SNACKS...I need SNACKS!!!!

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I'm missing crunchy snacks. I'm trying to stay away from sugars and carbs. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of taking turkey peperroni and baking them on the broiler pan to make them crunchy.

Hit me with those crunchy snak ideas!!!!:heart::heart: :smile:

Replies

• everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can always do a healthy cracker like a triscuit with lean meat or laughing cow cheese spread. Dried fruit is also a good choice, a little crunchy, a little sweet and 100% good for you.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Veggies!!! Sugar snap peas, red, yellow, orange pepper strips, celery..all soo yummy. popcorn has a crunch, i eat skinny pop or the 100 calorie snack bags. Rice cakes have crunch, usually get 15 or so for 120 calories. Popchips, the bbq ones especially.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    94% fat free popcorn!
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i like whole grain pita chips with hummus
  • New_Hope
    Options
    Special K makes a "cracker chip" and they're yummy! If I think of more, I'll come back. Right now --- I want a snack! Lol.
  • Leigh_Larson
    Options
    Special K chips are good.

http://www.specialk.com/cracker-chips/sour-cream-and-onion/

Pop Chips are similar and are good too.

http://www.popchips.com/
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    For crunchy I've become addicted to Blue Diamond Cinnamon Almonds or Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds...I pack a servings worth for each snack. Not on the crunchy side, I like fiber one brownies...theyre tiny but good.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Any unsalted nuts are crunchy and lots of protein. Apple or carrot? Not sure, haven't had this craving yet!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Oooh, me too!

roast soy beans, wasabi peas, apple snapz, mini rice cakes, almonds, popcorn
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm missing crunchy snacks. I'm trying to stay away from sugars and carbs. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of taking turkey peperroni and baking them on the broiler pan to make them crunchy.

Hit me with those crunchy snak ideas!!!!:heart::heart: :smile:

Wow trying to avoid carbs makes that seem a little difficult. Really the only thing I can think of are fruits and veggies.... I know they give the crunch, but they don't always give that satisfied feeling. Dehydrated banana chips can help. hmmmmmm like I said, this is a tricky one. Normally I would recommend home made potato chips so you can control how they are made, or rice cakes.... something like that. :) Good luck! I'll be checking back to see what other ideas people have. :) (And the pepperoni sounds like a good idea. You could do cheese crisps to!)
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal (multigrain cheerios being my fav) popcorn, almonds, crispy minis a ton of flavours to choose from,
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Veggies!!! Sugar snap peas, red, yellow, orange pepper strips, celery..all soo yummy. popcorn has a crunch, i eat skinny pop or the 100 calorie snack bags. Rice cakes have crunch, usually get 15 or so for 120 calories. Popchips, the bbq ones especially.

this reminds me of the dried green beans that I got at a street fair. they were yummy and crunchy. I wounder what kind of calories are in them? They tasted sweet but had nothing added but a little sea salt.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Oooh, me too!

roast soy beans, wasabi peas, apple snapz, mini rice cakes, almonds, popcorn

wasabi peas! yummmm. but these are high in calories:cry:
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Almonds - roast them yourself to get the "roasted flavor" without all the added salt. Veggies with hummus (I love the small sweet peppers) - Costco sells individual serving packages of hummus which is awesome. Celery with peanut butter.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i love triscuits with goat cheese, carrots and hummus, celery and peanut butter, pita chips, avacado and rice cakes (tomato and basil are by far the best), almonds, special k fruit crisps...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas are about 100 cals for 25g. And they're the sort of snack that lasts a long time, if you eat them one at a time.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Wasabi peas are about 100 cals for 25g. And they're the sort of snack that lasts a long time, if you eat them one at a time.

good point...lots of taste, last a long time!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Haven't had a lot of hummus...what flavors are your favs?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    roasted garlic is my favorite hummus
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Roasted Chickpeas!

Take a can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drain and rinse very well. Pat dry with a paper towel.

Toss with 1T Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and whatever spices you like (chili powder, curry, cinnamon, whatever floats your boat).

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes until they're crunchy.

These are good as snacks, or as "croutons" on a salad.