I'm in shock

well I can't believe it!!! I wish I had found this site years ago them I wouldn't of had to go through the yo yo dieting.
Got on the scales this morning and I had to step off and do it a few times!!
I HAVE LOST 8lbs IN A WEEK!!! Well and truly shocked!! Xx

Replies

• well I can't believe it!!! I wish I had found this site years ago them I wouldn't of had to go through the yo yo dieting.
    Got on the scales this morning and I had to step off and do it a few times!!
    I HAVE LOST 8lbs IN A WEEK!!! Well and truly shocked!! Xx

First week? if so then most of it is water weight and you will notice a decline as you progress. However if it is not your first week you are losing weight way too fast which is unhealthy and should up your calories a bit.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    That is just wonderful!!! Well done you :happy:

If I have one piece of advice for you...DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS!!! :explode: People like that have got their focus mixed up...they need to keep it on themselves...and let people celebrate their sucess!!!

GO YOU!!!
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    amazing , your doing awsome. Water weight or not it still weighs, so go girl I say . =)
  • That is just wonderful!!! Well done you :happy:

If I have one piece of advice for you...DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS!!! :explode: People like that have got their focus mixed up...they need to keep it on themselves...and let people celebrate their sucess!!!

GO YOU!!!

If you are referring to me, please note that I'm not hating and merely sharing my knowledge and experience.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Good for you! That is a really strong start!

And yeah, I wish I had found MFP like a decade ago. lol ;p
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    That is just wonderful!!! Well done you :happy:

GO YOU!!!

If you are referring to me, please note that I'm not hating and merely sharing my knowledge and experience.

Don't worry. Anyone who posts on the boards anything short of mindless asskissing is called "rude" and a "hater". lol It was sound advice and important for her to hear so she is less inclined to give up when she hits a stall in a few weeks.

You didn't rain on anyone's parade.

:drinker:
  • Pinky67
    Pray tell then Mr Peanut Butter, in what way, shape or form did what you say, impart, either wisdom or experience....:huh:
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Pray tell then Mr Peanut Butter, in what way, shape or form did what you say, impart, either wisdom or experience....:huh:

Because what he said is true and people do get disappointed wnen they do not lose the same again.They then have high expectations and worry and ask on here when they are not losing a lot or why have put weight back on.

Getting peoples hope up is just as bad as 'negative' comments. I doubt he is a hater because somebody lost 8 pounds in a week.
  • Pray tell then Mr Peanut Butter, in what way, shape or form did what you say, impart, either wisdom or experience....:huh:

Because what he said is true and people do get disappointed wnen they do not lose the same again.They then have high expectations and worry and ask on here when they are not losing a lot or why have put weight back on.

Getting peoples hope up is just as bad as 'negative' comments. I doubt he is a hater because somebody lost 8 pounds in a week.

Ditto, could not have said it better myself. Thanks Teliooo.
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    I am not upset by his comment at all because he is right and I do know this! I am trained in nutrition so I know were it's come from! I am so happy to just lose a 1lb a week. Obviously it's a massive boost! But I know realistically I won't lose that every week! I wouldn't want to! I would lose a lot of muscle mass!! But I'm one happy bunny today! Thankyou for the lovely comments x
  • Teliooo
    I am not upset by his comment at all because he is right and I do know this! I am trained in nutrition so I know were it's come from! I am so happy to just lose a 1lb a week. Obviously it's a massive boost! But I know realistically I won't lose that every week! I wouldn't want to! I would lose a lot of muscle mass!! But I'm one happy bunny today! Thankyou for the lovely comments x

You are doing rally well. I think the 8 pounds will do wonders for your ego and will spur you to keep going.
  • Pinky67
    See! No need for warnings and dire premonitions, she is a smart gal...People can ask for help if and when they need it, praise and positivity is what's needed here! ESPECIALLY when the post is about a success! Not a cry for help...Hope that makes sense to you guys who think I am wrong....
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member

Sounds like you have the right attitude for long term success! This is a great place and I have yet to see a "hater" on here. What I see is great people all trying to support and help one another with their personal experiences and knowledge.

Steady and slow is the way to go!
  • Teliooo

Ditto, could not have said it better myself. Thanks Teliooo.

No probs. It seems like sometimes people just want to find problems with posts but will only say it in a passive aggressive manner.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    See! No need for warnings and dire premonitions, she is a smart gal...People can ask for help if and when they need it, praise and positivity is what's needed here! ESPECIALLY when the post is about a success! Not a cry for help...Hope that makes sense to you guys who think I am wrong....

It does make sense Pinky.. just don't call people who are well intentioned with a different opinion than yours a "hater" that's not nice! (... and he was right)
  • Pinky67
    Agreed Captain Mike...Hater was a bad choice of word, you are right :smile:
  • what a great shock congrats x
  • Well done its my first week too :P
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    This is something I needed, to be honest! I have had so much upset in the past month, I'm surprised I didn't reach for the biscuit barrel! But I chose not to, and now gaining great success!
    I have been doing a lot of spinning which is great cardio, and a lot of walking so maybe that's helped! Next week will be a small loss but I'm not bothered at all! As long as it is still coming off, be it only half a pound! Not bothered it's going in the right direction and getting me to my goal. caused quite a thread lol.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Reaching for the biscuit barrel.... I love that turn of phrase.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!