Lets bring common sense back!!

Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Let's post a couple of common sense thoughts on here, maybe we can all learn a bit about what others consider common sense and maybe things that we do that we didn't use our common sense for. I'll start.......

If you are in the grocery store you don't park your cart in the middle of the aisle and then walk all the way to the other end of it to get something.

If there is a line at the counter, walking up and standing beside the line doesn't put you at the front of it

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    You're on a roll today! :flowerforyou:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Oh that "line" thing bothers me to no end!

How about- if you are walking down a crowded sidewalk, do not just abruptly stop to text someone on your phone. There are people walking behind you and while I would love to personally run you over, I imagine there would be some consequences for that.
  • When you're driving down the highway, and you see that there is someone trying to merge on the right and there is NO ONE in the left lane, turn on your blinker and slide over.
  • If your kid is throwing a fit in the middle of the store - don't yell at them and drag them around. Instead, leave the cart and walk out with the child(ren). They'll figure it out real quick once that happens. At least, mine did....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    Let's post a couple of common sense thoughts on here, maybe we can all learn a bit about what others consider common sense and maybe things that we do that we didn't use our common sense for. I'll start.......

If you are in the grocery store you don't park your cart in the middle of the aisle and then walk all the way to the other end of it to get something.

If there is a line at the counter, walking up and standing beside the line doesn't put you at the front of it

I LOOOATHE both of these examples. Honestly I yelled at a guy at the gas station for that just the other day.

"Listen man I'm not trying to stand in this line all day."

"No you're trying to be a selfish *kitten*. Now shut up and wait."

Working out has done wonders for my big mouth.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    If you're outside a public bathroom (as in at a Sounder train station) and the door is locked, perhaps that means someone is using it. Don't stand out there and keep trying the door handle and knocking on the door!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    When you reach the top of an escalator, please start walking. Don't stand there and plan your next move.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    If you are on an escalator on the London Underground, when you get to the top, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY OF BEFORE STOPPING PULLING OUT YOUR TOURIST MAP, YOU CRETIN!
  • fteale
    I really don't like tourists in London.
  • fteale
    When you reach the top of an escalator, please start walking. Don't stand there and plan your next move.

Snap!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    If you are in the middle of Walmart or other store dont stand in the middle of the aisle blocking it just to talk to someone else.....Move over and get out of the way!!
  • Grimmerick
    haha I am loving these.
    If you are in the fast lane, and people are piling up behind you, get past the car you wanna get past and then get the heck out of the way. Doesn't matter if you are going 2 miles an hour above the speed limit that doesn't give you the right to hang out in the fast lane
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Having two shopping carts each with 14 items doesn't mean you can go through the express lane.

and Don't eat yellow snow!
  • fteale
    Don't fill your shopping trolley with 2 for £1 multipacks of crisps just because they are cheap. Likewise lemonade.
  • Only get in line if you are finished shopping, it does not mean your friend gets to come up and piggyback her purchase behind your purchase just because you came into the store together.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Dont park like you are getting gas then go into the store....park in a parking space and dont block the pumps!
  • Grimmerick
    If you see someone push the elevator button there is really no need to push it again

oh and if it's your TOM bloating and weight gain can be expected...........girls seem to be confused about this, I thought the midol commercials had that covered but I guess not
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    If you see someone push the elevator button there is really no need to push it again
    Actually, in my building, there is. We have to select our floor and only get on the assigned elevator. There are no floor buttons in the actual elevators.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    look both ways befor walking out into the street. . . seriously didnt ur mommy ever teach u anything lol also lady leaving ur barely four year old outside in an unfenced FRONT yard by himself isnt the smartest decision u could make
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    If you get on a mostly empty bus, don't sit next to people unless you know them. If it's crowded, that's fine, sit where you can. If you sit next to someone, try to not sleep on them. :flowerforyou: