Your most embarrassing moment?

Options

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,401 Member
    Options
    Our first house was a little bungalow style place. The bathroom was off the kitchen and the door directly faced the back door of the house.

I was 8 months pregnant with our first daughter and was just finishing my shower. I wrapped in a towel which didn't cover much of anything, stepped out of the bathroom to find my DH's best friend standing in the back door :blushing:

Flash forward two years, and the babe in my tummy in now a toddler. Again, stepping out of the bathrom, freshly showered. No towel this time, as it is just the little one and I at home. WRONG! DH and the SAME friend are walking in the back door.

My hubby just shook his head and they walked out of the house.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    a few years ago, i was in the mall with my (ex)boyfriend. we were walking around and there was a jewelry store on the corner. he said 'are those diamonds big enough for you?'. i looked and they had 3 huge 'diamonds' on display to show the different kinds of cuts. being curious and not knowing jack about diamond cuts, i went to get a closer look. one of the cuts intrigued me so i leaned in to get a closer look then - BAM! - i smacked my forehead on the glass window the display was behind! i was so embarrassed i just stood next to the window holding my throbbing head laughing hysterically. when my bf came over to me he had to walk me out. when i walked by the store, everyone inside was pointing to me and their heads asking if i was ok.

yea, im a dork.

Don`t feel bad,more then once I have walked straight into a sliding glass door (last year at the golf course carrying some beers was the latest).

no way! that was you??? lol! :laugh:

It was a source of great amusement for the rest of the year too.:ohwell:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    a few years ago, i was in the mall with my (ex)boyfriend. we were walking around and there was a jewelry store on the corner. he said 'are those diamonds big enough for you?'. i looked and they had 3 huge 'diamonds' on display to show the different kinds of cuts. being curious and not knowing jack about diamond cuts, i went to get a closer look. one of the cuts intrigued me so i leaned in to get a closer look then - BAM! - i smacked my forehead on the glass window the display was behind! i was so embarrassed i just stood next to the window holding my throbbing head laughing hysterically. when my bf came over to me he had to walk me out. when i walked by the store, everyone inside was pointing to me and their heads asking if i was ok.

yea, im a dork.

Don`t feel bad,more then once I have walked straight into a sliding glass door (last year at the golf course carrying some beers was the latest).

unfortunately, i have hundreds of embarrassing stories...its part of my character i suppose.
  • Carl01
    Options

yea, im a dork.

unfortunately, i have hundreds of embarrassing stories...its part of my character i suppose.

For all of last year after that whenever I was walking towards that same door which led to an outdoor deck I made a big show of making sure it was open.
    It makes for a long life if you can`t laugh at yourself.:drinker:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I walked out ot the restroom once at work with my skirt tucked into my underwear in the back. Never did hear the end of that.:blushing: :blushing:
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    1)When I was a child I always got lost in the stores on purpose and once I mistook a lady for my mom. She looked like her from behind I grabbed her hand and said "mom i want to go now". She just looked at me weird and I fled :embarassed:

2)My mom used to clean at this ladies house and I always had to go with her to help after school because we didn't have a baby sitter. The house was always dirty and full of roaches and I hated going there. One day the house owners where in their bedroom watching TV while we cleaned the kitchen. I though we where safe to talk so I started complaining and talking to my mom about how dirty and disgusting the house was and why didn't they cleaned it themselves. I also mentioned that it was full of disgusting roaches and that the people where nasty pigs for living like this, all while my mom was cleaning away . Little did I know the house owners were hearing me! The lady came out right in the middle of my conversation and gave me this look and said "Yes I know. I heard all the things you said". They both gave me dirty looks too. I was mortified. Later I found out there was a hole where the door knob was supposed to go because they had taken it out to fix it. .:embarassed: I never did that again..
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I though we where safe to talk so I started complaining and talking to my mom about how dirty and disgusting the house was and why didn't they cleaned it themselves. I also mentioned that it was full of disgusting roaches and that the people where nasty pigs for living like this, all while my mom was cleaning away .

I think I would have done the same thing.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I set off one summer to see the world. So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a golf course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. But what made it embarrassing for me is that my pants were around my ankles the whole time.

Max did you recite this from memory? Or did you have to go dig out your BetaMax copy of caddy shack to remember the words?

"I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days. "
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay mine was last week! I was at the mall with my mom and sister! We were looking through the glass window at some kid clothes and I was talking my head off like normal not paying attention and walked full force into the glass window. I hit hard and had a red spot on my head for awhile, and of course everyone happened to be looking when it happened. I was ready to crawl under a rock and die! I know my fmaily will never let me hear the end of it.
  • Carl01
    Options
    Okay mine was last week! I was at the mall with my mom and sister! We were looking through the glass window at some kid clothes and I was talking my head off like normal not paying attention and walked full force into the glass window. I hit hard and had a red spot on my head for awhile, and of course everyone happened to be looking when it happened. I was ready to crawl under a rock and die! I know my fmaily will never let me hear the end of it.

Another person that walks into a glass door or window! :drinker:

No longer am I alone. :embarassed:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I worked my way through school as a night delivery girl. So one day I'm going to this office building with a glass front. I walk right into the wall, thinking it was an open door. Smooshed the food and the drink spilled all down my clothes. The guy in the office was laughing so hard he tipped me $20 on a $5 meal.

Also, when my youngest was about 3 months old, I was in line at a convenience store, staring longingly at the Milky Way display beside me. The guy behind me says, Go ahead, the baby wants what it wants. And I said "yes it does" and grabbed 2 of em.
  • AllenMom4
    Options
    Nope ur not alone!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Not sure if this was my most embarrassing, but it's the most recent. Thursday night at church I walked in the door slipped on the wet tile and went crashing down. Of course there were people all around. I hit so hard my glasses flew off. And yes, I was wearing a skirt, I've asked if anyone saw anything they shouldn't have, they all said no. But they may be trying to be nice it all happened so fast I'm not sure how I landed. My skirt could have went straight in the air for all I know. I have the big hole in my panty hose and bruise on my knee to show for it!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    not really embarrassing but there was this time I had my picture taking with just a book in front on me.
  • AllenMom4
    Options
    lol! Just a book! Can I see :laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    Ummm that would have to be today. I was working in the lab and I just blacked out and hit the floor. :blushing: Now that is embarrassing!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Ummm that would have to be today. I was working in the lab and I just blacked out and hit the floor. :blushing: Now that is embarrassing!!!

I hope you aren't hurt....and if you faint again you should go and see your doctor just to make sure that you are OK.
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    When I was about 10 yrs. old, I smashed my finger in a window at church. I went to run water on it in the bathroom. Fortunately my dad saw me and followed me to the bathroom to make sure I was okay. I ended up passing out in the bathroom, so my dad carried me outside for some fresh air. I came to with my dress up to my waist and my panties blowing in the breeze with a bunch of the deacons standing around asking if I was okay. I was so embarassed I just wanted to pass out again.
    :embarassed:
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Here goes...

When I was a senior in high school I was trying on dresses at Nordstrom’s for the prom. One was very long on me and I wanted to go grab a pair of shoes that I had on hold in the shoe department to try the dress on with. So, I leave the dressing room and head out of the department and down the escalator. Everything seems fine until I reach the bottom of the escalator when I try to step off and the dress doesn't move. Turns out the dress is stuck in the escalator and is slowly being pulled off of me. My mom was there, and bless her, was panicked that somehow I'd magically get eaten by the escalator so she starts trying to pull the dress off of me too. Unfortunately for me the dress wasn't structured and was a spaghetti strap pull-on with no zippers, so it actually is coming off of me. By the time the maintenance man stops the escalator the dress is halfway down my body and I am covering my top half with my mom's cardigan. Fantastic. Turns out that the escalators were maintained just earlier that day and the company forgot to put the 'protective stopper' (aka: plastic yellow thing) back on the bottom of the stairs (which is supposed to help stop things like this from happening...). So a clerk cut off the bottom of the dress that was stuck so that I could hold the rest of it around me like a skirt on the way back to my clothes. Oh, and of course on my way back to my dressing room I ran into my prom date picking out a tie. Really, it was a day to remember.

The only bright spot was that Nordstrom’s let me have whatever dress I wanted complimentary because of the 'incident'.... of course that meant I picked out a $900 dress....and not surprisingly, that did make me feel better.