From Fiverville to Twoberland... 231 Pounds Down (with Pics)

Options
I hate posting pictures of myself. I've done it once before on this board... and I told myself the next time I'd post was when I hit the 200s. I think it's inspiring and motivating to see that this whole weight loss thing can be done... especially when you think you have such a long road ahead of you that you want to quit before you even begin. Been there... done that... for many, many years as I "die"ted my way to weighing 530 pounds at my highest. It was mortifying to me that I'd been "die"ting since the age of 7, only to weigh 530 pounds in my twenties... TWENTIES!

That's why I will ALWAYS say that DIETS DON'T WORK!! I don't care how many people come at me with the... but the HCG diet or the Atkins thing or the cabbage soup kerfuffle crap... NONE OF THEM ARE LONG TERM OPTIONS! I have been on all of those diets and pretty much anything else that came out over the years... they only served to make me fatter. I'd lose weight on the diet, but you can't sustain that kind of eating for a lifetime, so as soon as I'd go back to eating regular food, I'd put on the weight like it was donut night at the Overeater's Anonymous meeting. Don't believe the hype. Take it from someone who knows and has been there. Don't do it to yourself.

The new method. Living life... one day at a time... in moderation. NO starvation and NO restrictions! Sure, I'm a food addict and sure I'm an emotional eater, but I had to work on the whole package... and that started in my head space. Work out the demons up there first and then you'll find yourself dropping pounds without even thinking about it. I've been on this journey for about 2 years now and so far I've lost 231 pounds, finally hitting the 200s (Twoberland) for the FIRST time in my ENTIRE adult life... I'm 33 years old next month. The last time I'd seen a 2 in front of my weight I was 14 years old, weighing on my parent's bathroom scale for one of my many "die"ts. I am absolutely NOT cured of my emotional eating... absolutely NOT and probably will never be. But life is about choices... you take it one day at a time. If you mess up one day... big freaking deal. Get up and start back on it. A few bad days, weeks, months, etc., should not derail you... this is a lifestyle... NOT a "die"t! Life brings with it curves and valleys and peaks... take them in stride.

To all of you in the 3s, 4s, and 5s, etc.... Believe it can happen! BELIEVE IT! If I can do it... ANYONE can do it!

If you want to follow the rest of my journey into Onederland, check out my blog: http://www.cravingalife.wordpress.com I post 5 days a week. Humor is a must for me... so check it out and have a laugh too... usually at my expense!

Blah, blah, blah... onto the pictures... right? This is hard for me... these pictures because I'm still a big girl... I have about 120 left to go, but when you've lost 231 that ain't nothing!

The following pictures are as close to "before" as I'm gonna get... they are not me at my highest. I can't find any of those pictures because I never wanted anyone to take any and if they did I'd tear them up. This is probably around 450 or so... and were in my sister's things, thus the reason I could not tear them up! :P

weight.jpg

After... about 2 or 3 weeks ago:

IMG_2047-1.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Replies

• trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    WOW! Tremendous job!!! You look like a totally different person.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOW INDEED!!! Congratulations!!
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the life changes! You look amazing :flowerforyou:
  • ileana84
    Options
    Oh my!!!!!!!!! Girl that beautiful face of your is glowing!!! Let that smile sore girl!!! Totally an inspiration! Bless you always and you heart!
  • kdelost630
    Options
    You pictures on here are a little messed up...so I went to your blog to check it out. There aren't even words I can say to you to tell you how AWESOME you are doing! I wish I could do a jig with you! Keep it up girl! You look fantastic and should never be afraid to celebrate your accomplishments!!! GREAT FANTASTIC AMAZING WORK! :)
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!! You are BEAUTIFUL! Take more photos of yourself on your journey to ONEderland - you're gorgeous and... what a journey!!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing. Keep it up, you inspire us all!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! You are doing great & should be REALLY proud! Good job! :)
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey your doing a awesome job!!!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You are INCREDIBLE! I have a long road ahead--160 pounds to lose. You inspire me and give me hope. I've lost 23 pounds since joining MFP in August. 18 pounds to Twoberland. Can't wait to join you in Onederland. Thanks for posting.
  • abbeymichelle
    Options
    truly inspiring.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    You made me cry.... thank you for posting...you and the others are the reason I love this site.....congrats and good luck on the rest of your journey through life...
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What an incredible and inspiring journey!! Thank you for posting - you are truly amazing!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You are my new inspiration! WOW! :drinker: :smokin: :flowerforyou: :noway:
  • Jessicaallen48
    Options
    You go girl! You kicked that weights BUTT!!!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such an achievement.... you look amazing!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    JEEEEEZ. Simply amazing.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!!! You look Wonderful!!! I was around 400 in my 30's... it took me forever (so it seemed) to lose any weight and did it all the wrong ways - like you, I discovered the more dieting I did the more problems arose... until MFP. You are such a motivation!! I know the feeling about photos... hated (and frankly, still do) them. Once again... congratulations on your new found life!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Love the thoughts on "diets"...so true!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!