A little rant!

Options
missdaisy79
missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
What's bugging you this afternoon? Nothing major, just something that's irritating you a bit.

Mine is this. No matter how nice this weather, no matter how chilled out I feel, it still really annoys me when I see bikers and moped riders riding around without their protective clothing on. The sun doesn't make your skin any tougher or your bones any stronger. You will not have any skin left if you come off your wheels and you aren't wearing textile or leather. Having spent three months working at a bike accessories store, I feel very passionately about the bikers who think they have kevlar skin.

Grrr.

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    What's bugging you this afternoon? Nothing major, just something that's irritating you a bit.

Mine is this. No matter how nice this weather, no matter how chilled out I feel, it still really annoys me when I see bikers and moped riders riding around without their protective clothing on. The sun doesn't make your skin any tougher or your bones any stronger. You will not have any skin left if you come off your wheels and you aren't wearing textile or leather. Having spent three months working at a bike accessories store, I feel very passionately about the bikers who think they have kevlar skin.

Grrr.

It's called natural selection. Let nature run it's course.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The bloke next door whistling tunelessly for hours, and it's so hot here today I have to have the windows open so I hear every dischordant warble!!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ooh, well said. My Dad calls them 'organ donors'!
  • Cr0w
    Cr0w Posts: 2
    Options
    The amount of reading my professors expect me to do for law school. 100 pages for each class is unrealistic.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The weather is bugging me today...it is a miserable rainy day!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Why is the conveyor belt at the grocery store always wet? :huh:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    <--- obviously a rider

I AGATT (all gear all the time). Its the only way to ride
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Grrr.

Oh I totally agree. I always wear a helmet, protective pants, armored jacket, and boots. I like my skin, thanks. If it's too hot for your gear, then don't ride. I saw a kid in my neighborhood riding shirtless, just wearing shorts and sandals. Sandals! How the hell do you shift in sandals?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    drivers bug me...why is it ok not to use your signal lights, or drive 50 when it's a freeway and there's signs EVERWHERE that say 70? or how about the douche that gets into the lane that ends, just so he can try to beat you off the lights...hello moron, I drive a 5.7L Hemi..it's a charger engine, you aren't going to beat me in your hurtin' half ton.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    when I worked at the hospital I saw a very pretty girl who got road rash, wanted to look cute on the back of that bike with shorts on ..........not so cute anymore unfortunately.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Excuses.

My mother ALWAYS has one.

Yesterday when we spoke on the phone I told her I had just gotten out of the shower, that the kids and I had just come in from the pool. She lives in Massachusetts and I live in Florida. I was telling her that it was just then starting to get dark, about 7:30pm-ish. She was surprised because it gets dark there much earlier. That led into her next comment about how she can no longer "go for walks" because it is dark when she gets up, before work, and dark when she gets out of work and she doesn't feel safe to walk in the dark. I suggested she walk on the treadmill in her basement. She can't do that because of her knees. Last week she told me she "started walking again" ... she went one day. I'm sure she'll have endless excuses of WHY she isn't in better shape or comfortable in a bikini when she arrives to visit next month -- like every time -- and then get a major attitude because she feels insecure.

Ugh.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Love it!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Raw chicken juice.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Ooh, well said. My Dad calls them 'organ donors'!

Truer words were never spoken. . that is where my brother got his kidney. .. .
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My boss treating me like an intern. i am not his coffee girl / paperwork filer/ meeting room booker and note taker!
    i am paid to be a science researcher.
    I don't mind helping but stop!
    thanks for the place to vent!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options

Raw chicken juice.

Yeah, I know what caused it. But I want to know why the cashier doesn't keep a disinfectant spray bottle & roll of paper towels handy to clean it up. Some actually do this, but most of the time, they don't. It really grosses me out. :sick:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My boss treating me like an intern. i am not his coffee girl / paperwork filer/ meeting room booker and note taker!
    i am paid to be a science researcher.
    I don't mind helping but stop!
    thanks for the place to vent!

Just say "No." Remind him that you are a professional just like he is and that getting his coffee etc. is not going to benefit science. You are being paid to benefit science not act as his go-fer. If you are part of a university or corporation there should be an HR person who can help you clarify your duties. Most jobs descriptions do say other duties as assigned but they should be professional duties. He sounds like one of those people who think he is to good to do the more menial task surrounding his job. That being said, helping others does build good will within the group but it should never be at the expence of your research. Good luck.
  • Hattie2879
    Options
    PERFECT timing for this topic.

We have a particular "privledge" here at the office and one of my coworkers abuses it. And nobody tells her anything. I didn't tell on her, but I asked my boss a question relating to what she did. I don't know if by me asking the question, if I'll mess things up for all of us or not, but it really irks me. I totally want to punch her in the face. :explode:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    PERFECT timing for this topic.

We have a particular "privledge" here at the office and one of my coworkers abuses it. And nobody tells her anything. I didn't tell on her, but I asked my boss a question relating to what she did. I don't know if by me asking the question, if I'll mess things up for all of us or not, but it really irks me. I totally want to punch her in the face. :explode:

Better yet, throat punch that *kitten*...lol.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    drivers bug me...why is it ok not to use your signal lights, or drive 50 when it's a freeway and there's signs EVERWHERE that say 70? or how about the douche that gets into the lane that ends, just so he can try to beat you off the lights...hello moron, I drive a 5.7L Hemi..it's a charger engine, you aren't going to beat me in your hurtin' half ton.

Because, the sign says MAX of 70. The minimum is 45.

Deal with it.