Empty Plate Syndrome.

Options
13»

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's all about breaking those bad habits we have had for so long.

Keep up the good work.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels compelled to finish a meal. Empty your plate no matter what. It usually comes hand in hand with losing the ability to know when you're full.

Today for the first time in... I don't even know how long, I left my plate with food on it. To make sure I didn't go back to it a minute later, I tipped it into the bin. SUCCESS!!!!!

It's an NSV I hadn't even thought about but i feel triumphant.

Whatever strategy you use to deal with this going forward...it is a huge psychological accomplishment to be able to get over it now! Congratulations on breaking this habit and mindset. YAY YOU!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    portion control is best and you'll be able to finish your plate guilt free
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    since i changed my lifestyle a year ago i never renewed my membership to the Clean Your Plate Club...

i cant help but think that one of the reasons i was such an overeater was that i never knew when i was full...but only knew that when a meal was served, no matter how big i would eat the whole plate...

i bought new plates for myself and i will often use cereal bowls to serve myself a meal in...even two serves on the smaller plates is not even close to the portions of food that i was eating the past...

i do not make my kids finish their plates and serve them regular portion sizes on smaller plates as well...

we have a rule, if you dont want to eat it, then dont...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!