MFP VENT THREAD!

Options

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    people who constantly complain about how bad their life is...like their bad personal decisions didn't lead them to where they are now..
    MAJOR pet peeve of mine.

Because I am so nice, these people are attracted to me.

Allll too familiar, I am sorry about that!

it's frustrating, because even when you tell them how to change some things, they either get mad at you, complain, or completely ignore and then a week later they're back at it with the pity party..

I agree, but remember something life kicks people in balls through nothing they did wrong nor the choices they made.

those aren't the people i'm talking about
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    people who constantly complain about how bad their life is...like their bad personal decisions didn't lead them to where they are now..
    MAJOR pet peeve of mine.

it's frustrating, because even when you tell them how to change some things, they either get mad at you, complain, or completely ignore and then a week later they're back at it with the pity party..

ALWAYS with the pity party. lol
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    MAJOR pet peeve of mine.

I agree, but remember something life kicks people in balls through nothing they did wrong nor the choices they made.

Good! XD You're on about the ones who whine and qq about things they could totally change if they could be arsed!
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    MAJOR pet peeve of mine.

Good! XD You're on about the ones who whine and qq about things they could totally change if they could be arsed!

those are generally the worst kind
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options
    When these aren't the droids I'm looking for.
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    When these aren't the droids I'm looking for.

Win! XD

Wth is a parcep?
  • Aj1214
    Options
    It's actually a "parsec." It's technically a unit of distance, not time.

I'm a closet nerd, without the closet.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Co-workers who ***** and blow up at you because you leave work early to take care of your sick child because it's an inconvenience to THEIR day. Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry that my kid's upchuck screwed up YOUR day! Sheesh!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    People who tell me I'm being anal because I corrected their spelling of "you're" or "your."

I could give you about 10 reasons you should take more pride in spelling things correctly. After all, it's not like you speak .5 languages when half the world is required to speak 2.
    This. Yes. Also, you should have said something clever in Spanish to the dudes that insulted you. Hilarity would have ensued as you retold the story.
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    It's actually a "parsec." It's technically a unit of distance, not time.

I'm a closet nerd, without the closet.

Hehe...i sit corrected!

Anyway, back "on topic"...

HEALTH AND SAFETY!

Really, Mr. H&S exec, is it necessary to have a sign on a small CUPBOARD saying "DANGER.ENCLOSED SPACE"?

And really, Mr. H&S exec...do we really need a solid sign, made of wood, on the wall in front of every urinal saying "Please do not wipe nasal excrement on the wall"??!?!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I get irritated when I continually see things on the interwebz and I have no idea what they mean...like "smh" and # in front of words. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN??

Thank you.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    I get irritated when I continually see things on the interwebz and I have no idea what they mean...like "smh" and # in front of words. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN??

Thank you.

i like your photo.
    also, i have some friends from eugene, oregon..i hear great things.
  • Aj1214
    Options
    Get irritated when people ask me what the answer is to something when they are logged onto the internet. Specifically, factual answers.

GOOGLE. ALTA VISTA for chrissakes.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I am nice enough to talk my bosses into interviewing you and basically create a position for you and you don't show up! I then text you a couple days later to see what is up and you just avoid me! This is a class mate and we have 3 classes together so we could help each other and now you are just ignoring me for no reason?

Similar: I get you a "back door" interview because you have a felony on your record. I'm nice enough to call in favors for you, and you show up for the interview in flip flops, shorts and a low-cut t-shirt??? Then you don't get the job and blame ME?
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Thank you.

i like your photo.

Oregon is great! Eugene is great!
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    Not meaning what you say.

Look when you tell me to "take a picture, it'll last longer," but then get upset when I pull out my camera, I get very confused ok?

pffft! That made me laugh!! :)
  • Aj1214
    Options
    Not meaning what you say.

Look when you tell me to "take a picture, it'll last longer," but then get upset when I pull out my camera, I get very confused ok?

pffft! That made me laugh!! :)

Pff! I thought that up all nicely, glad somebody laughed :)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law and his wife are CONSTANTLY asking my husband and I for money. We drive crappy old cars; they drive a BMW and a pimped out truck. I clip coupons and only buy new clothes when they are on sale; they live life like they are starring in a rap video - partying and shopping 24/7. She was recently awarded $200,000 in a lawsuit settlement (she got drunk, fell off of a boat, hit the propellor with her foot, and sued the owner - don't get me started); have they offered to pay back any of the thousands we've given them? Nope.

They are blowing through all of their money, buying fancy stuff and going on baller vacations. And STILL asking us for money. They tried to get my other brother-in-law to cosign on a mortgage for them, because they want to buy a HUGE house 3 hours away from where he works in the middle of nowhere. Their 2yr old son is completely neglected.

They are what's wrong with this country and I hate them for being the main source of conflict between my husband and I.
  • JAllen32
    Options
    People who tell me I'm being anal because I corrected their spelling of "you're" or "your."

I could give you about 10 reasons you should take more pride in spelling things correctly. After all, it's not like you speak .5 languages when half the world is required to speak 2.
    This. Yes. Also, you should have said something clever in Spanish to the dudes that insulted you. Hilarity would have ensued as you retold the story.
    THIS.
  • JAllen32
    Options

i like your photo.
    Thanks. And Eugene is awesome. I love it here.