What Are Your "Strange" Eating Habits

Options
Lesliecs
Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
As I sit here eating my homemade chili (made with ground turkey, of course), I realize that everytime I eat chili, I do it the same way. First I will eat all the beans, then I will eat the meat, and then finally I will eat the juice. I ALWAYS eat it like that..... not sure why.

What are some of your "strange" eating habits? :embarassed:

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat the edge off all of my burgers and then eat the middle.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS save the best for last
    I take an hour to eat popcorn(one piece at a time)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    -tiny bites
    -always use fork (even with hot wings)
    -i do a weird tapping thing to get all the crumbs off - i do this subconsciously now, kind of weird
    -i wipe my mouth after almost ever bite
    -i rarely eat with people. i always think they are thinking "she shouldn't eat that!"

it's the only thing I'm OCD with, hahaha!
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I eat all my veggies first, then meat and carbs last. I find I stay full longer.. rather than eating the veggies (or fruit) last.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'll pour milk in my cereal and eat the cereal but dump out the milk rather than drink it.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    When eating wings I only use 2 fingers. I'm usually the only clean on at the end of the night.
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'll pour milk in my cereal and eat the cereal but dump out the milk rather than drink it.

I do this too! My husband thinks its stupid, lol. Hes like "WHY are you doing that! youre wasting it!" Lol
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My food CAN NOT under ANY circumstances touch each other. Hubby jokes that there are invisible little dividers in my plate and the food can't cross it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I eat all my veggies first, then meat and carbs last. I find I stay full longer.. rather than eating the veggies (or fruit) last.

I am similar, I go veggies, then carbs, the meat. I only do this if I eat at home, if I am out I do eat a bit of everything but always leave a bite or 2 of meat for the end.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    also 1/2 through a burgr or chicken sandwich

I abandon the bun
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    me too.... how many cals do you add for milk? I'm always like I didnt even drink it
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I eat the edge off all of my burgers and then eat the middle.

OMG, I think we need to be friends. I do the same thing!!! I've never known anyone else who does this! LMAO

I also do this with bagels, doughnuts, etc. Not that I eat bagels and doughnuts very often anymore!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I do this too! My husband thinks its stupid, lol. Hes like "WHY are you doing that! youre wasting it!" Lol

Haha this must be a common one coz I do it too! But my cat is always willing to help rather than throw it away lol :smile:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i put my ceral in a coffe mug alot of the time.. its just easier to hold and i just like it..
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    My food CAN NOT under ANY circumstances touch each other. Hubby jokes that there are invisible little dividers in my plate and the food can't cross it.

i;ve gone as far as separate plates/bowls.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

I also do this, lol...I only like milk with cereal or cookies; can't stand the taste of it alone.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When Im really hungry Ill lick my bowl! lol!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I prefer the middles and always save the best bite for last! I also tend to shake most things before eating/drinking - milk, juice, condiments, etc, even if they don't need shaking! Oh yeah - and before it passes the lips it MUST pass the smell test!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I eat one thing at a time too. Not in any particular order though. AND, I'm the slowest eater I know. Everyone always comments on how slow I eat. Bite me. :wink:
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat all the toppings off pizza, then cheese, then the sauce, and last eat the crust. I've done this every since I was little. No idea why.