October Challenge – Leslie Sansone Walking Team (SWAT)

Options

Replies

• AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mid-week check in... I have liked reading what workouts everyone is using (I used to just post my miles). I already posted for Sat and Sun, so for Monday, I used the 3 Mile Super Fat Burning (from the Walk Away the Pounds series) and on Tuesday, I used the Walk Strong (from the Weight Loss Series) -- that one doesn't note the miles, but it's a 33 minute workout that alternates between walking and weights (I used 5 lb dumbbells), so I decided to list it as a one mile walk. Got home late tonight (D'Backs game --- we won!), so I did not do an official walk. Like you, Alice, I'm trying for an average of two miles per day (so I'm still on track; thank goodness for those five mile walks!)

Welcome, Dexters, Star, and MJ. Dexters, I don't know how helpful this is, but to answer your question on inches lost, I have lost 16.5 inches from my hips and 3.5 from my thighs in the past year. For the most part, I have used the Sansone tapes as my primary exercise (occasional swimming).

Ann, I saw that there were two new walks available and ordered them from Amazon. I'll let you all know what I think when I try them.

It's finally cooling down here in Phoenix (except on the baseball field!); we got rain last night and today we only had a double-digit high. :glasses:

Hope everyone is having a good week! :flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, while I have been walking every day I have been doing really bad with my food choices. I do okay until evening and then I blow it! BIG TIME!!!
    I have been really tired and it hasn't mattered if I go to bed because I just can't sleep. It will be better in a few weeks when I am laid off for the winter as I won't have to be up so early but will still be able to work out in the mornings!
    I HATE not having work, though!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Mid-week check in... I have liked reading what workouts everyone is using (I used to just post my miles). I already posted for Sat and Sun, so for Monday, I used the 3 Mile Super Fat Burning (from the Walk Away the Pounds series) and on Tuesday, I used the Walk Strong (from the Weight Loss Series) -- that one doesn't note the miles, but it's a 33 minute workout that alternates between walking and weights (I used 5 lb dumbbells), so I decided to list it as a one mile walk. Got home late tonight (D'Backs game --- we won!), so I did not do an official walk. Like you, Alice, I'm trying for an average of two miles per day (so I'm still on track; thank goodness for those five mile walks!)

Welcome, Dexters, Star, and MJ. Dexters, I don't know how helpful this is, but to answer your question on inches lost, I have lost 16.5 inches from my hips and 3.5 from my thighs in the past year. For the most part, I have used the Sansone tapes as my primary exercise (occasional swimming).

Ann, I saw that there were two new walks available and ordered them from Amazon. I'll let you all know what I think when I try them.

It's finally cooling down here in Phoenix (except on the baseball field!); we got rain last night and today we only had a double-digit high. :glasses:

Hope everyone is having a good week! :flowerforyou:

exercise.png

I love Walk Strong - haven't done it in awhile .... thanks for the reminder, maybe I will do this tonight.

5 Really Big Miles - WOW! I bet that you will like this one. Almost all of the music is new & the set is nice and bright. I will use this one a lot, but then I like resistance bands too.

My miles:
    Tue - Big Burn 2 Miles
    Wed - 1 mile at lunch (pilates later on)
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Going to bump this thread, so I can come back to it later...

Bumpity-Bump :wink:
  • mjativa
    mjativa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just checking in!

Did 3 miles of 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 2 -2 lbs weights.
    Now off to make dinner! :drinker:
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    I love walking with Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs. I just started MFP on 9/30 and right off the bat, I ran across a thread by a group doing a Walking with Leslie challenge for October. Yesterday, I saw your thread and am thrilled that it appears to be an ongoing thread/group, rather than just an October group. I would love to join your group :smile:

I started walking and recording my miles daily on Oct. 1st and my goal for the month of October is a minimum of 60 miles. If it is not too late for me to join you, I will go ahead and use the ticker I am already using for this month.
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    thanks ASChatterB and congrats on losing so many inches!
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Walked 3 miles of Leslie's 5-day Fat-Burning DVD. Cumulative total for October = 22 miles with 38 miles to go !!!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    last 2 days it was weekend on our place, could not find time for exclusive walk away challenge but i spent 1day hospital and used stairs many times and 2nd day i went for grocery shopping and was on foot for 2 hrs. im not including in challenge but Im very lathargic.

i went to hospital to get my test reports and i have been diagonosed with Vitamin D deficiency, anybody has similar problems? dr said it may be the reason for my joints pain.
  • mjativa
    Options
    checking in:
    Did 3 miles of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk DVD.
    This one logs in as walking 5.0 mph! Because you can do all 5 miles in 1 hour! ::wipes sweat off brow::
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get here the last 2 days--VERY busy! Getting ready for a political rally/march next week and it is taking a lot of my time. I also need to finish the jewelry for the charity auction and some Christmas gifts I am working on. Needless to say, I just don't always have the time to get here!
    I am still working on making healthier food choices. Not always easy when fresh produce is so high in price and you have a small freezer! Not always room for all the frozen veggies and also meat, etc. I am doing my best, though.
    Got lots of walking in the last 2 days but forgot my pedometer so I added 5 miles but I am sure it was a LOT more!
    Will try to get here to check in every morning!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    today i cant say how many miles i walked but i was on my foot for 6 hours and walking and standing and my back is sore right now!
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Walked 2 miles today.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone.

I hope you had a better weekend than I did. Although I had fun, I went crazy at Wildflower Bread Company yesterday. :sad:

Yesterday was an Ornament Premiere event at Hallmark. My local Hallmark had goodies and I didn't resist (did have the fruit, but also had a cookie and some of the peppermint bark). That wasn't so bad, but went to Wildflower Bread Company after for lunch. I had a healthy salad, but then had a cream cheese croissant (680 calories!), a cookie (310 calories), and a palmier (565 calories!); YIKES. I just couldn't stop. I didn't get home until 9pm, so didn't do a walk either. Today was a better day, and hopefully craving sweets (and carbs!) is out of my system.

On a better note, I did the Five Mile Walk It Off & Tone It Up workout today. On Friday, I was just going to kick back after a long work week, but there was a package from Amazon at the door. I told myself if it had one of the Sansone tapes I ordered, I would walk. Sure enough, the Walk at Home 1-Mile Workouts had arrived. (I also ordered the new five mile workout, but it hasn't arrived yet.) This one is a two disc set; I did the 1-Mile Jog. Some of the ones I have include the boosted walking/jogging for the two minute intervals, but this was the jogging throughout. I didn't think I would make it, but stayed with it. I think I'm going to use it once a week and try to build up my endurance to run in a 5K rather than walk it.

Constance: I like your idea of adding the weights to some of the walks that don't have weights/firm bands. Good for you!

Dexter: Were you given any dietary advice to help with the Vitamin D deficiency? Hope it's an easy fix and that you'll be doing better.

Welcome, CrackerJax!

Have a good week everyone. For those with the Columbus Day holiday, enjoy your day off!

exercise.png
  • mjativa
    Options
    i wasn't that great yesterday foodwise but I usually keep Sunday as a "cheat day" because it's always a family go out to dinner day. I walked 3 miles yesterday (5 mile fat burning walk) and 3 miles today (walk off 10 pounds).
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    I walked 5 miles w/Leslie's 5 mile Fat Burning DVD.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for awhile ....

Sun - Power Walk with Friends (2 Miles)
    Mon - AHA Start! Walking 2 Miles (freebie) from exercise TV
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    i did 3 miles power walk yesterday and 4 miles today actually my today my 4 mile dvd was not running so i worked out for 1 hour repeating the moves and modified some while watching some filmi songs :)
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Been averaging 3 miles a day. Mostly with outside walks but also using Leslie's videos. FINALLY found my 5 Day SlimDown DVD and plan on doing that later today--just not sure how much of it yet!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    4 miles today with some modied moves from hip hop abs