Workout Before Breakfast = ???

Options
2»

Replies

• Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is going to be dependent on you and how it makes you feel. I get up at 5 to be at the gym at 5:30, and there is just no way I can eat that early. I usually get home around 8:30 and eat then.
  • Jjdewey
    Jjdewey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat a small healthy breakfast, if time will allow you to dighest it a little, before you workout and drink water. Maybe a low gycemic carb and protein (toast a peanut butter). You will be stronger and have more energy which then makes you more effective at whatever exercise you choose. Exercising on an empty stomach does not burn more from fat sources. Good Luck
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You can eat something light like half an apple with peanut butter.

ps eating breakfast doesn't "start" your metabolism, major myth there.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I was just talking to one of the trainers at my kickboxing place today. She's gonna help me get out of this plateau I'm in. She told me if your workout in the morning don't eat carbs before your workout, she said maybe have an apple or some fruit like that. She also told me right when I get up drink 2 ice cold glasses of water. I'm going shopping tomorrow (work today) to get some of the stuff she recommended. She also mentioned an apple cider vinegar pill I could find at costco. Apparantly it can help burn fat. So grocery store and costco it is tomorrow.
  • FitnessDynasty
    Options
    Thank you so far for all the recommendations and insights. Keep them coming!!!