In the year since I joined MFP (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow, from your highest weight to your current weight, you look like a brand new person (And I bet you feel like one too)! Good job!
  • Karen_145
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look great! I'm also trying to underestimate exercise and overestimate calories. So far I'm losing at a good rate.

I really dislike BMI. I'm 5'4" and even if I get to my goal of 145 (which is skinny and manageable for me) I'm still considered overweight. Pfft.
  • autumnmoon2001
    autumnmoon2001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! and congratulations on your progress so far. It's nice to hear that your hard work paid off and to read your reminder about not letting the bad decisions we make totally discourage us from continuing toward the path of fitness. I really like the fact that you recorded not just the good days, but also the "bad" days, because that's really important to be honest with yourself and to learn about why those may happen, and possibly think about how we can have less of those "bad" days. Sometimes it's really tough, but it's how we learn best. Thanks for your story. It inspires me.:bigsmile:
  • Diane80lb
    Options
    For someone looking to lose 80 lbs, you are truly an inspiration to me, as I also look to the "Success Stories" for motivation. Thank you for sharing and being a positive influence! Congratulations on your weight loss! I hope you continue to achieve all of your goals!
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    so inspiring! i need to show this story to my mom cuz she broke her leg and gained weight too. she was bed ridden for about 2 years :(
  • aramintio
    aramintio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too cannot believe you are 207 in that last pic, you look WAY lighter! You look amazing though, well done! I am doing things like you - the progress seems slow right now but I can't wait to reevaluate this time next year and see how I've done.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thank you all for your kind words! I am glad that my story and/or pictures could help some people! It makes it feel like this journey was for a reason. The best advice I can give to those of you starting off is to take full body pictures of yourself for comparison. There will be weeks and months that the scale may not be cooperating and you get frustrated but it helps to look back and see what you looked like compared to where you have gotten.
    You look great! I like reading stories about tall people because I'm 5'10". If this isn't too intrusive, do you mind telling what clothing size you are now?

I started off in a 20 (still in some 18s although I was kidding myself that they still fit). Now I have a handful of 16s that are a little baggy and a couple 14s that are a little tight. I think a couple more lbs and the 14s will fit wonderfully. As for shirts- I am still in a large/xl depending on the cut of the shirt, but I blame the girls for that. They have gotten a lot smaller but are still quite big!

One thing I noticed with clothing sizes is that it seems almost like the larger sizes have a wider range to them before going up/down. I had to get down to 220 or so before I could fit into 16s but then I got to 14s a lot faster. I had friends telling me that every 10 lbs is down a pants size but that was NOT the case for me. I had lost almost 30 lbs and went down 1 size. I think it depends on how and where your body stores fat and where it comes off. If it comes off pretty evenly all over it may take more weight to gi down a pants size.

All I know is that I don't EVER remember buying 14s before. In high school I wore guys pants because I was kind of Tom-boyish and baggy pants were the cool thing but I know they were 38s and pretty baggy. When I started buying girls pants I was in an 18 or 16. I know that with vanity sizing today's 14 was probably a 16 then though! Haha

I got a body composition analysis done at my drs office in march (I'm due for another soon) and at that time I was told I have something like 159.5 lbs of lean body mass. That was probably the most helpful thing to know that even if I was at 0% body fat I would be 160. It put goals into perspective and just shows that BMI does NOT work for everyone. If I get down to 185 and my lean body mass stays the same then my body fat % will be around 15% which will be awesome for a woman. :) I've never "looked" my weights neither has anyone in my family. The hard part about that is it gave my mind an excuse. "so you weigh 250... You don't LOOK like you do, so that's ok"...

I definitely identify with being tall and plus sized and it taking a long time for sizes to go down. I started out at 270, have lost about 15 pounds, and still haven't gone down a size. I was in 18W pushing into 20W, but after the loss I'm still in a 18W. But from when I lost weight before, I know that I should be in a regular 18 at around 240 and a regular 16 at about 225 or 220. Can't wait to get to "regular" sizes!

congrats on your loss!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss, it was so inspiring to read. Best of luck with your goals xxx
  • CathiWiltsey
    CathiWiltsey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Inspirational! You look great and (more importantly) you osund happy. A story like yours helpd keep me, and I'm sure many others, motivated and focused. Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    Wow!
  • AloyMomNwife
    AloyMomNwife Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! It's a great feeling not to be alone in this journey and even better to see what people in the same situation have achieved. You are cute as a button!! Keep up the good work!! You look fantastic!!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! U should b soo proud of yourself! :wink: & u look great! Thanx for sharing your story & I can't wait to see what I look like after a yr! Keep up the great work & as I too know it is LIFE CHANGING!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely great. Amazing the transformation.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    wow great progress, you don't look 207 now, you look way smaller then that, what is your goal, you are doing great for yourself and look very happy too, congrats
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I really appreciated reading your story with the pictures. Very inspiring! Way to go!!!
  • carstar835
    Options
    thnk you so much for posting this! great tips and congratulations!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    You look stunning! What a great story!
  • prlow
    prlow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!! You look fantastic!!!!!
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on losing 50 lbs!! You look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!