UK to USA Food Swap

Options
13»

Replies

• jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was over in another town today at an Oktoberfest. I just happened to be wandering around and spotted a store called "All Things Bright and British". I said to myself, "Self, I bet they have Jammie Dodgers in there." And I was right! So now I don't need those. But I still am interested in trading for chips/crisps. Because cheese & onion, cheddar cheese and bacon and smoky bacon crisps sound like something I need to eat.

Also, they had Cadbury Drinking Chocolate there. Is this something I should be having? Because it sounded quite tasty.

Ahhhhhh...are you in my hometown!? I'm from La Mesa and my parents live right around the corner from "All Things Bright and British!" La Mesa has an awesome Oktoberfest, I miss it so much.

By the way, have you been here: http://www.shakespearepub.com/
    There is a shop right behind the pub. They have more of a selection than ATB&B. I know they have crisps. X
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Anyone wanna swap USA-Ireland?
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh...are you in my hometown!? I'm from La Mesa and my parents live right around the corner from "All Things Bright and British!" La Mesa has an awesome Oktoberfest, I miss it so much.

Sure was! I wasn't really impressed with their Oktoberfest though. I can make better bratwurst at home on the grill and there was nothing but vendors selling overpriced crap. I do go to La Mesa every Friday for the farmers market though. They moved it a few months ago and it's bigger now.
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    I would be happy to be a UK to USA swop buddy if anybody is interested :)