purple challenge!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I didn't see this thread til now. Regarding the comment that there aren't many people on here, one reason could be that the fitness levels are very different ( I couldn't possibly keep up with you) and/or tsome people just don't have time to sit at the computer. I know I feel I spend too much time reading/writing etc when I should be moving.

That being said, I like this challenge and I will try to do something during each commercial. I can certainly handle a jumping jack or walk up and down the stairs. Great idea! I certainly need to do something since I wasn't as good calorie-wise this week as last week. However, I did just get back from a good work-out at the Y.:smile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I didn't see this thread til now. Regarding the comment that there aren't many people on here, one reason could be that the fitness levels are very different ( I couldn't possibly keep up with you) and/or tsome people just don't have time to sit at the computer. I know I feel I spend too much time reading/writing etc when I should be moving.

That being said, I like this challenge and I will try to do something during each commercial. I can certainly handle a jumping jack or walk up and down the stairs. Great idea! I certainly need to do something since I wasn't as good calorie-wise this week as last week. However, I did just get back from a good work-out at the Y.:smile:
    I don't mind people not doing our challenges. I don't mean that in a bad way. I just wanted to get to know our team members more and see how they are doing on their weight loss. Just a friendly note that I am wanting to "meet" everyone. Sorry if it sounds bad. Don't mean for it to. I know people have their own way of working out. We are just wanting to keep people motivated, nothing bad and not trying to be pushy.
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    any purples want to join our fitness buddy group???....we just kinda keep each other accountable for our workouts and we try to help motivate each other!!!:drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32445-i-need-a-fitness-buddy
    well i was just doing it on our team, i don't get to work out every day and I don't want to let anyone down. How does all that work?

u dont have to work out everyday, and u wont let anybody down!!!! its all about U!!! we normally just post when we get our workouts done, any tips for other people and even if were having a lazy day and just need motivation!!! i know it keeps me accountable!!! join...its fun!!!:flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    Options
    u dont have to work out everyday, and u wont let anybody down!!!! its all about U!!! we normally just post when we get our workouts done, any tips for other people and even if were having a lazy day and just need motivation!!! i know it keeps me accountable!!! join...its fun!!!:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

I got you and I joined and thank you for asking! I love being held accountable to other people and this seems like a good place to be!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I'm back about to walk to get my son from school. It's only 10 minutes each way. But, it's down a hill. You know what that means??!! It's up the hill on the way back. Talk about working that back side. LOL
  • renae77
    Options
    I'm back about to walk to get my son from school. It's only 10 minutes each way. But, it's down a hill. You know what that means??!! It's up the hill on the way back. Talk about working that back side. LOL

Work it girl!!! Make that booty shake!! Have a good trip!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I worked it!! I'm still puffing and I've been home for a lil over 5 minutes. Not puff dying, just still feeling it puff. I'm going to be picking him up every day now so that will add to my exercise. I should be one sexy momma by summer. Living in the desert like I do, that would be nice. Wearing capri's every summer has been so hot the last couple of years. I can't wait to be in shorts and tank tops and not worry about my "fat". Yeah!! Six months to work out and take care of my body for once. I'm excited about the changes I'm making. I improved my mile on the gazelle by 1 minute and 30 sec in the last two weeks. I'm going to push it today and see how much more time I can take off my time. How is everyone else doing?
  • renae77
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You are definately working it chick!! Yay for us!!! How did you lose 14 pounds? I am stuck at 8 for the past 3 days now! Uugghh!!!! :grumble: Good for you!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Renae, I didn't mean for you to take my earlier comment the wrong way - I just thought those might be reasons why not as many people were participating. It's great to motivate each other and that's why I'm going to do the jumping jacks etc during commercials. I just know myself and could never keep up with many of the other texercise challenges, but that's fine. As someone said, we just each do what we can. Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings - certainly didn't mean to. We can all use help and motivation! I'm off to watch TV and then drag myself out of my comfy chair at every commercial and try to repair the damage from my dh's delicious and fattening chicken pot pie dinner.
    Great challenge!!
    Go Purple!!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You are definately working it chick!! Yay for us!!! How did you lose 14 pounds? I am stuck at 8 for the past 3 days now! Uugghh!!!! :grumble: Good for you!
    On veterans day I had my wisdom teeth out.:cry: I lost 11 pounds in that week and 1/2. But, then when I could eat I gained 6 pounds of it back. :grumble: So that is how I lost the first 5. Then I lost the other 9 by watching what I eat and moving more than I eat! I hit a plateau until now from Dec 16. I learned to eat my calories from exercise and lost 2 pounds this week. They are accurate about eating exercise calories. I didn't do it for 3 weeks and didn't lose anything. I listen and 2 pounds off the first week. I believe in the system!!:bigsmile:
  • renae77
    Options
    Good for you girl! I am listening to all they say!! I feel like this is the only way I keep myself going!!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    ok so I didn't get my mile down to 12 minutes. But, I did shave 30 sec off. I got it to 12:30. by next weigh in I'll have it down to 12. So I just 20 minutes on my gazelle.