Dr Who?

Options
BrewerGeorge
BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
I know we have a lot of Brits on MFP. Any Dr Who fans?

Season finale on BBCAmerica is in two days! I'm stoked. You guys have already seen it, though right? <no spoilers>

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I'm a Yank, I love the DR too.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I'm in America but I LOVE THE DOCTOR! I think I want to get a TARDIS tattoo. No joke.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oh no, WAY too scary for me :smile:
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bow ties are cool.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I do but I don't like the dude out now. I like the first dude. He was good I thought.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!!! I've been a fan of the Doctor for most of my life. :) And I need something to pick me up after a very disappointing end to the Torchwood run on Starz. They should have just left it dead, or relaunched on BBC as a full series. So sad... but I still have my Doctor! :D
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm from aus and I love Dr Who! :)
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am in America also, but have started watching Dr Who in the 70's with Tom Baker, almost a life long fan! Can't wait to see how this season ends.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Bow ties are cool.
    Fezes are cool too.
  • kaklos
    Options
    I am a Whovian. From Ohio. Living in Alabama. I want a sonic screwdriver.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Another Whovian here! Love all of the Doctors! Just wish the season was longer!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Bow ties are cool.
    Fezes are cool too.

stetsons are cool too.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I can't wait!!! I've been a fan of the Doctor for most of my life. :) And I need something to pick me up after a very disappointing end to the Torchwood run on Starz. They should have just left it dead, or relaunched on BBC as a full series. So sad... but I still have my Doctor! :D
    That WAS rather disappointing, wasn't it?

I like Matt Smith pretty well, but he's no David Tennant. I LOVE Karen Gillan, though. :D
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I loved it with David Tennant in it.

When he left, it just wasn't "required watching" for me :(
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    My hubs & I have been Whovians for about as long as we've been married -- and that'll be 29 years in November.

Matter of fact, of our three daughters, two of them were named for former companions of The Doctor. Not for the characters themselves, but because my husband thought the names were awesome. (Tegan & Nyssa)
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That WAS rather disappointing, wasn't it?

I like Matt Smith pretty well, but he's no David Tennant. I LOVE Karen Gillan, though. :D

Karen Gillan is, I feel, the best companion the Doctor has had. She's gorgeous, witty, and just perfect. Did I mention gorgeous? :P I definitely love her. And no, Matt Smith is no David Tennant, but he's done a pretty fab job at being the Doctor. :)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    American here and die-hard Whovian from way back. :)
    It's in the genes because all four of my sons are Whovians as well.

The finale airs for UK and US on Saturday. So if you don't want spoilers, do not scan twitter after about 1pm CST.

....my kids saw me reading this post and are now declaring they want bow ties, fezzes and stetsons.
    My sons are cool. :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

Season finale on BBCAmerica is in two days! I'm stoked. You guys have already seen it, though right? <no spoilers>
    I love Dr Who!! Haven't seen last season yet. I think we lost BBC when we cut down our cable bill. Have to find them online now, and than the time to watch them all. lol
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Not this time around, This series it's being shown on the same days - so series finale for us on Saturday too. Looks like a mad episode from all accounts. It's been and gone really quick this year
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I do but I don't like the dude out now.

I agree. I told my husband and daughter that I wish he'd regenerate already.