst case scenario, I just have to walk some of the run, right? No big deal!

But I'm going to post here tomorrow when I do it, so I'll deff attempt it.

Exactly! You're still doing better than you were just 3 short weeks ago! Good luck!
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Way to go guys! I just started W3 this morning too! We can do it! :)
  • katieruns
    Options
    I did day 1 week 2 yesturday. Trying to get back into it. I've never liked running, but I think it's because I've always been so bad at it. I hope that once I improve, that will be motivation to keep running.

That's how I feel too.... I am hoping once I get past this being able to run for 30 minutes then I can start to semi enjoy it since I have a good base LOL
  • katieruns
    Options
    Way to go guys! I just started W3 this morning too! We can do it! :)

Awesome!!! Welcome to the group!!! We'll all finish strong together!!!
  • katieruns
    Options
    I'll be starting week three tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, like I was with weeks one and two, but I'll get through it I'm sure.

Bethany, I think you'll surprise yourself... I didn't think I'd make it either, but I did and it felt exhausting but awesome!!! We can do anything for 3 minutes right?? :)
  • katieruns
    Options
    Going out for W3D2 this morning..... how is everyone else doing??
  • joleejo216
    Options
    Just got back from doing W3D2, feeling good! Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • katieruns
    Options
    My W3D2 was not fun!!! Felt like I was going to toss cookies toward the end of the last run segment, but I finished. My pace was up by a minute, but I was reading about pace and heat and humidity and it was funny because when I matched the temperature and the % humidity it was almost exactly how much my pace had increased to that day. I was pushing it way to hard I guess or maybe I'm just a weanie LOL... but I finished it and will finish up the last segement Saturday morning before heading to the VA State Fair!!!! Can't wait for that... get some running and loads of walking in. Just have to make sure I don't blow the cals on fried twinkies and corndogs... oh my goodness YUM!!!
  • katieruns
    Options
    Just got back from doing W3D2, feeling good! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jolee that's awesome!!!! So glad it's feeling good!!! Such a feeling of accomplishment every time that box gets colored in or checked off!!! Way to Go!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up the last week of B210k (after C25k) and you guys can all do it! Everyone has doubts but you can do it! Oh and most people repeat a week or a workout here and there, no big deal! Great that there are so many people getting out there!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Bethany, I think you'll surprise yourself... I didn't think I'd make it either, but I did and it felt exhausting but awesome!!! We can do anything for 3 minutes right?? :)

Just did day two. Three minutes is a long time, but I did it. And it wasn't as horrible this time as it was on Tuesday!