Looking for Vegetarian and Vegan friends (of all types)

Options
13»

Replies

• tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to a plant based diet most of the time. In the last 5 weeks I have had 2 non-veg days and I didn't feel so great afterward.
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm considering Vegan. Very very scared also. I've already added substitutes to my diet and enjoy them very much! I really need some support and encouragement from those who have traveled the path I am facing.

Thanks you all.
    SLB

Don't be scared!! We vegans are always happy to help out if you need advice, encouragement, etc. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, and you can also check out my (very small) blog where I am trying to compile my recipes, rather than have them scribbled on bits of paper in the kitchen drawer!! http://favouriteveganrecipes.blogspot.com/

xxxx
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I used to be vegan and actually my doctor has said I should probably return to eating that way as according to him I was far healthier. Add me as a friend and I'll try and help out. Working my way slowly to eating that way once again.
  • charleybillings
    Options
    HI I am vegan and would like to make some friends that are vegan too. The reason I turned vegan was because I use to get really sick and pass out in class. I have arthritis in my knees and asthma. I have acid reflex but it does not show up anymore since I changed my diet. But lately I feel off the wagon and I need help getting back up.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm not a vegetarian for any ethical reasons, I just don't like the taste of any type of meat. I do eat eggs, though. Occasionally I may go for a piece of bacon or something, but its not very often.

You are my idol! I've always wanted to eat a bacon eating vegetarian. What do you call yourself: Bacetarian? Theotherwhitemeatetarian? Porko-ovo? I am totally enamored.
  • xoxashley
    Options
    I just posted the same thing! i need vegetarian or vegans friends too! Fell free to add me :)
  • aebaxter10
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I just joined the site this morning and the first thing I searched for was a veggie/vegan message board! I have been a vegetarian for 3 years and a vegan for one and am looking for some veggie friends to lose weight with. Please feel free to add me for motivation/talk about vegetarianism or veganism/ just to have a friend!
  • coffeequeen23
    Options
    Hey there! I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for two and a half years. I made the change initially after working in a supermarket and having some pretty horrible experiences involving unwrapped or poorly wrapped meat. I also abstain from eating animal meat for ethical reasons, as well as many health reasons.

I still consume dairy products (do not get in the way of this girl and her Greek yogurt) but I've cut back considerably.

If you'd like to chat or share your story, feel free to friend me :D
  • xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm a vegetarian and I have been for about 15 years!

Friend me if you'd like! :D x
  • poquosonrn
    poquosonrn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently went vegan(couple months ago) and just joined fitnesspal. You can add me if you like. I'm looking for other vegan/vegetarians to converse with
  • _rosegray
    _rosegray Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegan :) i'm very new to it, though i've been vegetarian for over 12 years so that's all sorted :) feel free to add me!
  • lobsteriffic
    Options
    I've been vegan for 4.5 years, vegetarian 10 years before that. Always happy to have more veggie friends. :)