Bridesmaid dresses

Options
2»

Replies

• Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    Try any department store. Also, if you find a nice one that you like take a look at overstock.com or amazon.com to see if you can find it cheaper. I've had good luck with Amazon thus far.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Went to Davids for my dress and then they discontinued the color for the bridesmaid dresses. So they had to find a dress somewhere in the country. But they were deeply discounted. Two pairs each had the same dress and we altered them to tea length so it was individual and pulled together. The discontinued color was inconvenient but the rest was really good.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference in colors of purple. If there is a specific color you want, make sure they follow it, you don't want a mix of lilac, plum, violet, ultraviolet and orchid do you? Pick the color specifically, go to the fabric store, find the color you want and get a swatch to give the girls for reference when they go shopping. I like the David's Bridal idea. That's where I got my wedding dress, they have some good deals.

I know purple is what you want, BUT you cant' go wrong with black, you could have them carry purple flowers, and get some nice wide satin ribbon in the purple you want and use it for sashes on the waistline of their dresses, a basic black with a waistline would be best for this, then maybe purple shoes, or purple headbands. You can find black dresses everywhere, macy's jcpenny, heck, even Kohl's...

Good luck.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference in colors of purple. If there is a specific color you want, make sure they follow it, you don't want a mix of lilac, plum, violet, ultraviolet and orchid do you? Pick the color specifically, go to the fabric store, find the color you want and get a swatch to give the girls for reference when they go shopping. I like the David's Bridal idea. That's where I got my wedding dress, they have some good deals.

I know purple is what you want, BUT you cant' go wrong with black, you could have them carry purple flowers, and get some nice wide satin ribbon in the purple you want and use it for sashes on the waistline of their dresses, a basic black with a waistline would be best for this, then maybe purple shoes, or purple headbands. You can find black dresses everywhere, macy's jcpenny, heck, even Kohl's...

Good luck.

You read my mind! :) Purple would be very pretty but it might look mixed matched since purple would come in many shades. It would be so much easier on the girls to pick from a color such as black. I was never really into black for the dresses for bridesmaids, but went to a wedding this summer and it was very striking! The girls had the black dresses and carried really pretty lime/spring green flowers. Very elegant! But if you have your heart set on purple I would go with somewhere like JcPenney, etc. It probably wouldn't take long to receive. Good luck! :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    definitely have them go get a purple dress. but then all of you should meet up at the florist and make sure that each purple is represented in the bouquets. then it will look like that specific mix was on purpose.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I had 4 bridesmaids and they ranged from size 8 to a 30,I gave them a swatch of fabric and told them to find something in that color.

^^This^^

And try department stores over bridal places. David's Bridal and the like might not have just what you need, nor be able to get them in on time.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Good luck.

unforunatly black would be considered VERY unlucky and there is no black anywhere in the wedding. DF even had a ring picked out that was black titanium and his mom said absolutely not. I dont have a problem with it. That would just make things to easy right? And yes there are a lot of colors purple but the flowers are already decided and my flowers and theirs are a mix of purples and off white, it should be ok. But i have scoured every department stores website and been going to the mall since the begining and not found anything right. I think amazon might be the way to go. That was somewhere that I hadnt looked.