How photogenic are you?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I am really really not. I always look awful in photos. Some people look much better in photos than real life, though. Which are you? I always wish there were a couple of nice pictures of me. I know when I am old I will wish there were pictures of me young.

Replies

• ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I look awful in photos, I always pull a stupid toothy, cheesy grin that makes me look drunk or a demented serial killer. I am positive I look better in real life:laugh:
  • ursy87
    Options
    double post
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm the not photogenic type haha!
    But, maybe the -10 kilogram version of me will be photogenic!
  • zoodalia
    Options
    I'm not photogenic at all... everyone says I am, but what they don't realise is I hand-pick the photos of me sucking everything in and pouting!;)
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I think I am very photgenic (how egotistical does that sound) as I get told it a lot. Very annoying though as people expect me to look good in real life, which I don't. x
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I am extreeeemely un-photogenic. I look good in maybe 1% of the pics I'm in. I wonder if I'm just kind of uggo IRL or what...
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    I look better in real life but I have to say my girlfriend is certainly photogenic...
  • ursy87
    Options
    I think I am very photgenic (how egotistical does that sound) as I get told it a lot. Very annoying though as people expect me to look good in real life, which I don't. x

lol, we are never happy are we:laugh:
    Actually its something I notice if you watch things like whoevers next top model, pics dont do some of the girls justice and other girls get totally transformed and just know what to do in front of a camera
  • lolollama
    Options
    I always half close my eyes when people take photos of me! SO ANNOYING! It seems like the harder I try not to the more it happens!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm not photogenic and in fact I've had photos where people don't recognise me because they say I look so much better in real life :huh:

I have found that taking photos from higher up (so you are looking up at the camera) and slightly from the side works better (for me anyway). I also look better when I don't do a full toothy smile.

Maybe get some professional photos of you done? They are the only ones I have of me at 20 and I am so glad I at least have them!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I really do look horrid in pictures, just happy if I get one or two half decent ones every now and again.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I get told I am photogenic, and myself and my partner are often told we are a "very photogenic couple"!

But I'm not so sure...
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I'm so not photogenic. I think that's one of the reasons why I have such a disconnect with how I look. I see myself in the mirror and look decent. Then I see pictures and think, Huh??? Am I really that terrible looking? Anyway, I have been thinking maybe I need to sit down w/a photographer to see if it is possible to get good pictures (for history sake...), and maybe get some tips on how to smile or turn your head for a better shot--I'm sure there are some out there. I'm sure I'll never do this though.....
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options

lol, we are never happy are we:laugh:
    Actually its something I notice if you watch things like whoevers next top model, pics dont do some of the girls justice and other girls get totally transformed and just know what to do in front of a camera

Very true. literally someone will click a camera and my pose is ready. Been like since a kid. People tell me that I am a lot more miserable in person. Haha.
  • coffeeandair
    Options
    I'm heaps more attractive on film it seems ;)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I look rubbish in photos /and/ real life :cry:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I look rubbish in photos /and/ real life :cry:

Me too.....at least in real life I don't have to look at myself......phew! :laugh:

Sue :smile: x
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I'm much "better looking" in real life. I think that's because a lot of women find me attractive due to my personality (yes, you can all stop laughing now, thank you...) which doesn't really come across in a static photograph.

I think 1 out of every 50 photos of myself I see I really like so I keep hold of them for dear life and use them.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I look better in person. I always seem to put a stupid face when a picture's taken!
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Terrible in photos. My face always seems bloated and shiny..

Don't look great in real life either, but at least my face doesn't look so bloated in reality.

(hence my avatar is my horse and my face looking down at him - rather than at the camera.. Friends camera.. Didn't want to crack the lens!! Lol!!)