Sixers Love Yourself Challenge - Week 2

Options

Replies

• strawberryblonde1
    Options
    Morning Ladies. the BF drove down to see me last night with the puppy :bigsmile: he braved the snow just for me:heart::heart: :heart: I love that I have a great relationship...:love: anyways... this weekend... i have to bring the pup to his second to last puppy shot apt. then I have to go to a memorial service :frown: after what I am sure will be a difficult saturday i am going to relax and get some work done. and TRY TRY TRY to stay on track... it is so hard when i go to the BF's parents house ... any advice?:flowerforyou: Have a great, HEALTHY day!!!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey ladies..

Just wanted to do a quick check in.

Despite the outrageous number on the scale Tuesday, I have been busting my butt at the gym and watching what I eat and getting my water in.. TOM isnt over, but I have already dropped down to 170.4lbs as of this morning..I am SO happy!

I did weights, and an hour long step class yesterday and then did the treadmill for 30 min and then did some lunges and squats with free weights..My body is so sore today ..especially my booty and quads. Its a good sore, I love it :tongue: Today I am going to go easier and just do the elliptical for 30-60 min..maybe more lunges and squats but not sure yet.

So I will check in tomorrow and hope the 170.4 will stick or even hopefully maybe (crossing fingers) I can be below 170lbs...even if it is 169.8 I will take it :happy: That would be a huge motivator for my weekend!!!

Okay ladies, I will have time tomorrow evening so Ill do the personals then..

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Cathy, great advice! How are things today?

AmyLou, that's COLD! That's how things were in my hometown but I sure don't miss it :noway: Good for you for taking action with the candies. My two downfalls are chocolate hedgehogs (they're these hazelnut chocolates) and peanut m&ms. Good that your family is supportive!

Becky, that's great that you're feeling really able to stay on track. Good for you! And keep WARM!

SBB, good luck over the weekend. Have you talked to your bf about how important it is to you to be on this journey? Sometimes they don't realize that they can have a HUGE impact on your resolve. Even if you can resist the temptation of something they're having at the time it can really make you crave it or binge at a later point because of having felt deprived. If you've talked to him and he still isn't willing to make some adjustments just when you're there (which really doesn't seem like so much to ask, I think) then just remind yourself of how you feel AFTER you've had something you wish you hadn't. Good luck!

Robin, Katy, Lauryn, Tamm, Amy... don't let this lurking business become habit! We want you here good bad or ugly! That applies more to some of you than others :wink: Just remember, the fact that you're not feeling like talking means you probably need to talk about something!! We're here :heart:

Kristin, Deb, Shanell, GOOD MORNING! I hope the day brings brilliant things your way!

:heart: My love for today is that I never slack off during my workouts. If I'm there, I'm there 110%. :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Katy! Excellent :happy: And good for you for busting your butt! I checked in today too and was delighted to see 169.2 :bigsmile: May both our Thursday weigh-ins stick or improve for tomorrow!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    hey all, i see many of you here today. just glanced through posts, have someone on her way here to deliver my marykay.
    DH had to wait until this morning to do his pee test. he is sleeping now. he was up all night. i sure he might be a little sore when he wakes up. one of his coworkers is going out with him tonight to get the jobs done he missed last night. he was turn left out of our subdivision and didn't see this big bronco truck. (he swears he didn't have any lights on, he had already waited for other traffic to go by) anyway he didn't see him until he hit him (in the pass rear over tire) i think since the driver is only 17 he got scared and turned his wheel and that is why he spun around. they took him by ambulance. cop said he was fine, just precaution. i think mom & dad may had said something. since DH was driving a company truck. anyways everyone is fine and we shall see what happens next.

my blood test this moring was something else. had to be poked 4 times to get a good vain. this test checks some of the hormone levels and for cushings. which is a type of tumer on the adrinal gland. won't know results until next month.

well, she's here and i am pooped. taking a nap on the couch after she leaves.

later.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Robin, Katy, Lauryn, Tamm, Amy... don't let this lurking business become habit! We want you here good bad or ugly! That applies more to some of you than others :wink: Just remember, the fact that you're not feeling like talking means you probably need to talk about something!! We're here :heart:

:laugh: I got called out (correctly) for being a lurker!
    I'll try to post later. I feel guilty posting about myself without posting to my fellow Sixers. It's all about the Sixer :heart: .
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. Quick check in. Feeling kinda under the weather today. Been working and trying to keep busy though. May actually leave work a little early. We shall see.

Today I LOVE that I can find the positive in everyone! I totally believe that each person has there own good qualities, and even if they sometimes make me mad, I remember that it is only one aspect of who they are and that there are several others that make them a wonderful being!

Anyways...have a good afternoon! I'll talk to y'all later!
  • PedalHound
    Options

:laugh: I got called out (correctly) for being a lurker!
    I'll try to post later. I feel guilty posting about myself without posting to my fellow Sixers. It's all about the Sixer :heart: .

HAH! :tongue: Well, sometimes you just need to talk. We know you love us :wink: Comments to others or lack thereof do not make or break your state of welcome here and you know it! *hugs*!

Kristin, be well! I think that's a great quality you have too!!

In other news, my vacuum broke today :grumble: When my hand blender broke it was a bummer but we just replaced it. For some reason though I have a bit of resentment toward the fact that I have to spend money on something whose only purpose is to help me clean :laugh:

Later gaters!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    hey ladies. thanks for the advice pedal...:flowerforyou: he is totally willing to help me out, it is just when we go to his parent's house for the weekend... and his mom cooks all this good food (yum) and she even makes mashed potatoes just for me... I always feel sooo bad /rude saying no, or going to buy my own "healthy" food... like there food isn't good enough for me or something... ya know?:grumble: but i am going to stick to small portions and fill up on greens!:happy:

ps. I agree it's never fun to spend money on things like that...especially cleaning related!

to all you ladies braving the cold... stay warm!!! (hopefully you exercise indoors unlike me:noway: ... it is going to be a chilllly run today after work...):happy:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All, hope you have had a fabulous day. I read all the new posts earlier, but forgive me for not addressing specifics at the moment. I just got back from the YMCA and I am so excited. I didn't work out particularly hard, but since I haven't really been working out, I started off fairly light. With my ankle, I can't take any chances. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, 100 crunches, and a half mile around the track, mostly walking at a brisk pace, but jogged one lap. I feel great!

My meals for today:

B-12 oz. cappucino
    special K bar-blueberry

Snacks: 1 C homemade chex mix
    3 dilly pretzels

L- Snack pack of cheese peanut butter sandwich crackers

haven't had dinner yet, but will post when I have it.

My :heart: for today: I :heart: that I told myself I was going to be on that treadmill for 30 minutes and I did it, plus a 5 minute cool down. Hope you are all FABULOUS!!!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good evening. I am here. Yes, I am one of the lurkers. I am having a hard time. Last month I started watching a baby 3 times per week to help with the income in our household. My husband and I own a construction company which he really runs and I just run errands for him when needed. As we all know, times are tough. We are not to spare in the financial crisis. Well, I am not liking watching this baby. She is 5 mths old and demands a great deal of my attention as would any 5 mth old. It is a sacrifice for not only me but my 5 yr old who is only in school 1/2 the day. It is wearing on me. I will get past it but it is what has me in a funk. It also has me home alot more which I am finding myself snacking more. I have been a faithful gym go'er but if the food isnt matching up then that just doesnt matter. I will rise above this in time but time is not something I can afford in the loosing weight department.

Food today was not too bad but I think it was too much. I am off to the gym tonight with my SIL. Plan to do 45 min of eliptical and then lunges and squats when I get home while watching my 2 favorite shows on TV.

Thanks for listening, you guys are great!

My :heart: myself for the day is that I love the kids that I helped create ! They are wonderful human beings and I dont know what I would do without them
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    pdxmomof2, don't beat yourself up too much, you have recognized the problem you are having and I am confident you can turn it around. Good luck with the way you feel about looking after the baby. I pray you find a happy balance.

Ok, here to post my dinner, I had a 6" buffalo chicken sub with Sun Chips (510 calories). I bought the footlong and was very tempted to have the second half, but I wrapped it instead and placed it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, and that is another :heart: for today! Good night, ladies!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Amy, sounds like you're carrying a big load :flowerforyou: Just keep on taking life one day at a time and hopefully you can find a peaceful balance!

Katie, :drinker: Yay you for stashing the second half of your sandwich for tomorrow!!! That is ALWAYS a tough one.

SBB, I must have missed the part about it being with his family. Yes, that's a rough one. And since so many people use food as part of their love language it can be really tough to honour yourself AND respect the feelings of those who care for you. Can you try something like this: Eat the foods offered that are actually healthy and within your plan, do something like offer to bring a side dish and make a healthy one so there's even more to eat, and when it comes to something like the potatoes she makes just for you can you say something like "it was SO nice of you to make those for me! Can I bring some home to enjoy? My appetite isn't the best today and I really want to savour them." Then let your BF keep them when you take them home? And perhaps at another time when food isn't an immediate issue you can mention that you've been making some little changes that are making a big difference in your lifestyle. You can even say something like "and that means I'll have to be EXTRA careful with my portions with those great potatoes you make for me!". This can help plant the seeds that will allow her to consider for herself what might be a considerate move when you'll be eating there since you'd spent the time being considerate of her gesture that comes from love. Did any of that make sense?? :laugh:

I'm interested to see what the scale says for me tomorrow just because I've continued to do very well and by all logic I should be at least hanging on to today's number. We shall see!
    Here are tomorrow's meals:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. weight watchers whole wheat tortilla w/3 scrambled egg whites, 1/4 cup black beans, alfalfa sprouts, low-sodium organic salsa & skim milk cheese
    3. 1 slice Ezekiel sodium-free toast w/ 1.5 tbsp almond butter & 1 gala apple sliced on top
    4. organic turkey burger on Ezekiel sodium-free bread w/ mustard, relish & salsa plus vegetables on top - probably spinach, tomato, maybe bell pepper?
    5. Blueberry vanilla protein smoothie

I would like to add in some munchies in there like maybe some vegetables but I'm not sure what I'm going to buy at the store. I plan on filling in the time slots between the above meals w/ some cups of tea (I bought 5 new kinds last week and have been enjoying a great variety during the day!) and raw veggies maybe with a little hummus.

Usually I would do a bosu class Friday but we must go immediately after my husband's work to pick up Ava from her friend's house as they have supper plans.

There seems to be a bit of a rain cloud looming over this group right now. A lot of challenges and difficulties going around but try to remember that EVERYTHING seems easier and more positive when your body is healthy and happy and you feel proud of the choices you're making for yourself. Just food for thought :wink: :flowerforyou: :heart:

Good night friends! :bigsmile:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Okay quick check in then Ill be back later-

My Friday weigh in is at : 171.4lbs

Up a lb from yesterday, but I did have chinese last night :blushing: So probably some water retention from all the msg and such. Hit the gym yesterday for 65 minutes and it felt good. Today going again and doing weights. Even though Im up a pound from yesterday, I am STILL down from Tueday's check in. I went ahead and changed my ticker and all that sooo :happy:

Okay gotta go get dressed and ready for classes..

Have a great day everyone!!

STAY WARM!!!!!

:heart:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi ladies!!

Quick check for now, I'm at 153 today so up 1.6 from Tuesday! :mad:

yuck!!! Will get a good workout in today but this morning I am joining a friend who I have not seen in a while to help her do some planning and running around for her wedding in May. It's exciting but it makes me sad that I probably won't see her again until her wedding in may once I go back to MO. She lives about 9 hours away as well so she doesn't get home very often either.

Check back in later!!!!
    :heart:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I don't mean to be a lurker, but what I'm finding is that I pop on to log my food, and then I pop on to do a couple of the fun threads, with a promise to myself that I'll come on here and post later in the evening, and then I never do! I'm actually doing quite well on staying within my limits, and although the gym allergy has still got a hold on me (only went once this week) I have substituted some time on the wii fit a couple of days.

That being said, I'm down to 190 even these last couple of days, so down a pound and a half from Tuesday even. I guess bumping up my calories this week was a good thing to do!

Amylou, my bff moved this summer, and I've only seen her twice since June (both times for only a few hours, as her family demands a lot of time when she comes home to visit). I can feel your pain :cry:

Katy... Betcha that chinese was yummy though!

Rhiannon, thanks for the kick in the butt and dragging me back on here! I feel ya on the vacuum. Ours looks like it's been through a war (kids have vacuuming as a chore) because it's been dropped down stairs, the plastic cover for the attachments is only half there, who knows when and where the other half came off, it usually smells bad.... all kinds of things wrong with it. I want a Dyson Animal, but until this one completely kicks the bucket, we're stuck with it.

KGE, good for you for putting the second half away. I always have a hard time doing that when something tastes good. Looking back over your menu though, it looks like a lot of carbs and sodium. Are you getting in well balanced meals? We want you to be healthy! (Kristin said the same thing to me when I first joined the sixers... That I was eating a lot of prepackaged meals... She had a point!)

Amy, know that you can always post how you're feeling on here. Thanks for sharing with us what is going on with you right now. Like others have said, now that you know where these feelings are coming from, it'll get easier to deal with them.

Strawberry, what about having your boyfriend let his parents know how hard you've been working? I'm sure if they knew that you were trying to make better choices they would be on board too. Perhaps one morning, while you're in the ladies room beautifying, he's in the kitchen with mom... "You know Mom, I'm so proud of Strawberry, she's really putting forth so much effort to change.... and so on"

Kristin, finding something positive in everyone is hard. My hubby just shakes his head at me sometimes, because I (after years of working in retail) generally believe the worst in people. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, I'm right... but it's still not a nice way of looking at the world. Maybe I should work on that :laugh:

Today, I love the fact that I volunteer at the kids' schools for many different things. Yesterday (if school hadn't been cancelled) I would have read to classes in the library. Today, I would (again, if school hadn't been cancelled) I would have sold lunch and milk tickets in the morning. Tomorrow, I am volunteering to run the scoring computers at the swim meet. Same thing next weekend, although I'm a timer for that one. Volunteering is one way I make up for my cynical attitude towards people...
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    hey ladies. (once again thanks for all the great advice pedal) ... i am in abit of a rush... so no time to chit chat, just wanted to say hello / good bye for the weekend... !!! stay motivated ladies!!!! :bigsmile:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    thanks bunny. good idea!!! bye again!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    YAY! I'm happy to report that I get to keep my ticker adjustment that I decided to do yesterday and I have a glimmer of hope that I may actually remain in the 160's now! Sheesh... I've been bouncing between 169 and 171 for 7 weeks now :ohwell: But I'm quite determined to get over this hurdle.

Just a quick check-in! More later on :bigsmile:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello. Just wanted to give a quick shout at lunch time. I have been really moody since yesterday, and now I am finally realizing that I want to munch when I'm in a bad mood. Funny, never realized that before. I did good all day till I got home and made dinner. Then I had 2 servings of it. Then DH was looking at the Cold Stone Creamery (ice cream place) menu, and I was like YES!!! I told him that I was in a foul mood and wanted some and didn't care. He said then in that case NO! He is so sweet sometimes. Today, I still have the munchies, but I haven't been in the office and don't have anything in here to eat anyway, plus no money for the machines. Hopefully I can get through the night. I get this way the week before TOM, so I try to prep myself a little, but still splurge a little too.

I did weigh in this morning and am still the same as I was on Tues. :smile:

Love is: I love that I am finally figuring out my trigers a little bit at a time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and weekend. And don't forget to keep warm.