What's your favorite movie quote?

Options
King_Bee
King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
I am sitting here thinking about my favorite movie, Almost Famous, and how many great lines in the film that I love and was wondering what other people consider their favorite lines in a movie.

I have many favorite lines, but I really enjoy this conversation in the movie. William is a 15 year old writer that is travelling with an up and coming band. Here he is getting advice from writer Lester Bangs after coming to the end of the tour. Here's the quote from IMDB:

Lester Bangs: Aw, man. You made friends with them. See, friendship is the booze they feed you. They want you to get drunk on feeling like you belong.
William Miller: Well, it was fun.
Lester Bangs: They make you feel cool. And hey. I met you. You are not cool.
William Miller: I know. Even when I thought I was, I knew I wasn't.
Lester Bangs: That's because we're uncool. And while women will always be a problem for us, most of the great art in the world is about that very same problem. Good-looking people don't have any spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter.
William Miller: I can really see that now.
Lester Bangs: Yeah, great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love... and let's face it, you got a big head start.
William Miller: I'm glad you were home.
Lester Bangs: I'm always home. I'm uncool.
William Miller: Me too!
Lester Bangs: The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.
William Miller: I feel better.
Lester Bangs: My advice to you. I know you think those guys are your friends. You wanna be a true friend to them? Be honest, and unmerciful.

Replies

• russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"
  • mei1005
    mei1005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Single, greatest movie line EVER!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die. "
  • nursee67
    Options
    "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Single, greatest movie line EVER!

Yep...that's the one!
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    " Mock- ING, Bird-ING!" DUMB AND DUMBER! LOL
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Out Cold:
    "Pig pen if I want advice on a good planet of the apes film or maybe how to clean the resin out of my bong I'll ask you. But I'm not going to take romantic advice from somebody who can't spell romantic or advice........or bong!"

BioDome:

"Remember the great fire of 89 when a chipmunk ingested some fertilizer then fell into a can of kerosene instantly turning it into a flying little fluffy littel molotov cocktail setting ablaze leveling the neigborhood west of Newtons hardware store?"
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Oh oh oh... can I change my mind? "You're going to need a bigger boat."
  • King_Bee
    Options
    " Mock- ING, Bird-ING!" DUMB AND DUMBER! LOL

!!! lol that was great!
  • darsh11
    Options
    Jerry you are hanging on by a very thin thread and I dig that about you Rodd Tidwell Jerry McGuire
  • King_Bee
    Options
    Out Cold:
    "Pig pen if I want advice on a good planet of the apes film or maybe how to clean the resin out of my bong I'll ask you. But I'm not going to take romantic advice from somebody who can't spell romantic or advice........or bong!"

BioDome:

"Remember the great fire of 89 when a chipmunk ingested some fertilizer then fell into a can of kerosene instantly turning it into a flying little fluffy littel molotov cocktail setting ablaze leveling the neigborhood west of Newtons hardware store?"

I always forget about Out Cold! You can't forget about the prank with the spinning car! As I read the BioDome quote I could clearly visualize Stephen Baldwin delivering that line! (I think it was him, if not I need to re-watch it)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    "Well, you know what they say. If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit next to me." - Clairee, Steel Magnolias
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yippee-ki-yay, motherf___er.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    "Life moves pretty fast: if you dont stop and look around once in a while... you could miss it"
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You had me at "hello."

I'll have what she's having.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Rocky Balboa

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    Batman Begins :
    [as Wayne Manor is burning down]
    Bruce Wayne: What have I done, Alfred? Everything my family... my father built...
    Alfred Pennyworth: The Wayne legacy is more than bricks and mortar, sir.
    Bruce Wayne: I wanted to save Gotham, I failed
    Alfred Pennyworth: Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up
    Bruce Wayne: You still haven't given up on me?
    Alfred Pennyworth: Never
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A ****in bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a **** what kind of pants the son of a ***** who shot you was wearing"?
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    The royal penis is clean, your Highness!