Replies

• dlegrande4
    Options
    154.0 lost 1lb s far
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I had my daughter’s birthday party last night, it was really fun. I had it at a jump house place and I jumped for at least an hour. I figured I could burn calories and have fun with the kiddos. Kids loved it, mine didn’t want me and just ran to play but the other kids kept wanting me to go here, go there, and hold their hands down the slides, ect. The other moms looked at me like I was crazy, but I think they were just a bit jealous that I was the "cool mom” playing instead of just standing around! I ate WAY too much cake, but only had one slice of pizza and like I said jumped it off and tried to move the whole time.

Then today I had my first “staff boot camp” at work. It was a ton of work to organize but everyone had a great time sweating together and I think it was a big success. Not sure how much I burned off today but I am getting right back on track as far as eating so I don’t think I’ll have any issues from the cake on the scale this week.

Oh and one of my students brought me homemade beignets today. HOMEMADE! And still warm, but I didn’t even touch one! I gave them to the tech guys, now they love me and I love me also (for not eating any).

Hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Cheers,
    Jenn
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm in, even tho you already started..lol. I will start with my current weight and see if I can lose this 5. I have to weigh again tomorrow, so I will know then if I am on the right track stil. Yay, what fun!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    Options
    Sorry for posting late i was on a weekend trip away, where i didnt count a single calorie and somehow my weight hasnt changed!
    So im sad not to lose but happy i didnt gain!

Oct: 1st = 172 - still!! (i've been here for 3 weeks!!) arrggh!
    Oct. 8th = 172 - for my 4th week - but i really should of gained!
    Oct 15th =
    Oct 22nd =
    Oct 29th =

So here's to this week - i have a new exercise routine to help me so hopefully i will lose this week!!!!

When my body does that, I shake it up a little by confusing my metabolism. Just completely BLOW it, with no regrets and little control for one day and then get back on track the next day. Seems to work for me.
  • famumom
    famumom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just joined yesterday. Sorry for being late, but I want to get in on this challenge as well:

Oct. 2-154.8
    Oct 9-154.4 (went away for the weekend...YUM!
    Oct 16-
    Oct 23-
    Oct 30-

I'm recharging up.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    10/1 - 209 Pounds
    10/8 - 210 Pounds

:grumble: Not really the direction I was hoping to go! Now I have to lose 6 pounds in October (hopefully more). BUT I can do this!!! We all can do this!!! Keep up the good work everyone! And if you aren't doing so well (like me), tomorrow is a new day!! :bigsmile:
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    I've been exercising and being below my calories for the past 1 1/2 weeks but today it all fell apart. No exercise and above my calories. Also didn't drink my water. Trying not to beat myself up about this and take a new day tomorrow.
  • tiggerbounce411
    Options
    WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO 3 pounds down as of this morning, YA!!!!!
  • tiggerbounce411
    Options
    Here I will put it this way so we can all help each other keep track.
    Oct.1- 189.6
    Oct 13- 186.6 (TOM came so I waited 2 weeks to weigh just in case..lol
    Oct 20-
    Oct 27-
    Let's see how much I can get rid of for Halloween, yay!!!! We can do this!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I wanted to up date you all that I am so sore today! :sick: In a good way though! My arms are killing me but that just means that my boot camp yesterday did what it was meant to do. I'm happy to also report that even though I really wanted left over birthday cake last night, I served up slices for my kids and then put it right back in the fridge. :love: So yay!

This newletter I read this morning spoke to me, and I know a few of us have the issue of gain lose, gain lose... so I'm going to share the link. Enjoy

http://caloriecount.about.com/breaking-cycle-gaining-losing-b535239?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_20111013&utm_term=continue1
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    My start weight is

SW Oct 1: 61.1kg (134.7lb)
    Oct 6: 60kg (132.2lb)
    Oct 14: 59.9kg(132.05lb)

GW 59kg (129.7lb)
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I will be posting my weight tomorrow, as I have no access to scales this weekend :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my Saturday weigh in, and officially moving my weight marker on my scale. Woohoo!
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oct 1: 152 lbs
    Oct 6: 151 lbs
    Oct 14: 150 lbs (total of 2 lbs lost for the October Challenge)
    hopefully I can hit 5lbs by the end of this month but it seems like my weightloss is getting slower. See y'all on next weeks weigh in!
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oct. 2-174
    Oct 9-173.4
    Oct 16-
    Oct 23-
    Oct 30-

I worked out every day this week (haven't yet today) and been really good with my eating. I am guessing I had a good week?
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    SW Oct 1st: 195
    Oct 7th: 192.6
    Oct 14th: 193.2
    Oct 21st:
    Oct 28th:
    Oct 31st:

Not too horrible considering lots of salt, it's TOM, and I've been sick all week. Win some, lose some :)
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Here's another tip...

9 Energy Boosters
    By Kristyn Kusek

Tip 3 of 9: Get an Energy Boost From Deep Breathing

Shallow breathing prevents the body from getting enough oxygen. Many people fail to breathe deeply when they feel tense, which is one reason they may feel zapped at the end of a stress-filled day. “The general principles of correct breathing are to make it deeper, slower, quieter, and more regular,” says Weil. Doing so helps you force more oxygen into your cells, which slows heart rate, lowers blood pressure, and improves circulation, ultimately providing more energy.

Weil suggests you do a simple breathing exercise twice a day or whenever you feel yourself losing steam: Put the tip of your tongue against the ridge behind your upper teeth. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound. Then inhale deeply through your nose for a count of four, hold your breath for a count of seven, and exhale through your mouth for a count of eight. Repeat for a total of four breaths.
  • galaxyfun1
    Options
    I am definitely in as well :)
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I haven't been doing very well. I typically start off the day ok, but then crash and burn by either mid-afternoon or evening. I haven't been exercising, so I need to get focused this weekend. I'm getting perilously close to the 150 mark on the scale again, and need to be down to 143 to meet the 5 lb goal, and 141.5 if I want to be on track to reach my birthday goal... It's mid-month, and those numbers are seeming unrealistic already.
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Having to post this weeks result today as I have no access to scales this weekend :)

4llbs gone already! Well on my way to the 5llb target!

Oct 1: 191.2

Oct 8: 189.8

Oct-14: 187.2

Oct 22:

Oct 29:

Really hope I get some good results :)