NYBNY Challenge week 10 results week 11 chat closed group

Options
1235»

Replies

• KelieHerrera
    Options
    I'm tempted to sign up for a 5K in January too, but I don't think I'm going to have enough training opportunities. So my reward when I hit 150 (which I hope to by spring) is to sign up for something good then and start training. :)

Sign up!!! Do it!!! I did a 5k obstacle course on October 1st. I was not ready in any way, shape or form- it took me an hour and 15 minutes to complete it. But I felt soooo good and proud of myself afterward. Don't wait. Go for it!

The problem is that winters here are brutal, so I don't want to train or race then. :( I get my home gym back in a few weeks, so we'll see how it goes!

I grew up in Alaska, I feel your pain.
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am the newest memeber of Team Abnehmen -adamkat aka Kathy. I am quite new to the boards so I have lots of learning to do on how to maneuver around but all in time. I am so excited to be part of a challenge and to be a New me by the New Year for sure!! I turn 40 on December 28th so my goal to to be the best I can be and a hot 40 instead of a so-so 40.
    Thanks to my team captain gwynnehamer for taking me in and whoo-hoo here we go!!!!!!!!
    Also I got 130 oz of water in yesterday. :happy:
  • emallyne
    Options
    Sharing a recipe, Jambalaya from my taste of home comfort food diet cookbook. Low in calories and fills you up. 1 cup equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein, Diabetic exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.

1 pound smoked polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
    1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
    1 can 914-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
    2 celery ribs, chopped
    1/2 cup tomato paste
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
    1 -1/2 teaspoons dried basil
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and devined
    2 cups cooked rice

In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
    Stir in shrimp and rice. cover and cook 15 minut4es longer or until heated through.

Yield : 12 servings.