What to do when you have nothing to wear?

Options
2»

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I shopped at Goodwill until I discovered the clearance racks at Burkes Outlet, also called Bealls Outlet in some regions.

http://www.burkesoutlet.com/

About half the store is clearance priced at up to 95% off their regular prices, which are already deeply discounted. You can find some phenomenal buys if you're willing to take the time for a thorough search. Last weekend I picked up 2 pairs of nice jeans (size 4:happy:)and paid 3 bucks for one and only75 cents for the other.
  • kimberly130
    Options
    All of my shirts are to big so when i lean over i flash the world, lol, so i pinched each side and "tacked" them so they didnt look so baggy. Pants you can try to alter... that gets expensive, 2nd hand stores are great, or you can buy a limited wardrobe if you intend to loose more... Its funny how much we want to loose (or gain for some) and end up with another issue... CLOTHES!!!!! fortunatly the season is about to change so maybe you can get some good deals on last seasons stuff??
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I tend to wear trousers with shirts.

When I'm losing weight I wear a snug-fitting singlet (or t-shirt or camisole) under the shirt, so I've got a layered look. Also I have a couple of vests which I can wear over the loose shirts, so they don't look so baggy. As I lose weight, the singlets become looser, so I can wear them by themselves (at least around the house!).
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Any dresses? I would wear them with a fashionabl belts and scarves, adding some jewelry, and heels. LOL
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I shop at Goodwill or Salvation Army right now for the most part. I agree, there's no sense in spending lots of money if you're in the middle of your journey but at the same time you don't want to look frumpy. I've had alot of success with the second-hand stores.

Good idea! You can also buy clothes from an outlet store so they are much cheaper. Like when I was pregnant I knew that I would only need maternity clothes for a couple of months and so I only bought 2 pairs of pants and 4 shirts. Just enough to get by. :) A pair of jeans and a couple of t-shirts should work until you get to splurge and buy your new wardrobe :)
  • deverajeanne
    deverajeanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Host a clothes swap with your friends. They bring clothes that they don't want or don't fit and you put it all in a pile in the living room. One person picks up each piece one at a time and asks if anyone in the group likes it. If someone says "yes" it is theirs. If more than one person say "yes" they must each try the article on and show it to the group who then votes on who the garment looks best on and that person gets to keep it. What ever is left over gets donated to a local charity (like Salvation Army). You get to have a fun evening with friends and take a whole lot of compliments on how GREAT you look! Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm sure you will find a way to obtain some "in between sizes" clothes.