Is 5 foot, 170 ok?

Options
13»

Replies

• adventuring
    Options
    It's not really your concern, and it's certainly not ours. She's an adult, and you're only friends; let her take care of herself.

That's a little harsh. Would you care if your friend had a heart attack? I would hope you would so being concerned for someones health (even if they're NOT a friend) is a nice gesture and absolutely nothing to look down on someone for.

At that weight, she's not even morbidly obese yet, so probably not a heart attack risk. At 5'2 and 170 pounds, I was only 7 pounds into the obese category, let alone morbidly anything. I certainly didn't feel like I was about to fall over and die.

But regardless of any that, no. I don't see it as a nice gesture. I see it as someone posting about someone else's weight on the internet. I wouldn't want any of my friends commenting on my weight that way, and I certainly wouldn't want acquaintances doing it, if you're implying that's okay. As far as I'm concerned, once you're informed of the risks of something (and we all know being fat is bad for you), then barring some mental illness, your health decisions are a personal matter.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" I know the charts say that I should weigh ~130. I can tell that isn't super realistic for me. I have a target, and well we will see how I feel when I get there. Everyone is happier at a different point. If her doctors have checking out ok then that's enough. But honestly, butt out on her weight.

If you want to "help" then invite her for a walk or some other activity so you 2 can engage in some healthy habits together.