This really TICKS ME OFF.

Options
So I generally do clothes shopping at the Salvation Army. I have a toddler who outgrows a size a month so there's no sense in spending a ton of money on clothes for him. And I don't want to spend much money on clothes during my weight loss.

Anyway, I have to shop the plus size section. Grr. And you know what? Their plus size section starts at SIZE 10 (US sizes). 10 is not plus size!! Not even close.

Who the heck thinks size 10 is plus size?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Plus size models are usually size 8.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'd hate to see what makes you really mad.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'd hate to see what makes you really mad.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    ooh, that ticks me off, too. I'm a 12 or 14 (US) and don't consider myself to be plus-size. I hate when stores start the plus size section at anything smaller than 16. But only because usually the plus-size options just aren't as cute as the other clothes. :grumble:
  • nikki91950
    Options
    that's total crap. plus sizes should be like 16 or 18 and up >.<
  • turlykerd1
    turlykerd1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    midgets ??
  • jstrick2527
    jstrick2527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well at mine SA they mixed all the clothes together so I quit shopping there. So be thankful yours are still seperated. I used toget hte best Halloween costumes there. =)
  • Suzannemvw
    Suzannemvw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love your vanity goal! Can I steal it, or share in it? :) Lady riders who are strong and sexy. Love it. Go for it!
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't consider 10 to be a plus size at all!! I'm a size 20 right now and I'm a plus size. I wanna get down to a 12 and I sure as heck wont consider myself a plus size then!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Plus size is 14+.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Plus size models are usually size 8.

if this is true, it's ridiculous!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love your vanity goal! Can I steal it, or share in it? :) Lady riders who are strong and sexy. Love it. Go for it!

Definitely!:drinker:
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Plus size is 14+.

you look amazing :D
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    A US size 10 is a UK size 14.
    We would consider this to be rather large in England..
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Ticks me off, too...and I AM a plus-size (16-18)
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That just doesnt seem right, a 10 is still small in my opinion not a plus size at all. I am in 18s now and know that its plus size so I would love to be as small as a 10 lol.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A US size 10 is a UK size 14.
    We would consider this to be rather large in England..

I have known more than one person who is quite thin and wears a size 10.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a funny story. A friend of mine shopped at Lane Bryant for some unknown reason and the shirt she bought was too big so she returned it. She asked the clerk whey they didn't carry size 10. She said they glared at her and said that it was a plus-size store, so she told them, "Well, gosh, 10 is double digits! That's plus size!" I can only imagine how much they wanted to throttle her. :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I am almost 6 feet tall with broad shoulders and hips. Even at my ideal weight, I could never be a 10. I would literally have to be anorexic skinny to be a 10, and to be an 8 I am pretty sure I would have to have some pieces of my hip bones removed. It would be nice if the fashion industry were a little more realistic about the standards of the female body. This is what destroys a woman's body image and causes them to lose all hope of ever having a healthy body. My eight year old thinks she is fat because she has to where size 14 and 16 to get clothes that fit in the waist. She has the same body type as me and I am trying to explain to her that she is carrying that extra body mass now because she will need it when she hits her puberty growth spurts. Its difficult as a mother to combat society's warped sense of idealism.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thats just wrong!!!! Someone in a size 10 would not be over weight..maybe if you were 3inches high...............Size 16 and up as far as i am concerned is a plus size....thats why so many ppl feel bad about themselves and feel like they almost need to starve themselves to look right or fit in with our society....if your a healthy weight for your height, then good for you and feel good about yourself.....ppl dont need to be walking around pencil thin, and thats what ppl are made to feel.