eat before or after you exercise?

Options
I am pretty hungry cuz I ate at 4 and now it is 7:40 pm and about to do my work out. I have an after work out / Bedtime snack planed. But am afraid I wont have the energy for my 30DS if I dont eat now. Will eating now make me sick while i work out?

Replies

• heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    When I feel like I need an extra boost prior to working out I have one slice of bread with a tablespoon of peanu butter on it. It isn't too heavy and it gives me the energy to get through my work out :)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat before every work out and then protein (drink or snack) after. I eat at least 30 min prior to my work out less can make me a bit ill.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it is a personal thing. I can not eat before I workout (I have to wait like 2 hrs between eating and working out - and sometimes that is even too close) or I will throw up.

Eat something small, wait a bit, workout and then eat again afterward.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I eat before every work out and then protein (drink or snack) after. I eat at least 30 min prior to my work out less can make me a bit ill.
    I'm the opposite. I have a protein bar or shake before and eat after. I agree with not eating for 30 minutes before a work out.
  • brazilian27
    Options
    before and after
  • BunnyBearLove
    Options
    I eat a banana before working out it's light and filling for me! :)
  • kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    u should eat supper then wait a bit then have bread and pb 45 min b4 u wrkout
  • BestOne219
    BestOne219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If Im starving or just need a boost, I drink a protein shake from Spirutein. They make many tasty flavors (favorite is cookies and creme and double chocolate). Hunger goes bye bye! Energy goes straight up!
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    i work out first thing in the morning and have never been one to be able to eat a meal as soon as i get up...

so instead i have half a glass of light chocolate soymilk...its only 45 calories and full of protein...
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise for at least an hour after eating, I feel really sick if I do. Then I usually eat something within 30 minutes of working out.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I made myself sick today eating before 30DS and just posted about it. But i ate a big meal; if u stick around 150 calories 30 mins before your exercise you'll be fine and have plenty of energy.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i would feel sick to my stomach if i did before i always eat after
  • Ksnoddy87
    Ksnoddy87 Posts: 121
    Options
    I eat a banana before working out it's light and filling for me! :)

i do the same thing
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've eaten dinner before then I tell myself did I not forget I was going to be working out with others. For some reason I have no problem with it and the work-outs I do are intense. Drinking a lot of water during my work-out seem to bother me more.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I used to exercise in the mornings before eating when I was in the army. I puked 3 different times and one time I passed out while puking. I wouldn't eat a huge meal, but at least a snack.