Lets bring common sense back!!

Options

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1) If your significant other is a complete *kitten* hole and you've complained about all of the mean things he/she has done to you over and over again leave him/her or stop complaining about it. Preferably both.

2) If you're in the basement of the library which is clearly labeled quiet floor and there are signs posted every five feet saying quiet floor then don't bring a group of five friends and play catch phrase down here or get on your cell phone and have a 30 minute conversation about your boyfriend.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I'm walking on the sidewalk and some jerk on a bicycle comes along behind me and gives me the stink eye because i was in his way. It's a sideWALK people! Bikes are supposed to ride on the road. - - That being said, just because you are on a bike does not mean that the rules of the road do not apply to you. You still have to stop at lights and stop signs just like everyone else.

Also, if you a riding a bike and you can't pedal your bike as fast and the speed limit on the road then don't ride your bike on the road.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    When I'm walking on the sidewalk and some jerk on a bicycle comes along behind me and gives me the stink eye because i was in his way. It's a sideWALK people! Bikes are supposed to ride on the road. - - That being said, just because you are on a bike does not mean that the rules of the road do not apply to you. You still have to stop at lights and stop signs just like everyone else.

I have noticed a lot of cyclist can be quite rude definitely not saying all are, we have a lot here in Reston, I actually had one ride by me towards me and I swear he turned his head to burp in my face. but I have had them be very rude, I just yell that their bicycle seat must be very sandy on the vagina. That usually does the trick.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I hate emails with instructions to forward them that try to lay a guilt trip on you if you decline or that make empty promises that something wonderful will happen within the next 5 minutes, or threaten that something awful will happen if you don't do as you're told. Makes me angry. If it's really good enough to forward, I take out the forwarding instructions and threats and promised before I send it on. Let people decide for themselves!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ooo I thought of another one on the way home. You don't have to put up 50 vote for me signs within a 10X10 foot space. I saw your damn name and the fact that you put up 50 signs makes me really hate you and do you think that's gonna get my vote?
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Just because you are an idiot, does not mean that I am as well. Please do not speak to me as if I am a 5th grader.

Yes, there is such thing as a stupid question. Do your research, don't just be lazy and have someone do it for you.

And last but not least, would it kill you to be polite? The cashier is not the reason you are in a terrible mood or hate your life, don't take your frustrations out on them. Show a little kindness when you are out and about, even if it isn't genuine!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    When the lane is going to end in a couple of hundred feet, don't wait until it finally ends before you jam your fat *kitten* in front of someone. Just GTFOver as soon as there's an opening for you.

Signed,
    Frogger

^^^THIS!!!!
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    and never get behind a prius or similiar looking car (honda insight) if you want to get where you are going anytime soon...oh wait does this belong on this thread...
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Most of these I agree with heartily, but some seem like 'please conform to my preferences' rather than really dumb things. People pass me in the fast lane all the time because I refuse to sit behind someone going slower than the speed limit for miles when I'm going comfortably along at slightly above the speed limit. And I don't turn right on red because I don't have to, unless I feel like it. I'm not in that big of a hurry 99% of the time.

technically no one is supposed to be in the fast lane it's a passing lane you are supposed to get in it to pass someone then get back out of it again. So you are supposed to pass that person that you don't want to sit behind and then get back over in front of them. Sorry but just because you aren't in a hurry doesn't mean someone else isn't. Pregnant and on the way to the hospital my friend got stuck behind a person like that.

Passing does not have to be at the top speed of my car. I merely was saying that if I'm passing some slow people at my speed, but you'd like to pass me even faster, that's not my problem.

ETA: I really wasn't trying to start an argument, just making my observation. Please don't take it as such.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    You do not need to swing a turning radius so wide that you nearly side swipe the car next to you just to make a simple turn at an intersection.

Parking lots were actually designed for cars so do you really need to take up 2 whole spots? This one really gets to me, I'm always tempted to key the offending vehicle, lol!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    AuntSusie:
    Dear cubicle mate,
    Just because we are seated within a few feet of each other separated only by a 5 foot fake wall doesn't mean that I need you to comment about every conversation I conduct, whether it be someone stopping by or on the phone. Can't you at least PRETEND you can't hear every key stroke and breath I take?

Thank you, signed -
    It's NUNYA BIZNESS

Why are you using the toilets/restroom as an office anyway ?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna leave your pie on a windowsill to cool, it's fair game for a pie-thief.
  • goateelocks
    Options
    If there is on-street parking available, why do you have to double park in the middle of the road?
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I have noticed a lot of cyclist can be quite rude definitely not saying all are, we have a lot here in Reston, I actually had one ride by me towards me and I swear he turned his head to burp in my face. but I have had them be very rude, I just yell that their bicycle seat must be very sandy on the vagina. That usually does the trick.

Now THAT isht is funny!!! Yes, you have made my headache filled day with this thread!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    If your kid is throwing a fit in the middle of the store - don't yell at them and drag them around. Instead, leave the cart and walk out with the child(ren). They'll figure it out real quick once that happens. At least, mine did....

Either that or you do what my girlfriends grandmother did to her. . . She kept bugging grandma because she wanted a barbie and was not getting it. . . . and kept getting louder and louder "I WANT A BARBIE" . . .So Grandma sized up the situation and proceeded to lay on the floor. . .and started kicking her feet and hands and yelling "I WANT A BARBIE" needless to say. . my friend said that she never did that again to grandma. . when grandma said no it meant NO~ lol
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Here's one: Do not be in a public place complaining, loudly, into your phone about people always being in your business...think about it, they can't help it!!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Googling your symptoms is not an ok substitute for seeing a physician.

Totally disagree. Doctors are expensive.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Let's post a couple of common sense thoughts on here, maybe we can all learn a bit about what others consider common sense and maybe things that we do that we didn't use our common sense for. I'll start.......

If you are in the grocery store you don't park your cart in the middle of the aisle and then walk all the way to the other end of it to get something.

If there is a line at the counter, walking up and standing beside the line doesn't put you at the front of it
    And put your damn carts in the cart holding areas in the parking lot. Leaving them in spaces or between cars or propped up on a divider is inconsiderate. It would also burn some extra calories.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options

Also, if you a riding a bike and you can't pedal your bike as fast and the speed limit on the road then don't ride your bike on the road.

Is this a joke?
  • Uk_Yogini
    Options
    What I think is, common sense is actually not so common :laugh: