October Challenge – Leslie Sansone Walking Team (SWAT)

Options

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~ 3 miles
    Tuesday~2miles
    Wednesday~cold and rainy, we need every drop. Walking will be to a dvd. What to choose, what to choose?
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello Walkers!

I haven't been around for a few months, I know slacker. I am coming back to walk again. I love reading all the posts it makes realize how much I missed this group and it truely inspries to get off the couch. I will report on Monday how much I have walked and change my tracker stauts.

Thanks for still being here.

Dawn
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Walked 3 miles on October 11th and another 3 today :)
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody, I've been slack about checking in. I did 3 miles Saturday and 2 tonite. Not as much as I'd like but at least some. I've been working late but hopefully we're done with that for a while. I'll have to catch up with everyone's posts.

TTYL :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Ticking off my small mileage and quite happy to be moving. Fall, fell today cool and windy, liked those 70's and am really going to miss them. Working straight through the weekend again so will be back on line Monday. Hope you all have great healthy weekends>
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Didn't do much walking the past few days, even though I really meant to! I should make up for it tomorrow as I am attending a rally and the rules are--you have to keep walking!
    I also plan on getting some in today.

I have papers to fax to my DD in Texas (she passed the test for Dental Hygienist School) and I need to print out some papers for tomorrow.

Also need to straighten up my desk and start working on a kitty pendant I am making for the fund-raiser and also my DD and a friend at work.

Going to be a busy day!
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    10/14: Walked 5 miles w/ Leslie doing her Fat Burning Walk DVD.
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    3 miles today. i added some moves from brazillian butt lift Bum Bum workout.
  • constancemwj
    Options
    just a quick check-in to let everyone know I'm still around.
    I did 8 miles today :bigsmile: . it was a beautiful day here and I got started and couldn.t stop. but my poor acking feet tonight..... tomorrow I think I'll take the day off
    Great job everyone :)
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    20 min pilates
    45 min power walk
    30 min slow pace walk
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

I missed a mid-week check in, but there wasn't good news to report. As suspected, my overindulgence resulted in a gain, 2.3 pounds --- YIKES! You would think that would motivate me to get walking, but I let other things, including a pity party, get in the way of walking on T, W, and Th. Thank goodness for weekends. I did the Five Really Big Miles on Friday and the Five Mile Walk It Off & Tone It Up on Saturday (and then had a lazy day today). I know I'm eating healthier, but I'm overeating, so this week I need to refocus on portion control.

Hope you're all on track with your goals. Have a good week!

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Monday morning!

I had a good weekend with lots of walking though I only counted 5 miles of it as it was a lot slower than I am used to.

Working on portion control and food choices. It's much harder now that the price of food has gone up so much but I'm managing!

Only 3 days left in this season and then I hope to get a better exercise schedule going.

It's supposed to be a nice day today so I plan on getting some weeding, etc. done after work. :flowerforyou:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for awhile ......

Thurs - Debbie Rocker Total Body Challenge - lower body mile

Fri - Big Burn (I love boosted walking) - 2 Miles

Sun - Power Walk with Friends - 2 Miles
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    today instead of walking i did winsor pilates just to give rest to my sore knees

teabea what is the difference in boosted n power walking
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Monday 3 miles 42 minutes Leslie and Latin Core. Walking with attitude!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    today instead of walking i did winsor pilates just to give rest to my sore knees

teabea what is the difference in boosted n power walking

Oh - "boosted walking" is Leslie Sansone speak for jogging and other higher impact moves. Leslie only does "boosts" in short bursts (90 seconds) - so the workout is still mostly low impact. Better for my joints - I can do these workouts on carpet or a heavy weight exercise mat.

I guess the "power" in the other DVD would be the light handweights - no part of that workout is high impact.
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Walked 5 miles w/Leslie doing her "5 Mile Fat Burning" DVD.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Tuesday 2 miles with Leslie
  • Gypsymorph51
    Options
    Walked 5 miles with Leslie.
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Walked 2 miles with Leslie and also walked around all weekend.

See you soon,

Dawn