I need healthy and easy recipes! Please :)

Options
13»

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My go-to's:

Breakfast burrito: scrambled eggs mixed with spinach, onions, peppers and a smear of guacamole on tortilla

Tacos: I use white corn soft tacos and add either refried beans as the stuffing with whatever fillings or I use veggie crumbles with taco seasoning (I used this recipe on a 12 year old EXTREMELY picky eater today and she ate 4! She thought it was beef ;-)

Broccoli, cannelini bean and cheddar soup: 14oz low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable + 1C water and bring to a boil; add 1C broccoli and cook about 8 mins. Add 1 can cannelini beans rinsed and drained and some salt and pepper to taste and puree in a blender or food processor with 1C extra sharp cheddar. You can't taste the beans, just tastes like broccoli and cheese soup although it is bright green! I make a couple batches at a time and freeze. It's about 150cals per cup.

Spread hummus on a pita pocket and stuff with salad veggies. I make hummus myself it's super easy - 1 can chick peas and puree in food processor (I've tried using a blender but the chick peas are a little too tough for the blender!) add lemon juice (about 1 TBLS, maybe a little more), 1.5 cloves of garlic and 2-4 sundried tomatoes. Add olive oil (I do this by eye until it's moist enough) and continue to puree until the consistency is right.

for dessert I will use 1/4C ricotta cheese with 1 tsp of cocoa powder and a packet of splenda. Mix together comes to around 100 cals total depending on the cocoa powder you use!
  • Blubtrfly18
    Options
    Bumping and adding :)

I took this recipe from a blog earlier today and it sounds yummy!

Cupcake Lasagne

24 Wonton Wrappers
    1 3/4 c. Jimmy Dean Precooked Turkey Sausage
    1 cup Pasta Sauce
    1/2 c Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
    1 1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
    Non Stick Spray
    Muffin Tin

Spray Muffin tin with non-stick spray. Layer one won ton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin hole. Then add some sauce to each wonton wrapper, then add some Ricotta cheese, Turkey Sausage and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Start second layer wonton wrapper, sauce, ricotta cheese, turkey sausage, top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375` for 25 mins. They will pop right out of the tin. I calculated them to be per cupcake: 135 cals 5.76 fat 12.6 carbs 1 fiber 10.4 protein.

My family loves them. I pair with a salad and a crusty bread banquette for a nice quick meal.. The prep time is like 10-15 mins.

Enjoy!
  • shalwilson34
    shalwilson34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Another good recipe book is "Eating for Life." I haven't made anything in it that I don't like. It encourages healthy eating. I don't use anything else really.