How old is old?

Options
It seems that more and more, the newbies here at MFP are low 20's. Yay for you all, and welcome aboard! But damn, I feel old! lol

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    In some circles, I'm considered old. I'm 35. But yeah I've seen a lot of younger folks here. I'm glad though that they're taking the initiative now to be healthier vs waiting till their 30's....cuz omg its so much harder now.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    43. pouty.gif
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    a million.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    <--- 44 and better now than in my 20's :wink:
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    35 and act and feel like 18!!! I get I.D'd when I buy beer and all I can think and say is....My son is almost old enough to buy this stuff (in Canada anyway) YAY ME!! LOL
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    never too old to get healthy.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and I'm not old yet!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    38, but am always told I look about 28. I act at least that young when I can. :-)
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I feel even older since my son #1 has turned 20 ...

But on the other hand 41 isn't THAT old, is it? ;-))))
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Women are hot...period (please no TOM discussions). Regardless of age. Especially my girlfriend.

The previous was a perfect example of the exact opposite of a run-on sentence.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 28 at the end of October. I'm pratically dirt.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    55 :glasses:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    It seems that more and more, the newbies here at MFP are low 20's. Yay for you all, and welcome aboard! But damn, I feel old! lol

I feel the same way when I read some of the comments. I think, "How old is this person"? Then realize they're much younger than I, and although 44 isn't "old", I have realized how much we mature as we age.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 20's and I feel old. It's all relative.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    I'm 27, but the older I get, the more immature I feel -- not sure about that one :drinker:
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Age really is just a number. We are as old as we act and/or feel! I'm 42 and my eldest is 21 and the youngest 5. People are surprised when they see her or hear me talk about her. I still feel like I'm in my 20's!! :bigsmile:

I hope when I lose all my weight, it won't "age" me like I see it do to some others (i.e. my brother had surgery, lost like 80 lbs and looked about 20 years older!!)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Going on 47. :grumble:
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and teach a theology group, one of my college students sent me this because my google + account had captain planet as the picture

"Haha your old, Captain Planet came out the year before I was born. Do you remember the first season of this? Was Reagan in office when you were born? Think about this, when Carly, Maura, JP, Nick, and Mike where born, the Soviet Union didn't exist.

Just a list of things that might make you feel old"

Gotta love 'em haha
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    I am 31 and feel a lot better about where I am in my life NOW than I ever did in my 20's. Frankly, I thought the 30's were going to kill me, but I have to look at it this way:

My son is in Kindergarten.
    I have an amazing career
    I am solid in my faith
    I have a good car
    I have friends that love me for who I really am
    I finally know WHO I really am!

I'm thinking I prefer this age to that one. I'm glad that the younger crowd is taking responsibility for their health now, but I love where I am in life to not want to go back there.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    old = 40 years older than you are right this moment.