What Are Your "Strange" Eating Habits

Options

Replies

• LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also eat "around" my sandwiches, burgers, pizza, etc so that I have the middle last! I've gotten some weird looks.

When I have a cupcake or muffin, I unwrap it, tear off little chunks of the bottom (the part that was in the wrapper) and eat those bite by bite, then when just the top part is left, I eat it straight across like a scone. That way you save the icing part (or the nice moist part if it's a muffin) for last!!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not a very good adult because I don't do hot drinks - tea, coffee... gross. I have a couple of friends who know me well and won't even try to offer me a hot drink when I go around, one friend even just pulls a can of Pepsi Max out of the fridge on my arrival :D

Sometimes, to be an adult and fit in at a cafe or something, I -might- order a hot chocolate.. but it has to be a really cold day for that.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat the edges off my toast before eating the middle. I do the same with sandwiches.
    I always cut up my waffles or pancakes with two cuts each way and then eat the corners, then edges, then middles last.
    Can't do it any other way!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    People call me strange because I order and eat my dessert before the main coarse meal. I like to enjoy all my dessert first before I get full and my taste buds become desensatized.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I also eat "around" my sandwiches, burgers, pizza, etc so that I have the middle last! I've gotten some weird looks.

When I have a cupcake or muffin, I unwrap it, tear off little chunks of the bottom (the part that was in the wrapper) and eat those bite by bite, then when just the top part is left, I eat it straight across like a scone. That way you save the icing part (or the nice moist part if it's a muffin) for last!!

I do the same, I always save the muffin top for last...after all it's the best part.

Also, when eating a full dinner, I always save my most favorite food until the last and then eat it all... no matter what it is.
  • jalenedyck
    jalenedyck Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do that too. I always think that the veggies will fill me up so that I won't want the carbs. Ha-fat chance.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    When I have candy... specifically M&M's and Skittles (or anything else that has pieces) I arrange them according to color and ALWAYS eat green last.

I used to do that with smarties, but saved the orange ones in the tube for last:smile:
  • ursy87
    Options
    On the rare occasions I have buttered toast I eat the crust, peel the buttery top of and save it till I have eaten the dry bottom, then have the juicy bit:happy:

I cannot abide cold eggs, apart from egg mayo, so that has to be eaten first and practically in one, if its slightly too lukewarm it makes me gag and it would ruin my whole meal. I am the same with a cup of tea. It has to be scaldingly hot, I drink it in about 5 mouthfuls and always leave a cm in the bottom of the mug, cos there is a danger that that would cool down too much. I cannot understand some of my friends who can go back to their cuppa half an hour or more later and drink it:sick:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    When we have pizza, I'm more excited to eat it cold for breakfast the next day.
    Also, dipping onion rings in honey. Don't think "ew" until you've tried it.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I order a sub, and take it all apart to eat it.
    I eat my veggies, meat then bread.

I don't eat sandwiches.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I eat the edge off all of my burgers and then eat the middle.

I do the opposite. I cut my burger in half, eat the middle and then the edges last.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    When I make a sandwich and after I have cut it in half...I HAVE to take a bite right away before I take my plate to sit down, not sure if strange or OCD like?
  • Jakedenver
    Options
    My food can not touch. I will not eat what touches. I have divided plates at family members houses i eat at the most. In restaurants i will ask for certain things to be on separate plates or in different bowls. I eat one thing at a time, saying my favorite for last. I smell everything before I eat it. I will not eat meat on a bone unless its chicken and im still not a big fan and wont get to close to the bone. When I eat cake or cupcakes which is rare i eat the cake part first and then the top. I cant eat any meat that looks like the original animal such as lobster tail or shrimp. If i eat something like m&ms i have to arrange them by color then eat the colors that have an odd amount. Then eat the colors with the least amount first. I could keep going but I think I that is enough of my OCD eating life. Lol
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    For those who have the 'one food at a time, no food touching' rule, I'm the opposite - I must have at least one mouthful of everything at the same time. :laugh:
  • ursy87
    Options
    For those who have the 'one food at a time, no food touching' rule, I'm the opposite - I must have at least one mouthful of everything at the same time. :laugh:

I'm the same, I made it to be compliment each other, so I won't separate it - apart from my eggs:laugh:
  • Ajbays10
    Ajbays10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I tear the ends off of my hot dog buns, I seperate my candy by color (and normally make a pretty picture) then i eat them by 2's most of the time combining colors red and yellow go great togetether! I love everything almost burnt like popcorn and bread it makes it crisper which is my favorite... O and Texas Garlic toast i eat the inside first (with my fork) and save the crispy edges for last
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Eat the topping off pizza, then eat the cheese, then eat the sauce, then the soft part of the crust, then the rest of the crust.

Though I only do that at home, lest nobody invite me out for pizza anymore.

I also abide by the no touching rule, and you have to eat each food seperatly, no mixing bites :p
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat beetroot out the jar, rather than on my plate.. When ever i eat pickles, i like to take them off the fork and munch around on the skin till its very smalll :), id much rather to eat my cereal out the box rather than in a bowl with milk! I dont do it very often as milk is the only calcium i get nowadays, when ever i have a milkyway chocolate bar i eat all the chocolate off the top, bottom and sides and then the dough bit in the middle i like to scrunch it up in a ball and eat it like that! With the sweets skittles - i seperate the colours, and eat them in order from lightest to dark. With Doritoes crisps - i lick all the flavour off then eat the crisp itself ha!. i prefer my fruit to be chopped up in a bowl rather than whole. I only like chocolate spread out the jar, wen i used to eat bread i couldnt have a chocolate spread sandwich! - there disgusting!! Prefer to get a spoon and eat it out the jar ;)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I tear the ends off of my hot dog buns, I seperate my candy by color (and normally make a pretty picture) then i eat them by 2's most of the time combining colors red and yellow go great togetether! I love everything almost burnt like popcorn and bread it makes it crisper which is my favorite... O and Texas Garlic toast i eat the inside first (with my fork) and save the crispy edges for last

Ahhh, yes....candy in two's - I do this too!
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My food CAN NOT under ANY circumstances touch each other. Hubby jokes that there are invisible little dividers in my plate and the food can't cross it.

i;ve gone as far as separate plates/bowls.

I've done this too. My mother in law bought some of those old cafeteria lunch trays with the sectioned off areas just for me when I come over to eat.

i eat out of divided plates too :) and if they arent available then its time to break out the multiple bowls!