How old is old?

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I'm pretty sure I'm old. I must be because my "baby" is 25! Seems only few years ago when I was 25. I can't wait unitl l reach 60 though. At my church 60 is a senior citizen and every week there is a new senior citizen of the week. The senior citizen of the week gets a candy bar and people send cards to them. Ok, the candy bar isn't healthy but once in a while for a special occasion is okay. :bigsmile: I can't wait to be senior citizen of the week. :bigsmile:
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Old is as old as you feel!

I'm younger than my children and their ages are 19, 18, 16 and 11.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and teach a theology group, one of my college students sent me this because my google + account had captain planet as the picture

"Haha your old, Captain Planet came out the year before I was born. Do you remember the first season of this? Was Reagan in office when you were born? Think about this, when Carly, Maura, JP, Nick, and Mike where born, the Soviet Union didn't exist.

Just a list of things that might make you feel old"

Gotta love 'em haha
    That's cruel. I voted for Reagan when I was 18.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You are only as old as you feel. I am 31 but feel 18! SO maybe we should change our age to how we feel?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The definition of "old" changes every year for me, since I can't seem to stop aging and I am definitely not old! lol

Honestly, I never thought of anyone younger than my grandparents as old, and they're 87 and 95.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Big 37 next month.......tha came outta nowhere
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I'm pretty sure I'm old. I must be because my "baby" is 25! Seems only few years ago when I was 25. I can't wait unitl l reach 60 though. At my church 60 is a senior citizen and every week there is a new senior citizen of the week. The senior citizen of the week gets a candy bar and people send cards to them. Ok, the candy bar isn't healthy but once in a while for a special occasion is okay. :bigsmile: I can't wait to be senior citizen of the week. :bigsmile:

I LOVE this!!! I have tears from laughing - I needed this laugh today. Thank you. Send me your address so I can send you a card when it's your week!!! I also remember turning 25 like it was yesterday......I am 42 almost 43...........feel like I'm a teenager sometimes. Until I see a mirror!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It seems that more and more, the newbies here at MFP are low 20's. Yay for you all, and welcome aboard! But damn, I feel old! lol
    I feel the same way when I read some of the comments. I think, "How old is this person"? Then realize they're much younger than I, and although 44 isn't "old", I have realized how much we mature as we age.
    Being young doesn't necessarily equate immaturity. Neither does being old make you mature.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Find out your Real Age here: http://www.realage.com/
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i'm 38.
    'old' can go ahead and come at me, but i fight dirty and i'm pretty sure i'll take it down.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'll consider myself old the day AFTER I die. Then, it's official.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    i'm 38.
    'old' can go ahead and come at me, but i fight dirty and i'm pretty sure i'll take it down.

Sweet spot
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It seems that more and more, the newbies here at MFP are low 20's. Yay for you all, and welcome aboard! But damn, I feel old! lol
    I feel the same way when I read some of the comments. I think, "How old is this person"? Then realize they're much younger than I, and although 44 isn't "old", I have realized how much we mature as we age.
    Being young doesn't necessarily equate immaturity. Neither does being old make you mature.

Word.
  • dancefloordevil
    dancefloordevil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    41. Eesh. :grumble:
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    I'll always be 29. :bigsmile: I don't FEEL old because of my age, it just seems that way when comparing #'s is all.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i hot 30 like it was a bloody wall !!! now 35 and will be 36 Jan 1st.............. and i am scared........i need a hug:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 or 16, I can't remember which. Either way my driver's license is restricted in NC.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I just turned 40. I'm still trying to figure out how I blinked and I was 40. Hope the next 40 years go a lot slower!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'll always be 29. :bigsmile: I don't FEEL old because of my age, it just seems that way when comparing #'s is all.

LOL, i've been telling people i'll be 29 for the rest of my life!
    i will be 31yrs in 31 days. i don't feel old...
    it does hurt to hear the hotties that are in their early 20's say "she was older...like 30" ouch. that hurts.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I really *am* 29. But I'm actually quite looking forward to 30. My twenties have proven to be a bit of a *****. Time to make some good decisions and get on with it.

I think you're only as old as you feel. A year ago, I probably felt 10 years older than I do today.