Please do not veiw posts that are geared toward negative thi

Options

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Jenny....I get what you are saying but unfortunately there are mean and opinionated people wherever you go. Yes...it would be great if everyone came on MFP to talk "diet talk" but this is not the case! I look at threads but barely comment. Some people don't know when to shut their face.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    PS-- this topic is breaking a rule:

11) If you have concerns about another poster or wish to report a rule violation, the ONLY appropriate venue is to use the Report Post feature or to message me. You may NOT air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in a civil manner in the "Feedback" or "Help" forums.
    PS - your signature is breaking a rule, but why get technical?
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Too negative...I'm outta here.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

11) If you have concerns about another poster or wish to report a rule violation, the ONLY appropriate venue is to use the Report Post feature or to message me. You may NOT air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in a civil manner in the "Feedback" or "Help" forums.

A lot of people break this rule, actually... so far nobody has had a problem with it except for you. I have seen others with atheistic quotes on their sigs, and I just ignore it.... like a mature adult. :)

Plus, if it was just the quote without the reference, I doubt that most people would even know it came from the Bible. It's not "preachy" so I really don't see why anyone would legitimately be offended by it...

EDIT: Is it better now?? lol
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

A lot of people break this rule, actually... so far nobody has had a problem with it except for you. I have seen others with atheistic quotes on their sigs, and I just ignore it.... like a mature adult. :)

Plus, if it was just the quote without the reference, I doubt that most people would even know it came from the Bible. It's not "preachy" so I really don't see why anyone would legitimately be offended by it...

I don't personally have a problem with anyone using any signatures. The atheist ones actually were cleaned out a short time ago. I don't think anyone should be offended by what anyone has in their signature. I was just responding to the rule posting.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options

BTW - I looked back to how you change your quote - funny! I do like it. I really don't think that signatures should be monitored or edited.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    LOL i appreciate that! You just made my day. all sarcastic-like. (for really)
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    yeah i see that, the idiots.
  • killerqueen17
    Options
    I don't personally have a problem with anyone using any signatures. The atheist ones actually were cleaned out a short time ago. I don't think anyone should be offended by what anyone has in their signature. I was just responding to the rule posting.

I just saw an atheist quote today actually... but anyway, I think signatures would be VERY hard to moderate, since we can just change them back in a few days... and there's SO many users!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

OOOHHH!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I give it 2 minutes...
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    boy you said it, babe! haha, im just trying to be helpful to those of us who are serious. oooooops!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I just saw an atheist quote today actually... but anyway, I think signatures would be VERY hard to moderate, since we can just change them back in a few days... and there's SO many users!!

Mine was Modded
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    boy you said it, babe! haha, im just trying to be helpful to those of us who are serious. oooooops!

you really think this is helpful in anyway?
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    I am disgusted (not using that word lightly) by the idea of sanitizing all discussion that doesn't agree with me and is only positive. Critical thought is what made this country. Healthy debate is a highway of LEARNING. What is so bad about someone being "negative" or posting something I don't agree with (providing it is within MFP rules)? Even if it's snarky, I don't necessarily consider it unhelpful. Sometimes levity is needed during a serious discussion. If I'm not in the mood to laugh, I read it and move on.

Let's face it. People are funny creatures. We get all serious about stuff. And we're silly. It's OK to laugh.

I couldn't agree more.

I can understand at a job I had, that I'm not allowed to talk about religion, politics, or intimate relationships with customers. But its kind of silly that we can't have any sort of discussion that involves anything negative, or even call someone out when they're being a *kitten*. I frequent a unmoderated forum, and everyone is so much more friendly, because we can talk about all sorts of topics and actually give our opinions on things without fear of an angry mod and actually get to know each other. You really cannot get to know me properly without the mention of some things that are "inappropriate" for this forum.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    lol it didnt even last that long! oh man!
  • killerqueen17
    Options

I am *super* serious! Look, this is my serious face: :angry: GRRRR

hahahaha
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    I've seen a ton of bible quote signatures here. I don't swing that way, but it doesn't offend me. I think some people just need to get over being so easily offended.
  • killerqueen17
    Options
    I couldn't agree more.

I can understand at a job I had, that I'm not allowed to talk about religion, politics, or intimate relationships with customers. But its kind of silly that we can't have any sort of discussion that involves anything negative, or even call someone out when they're being a *kitten*. I frequent a unmoderated forum, and everyone is so much more friendly, because we can talk about all sorts of topics and actually give our opinions on things without fear of an angry mod and actually get to know each other. You really cannot get to know me properly without the mention of some things that are "inappropriate" for this forum.

...You may just have the cutest icon AND the funniest name I have seen on here so far. Well done!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well I might be wrong then. I guess _Ben fell asleep. :yawn:

Dang! And I was putting money on him!

Fine! If he is not going to lock the thread, then I'll just kill it! Hahahaha!! :::in my Norman Bates voice::: :devil:
This discussion has been closed.