Christmas Challenge 2011-Chit Chat

Options

Replies

• bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone :flowerforyou:

Well I'm up a pound AGAIN this week! This roller coaster ride I'm on is getting very frustrating . . . . UGH :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

This is really depressing me. :cry: I really do not know what else to do to get off this plateau. I've changed my workouts up, I went to the gym 5 days this week, took a Kettle Bell class on Monday and Friday. I changed my MFP pound loss from 2 lbs a week to 1.5 lbs a week hoping this would help, I drink tons of water, and I eat a pretty clean (mostly plant based diet) so I know the sodium is not effecting me. :sad: I guess it's time I scrape together some $$ and invest in a Polar ft7 HRM. At least I will know what my actual calories burned during my work outs is and then maybe I can get a better handle on what my daily calorie intake should really be. SO FRUSTRATING!!
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Down a pound! :smile: only 2 more to go to get back to where I was before TOM Gonna work it this week!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Slow but steady!, down .2 this week so I am at 243...and am now at my 20 pound mark!! It feels good to have some loose jeans and shirts and to see a thinner face. I think I am going to make my goal, 10 more pounds to go, I hope I go over.

Drea
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's just great. I put it all back on except for a pound. :sad: I could make all the excuses in the world, but to be completely honest with myself, I made bad food choices and allowed a change up in my work schedule to get in the way of my work outs when I should have adjusted my fitness schedule to fit it in.

I never ceased to be amazed at how fast I can put the weight on when it takes me weeks to take it off. :grumble:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound :grumble: I'm hoping it's mostly water weight from working out late last night.

On Wednesday I am leaving for Ohio for five days for a horse show and I'm afraid of what it will do to my progress, but I'll change my settings to being less active and bring along 30DS, weights, and shoes so I can continue shredding and running. No excuses! It'll be difficult to stay on track because I'll be surrounded by bad food and won't be weighing in but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a loss when I get back. I'm glad I've gotten to the point where I crave exercise.
  • artdhi_a
    artdhi_a Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    great job everyone! Even if you gained this past week, at least you are keeping yourself accountable by posting on the spreadsheet! That way, when you see the numbers go up, it motivates you to eat better this week. That is what happened to me, I was up by 3 pounds last week but on Sunday's weigh-in I had dropped almost 4!! Keep going strong and you WILL do it. After all, doign something is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than doing nothing!
    Lots of hugs to you all.
  • artdhi_a
    Options
    great job! I don't know how you do it coz for me I can't seem to get more than a pound off me in a week - except for this past week when I dropped three :)
    Keep up the good work!!
  • artdhi_a
    Options
    132.8 this week (from 141.8 start!). 9lbs down through this challenge so far! It's amazing how accountability makes me more motivated, thanks guys:) It seems like I lose every other week but I'll take it!

great job! I don't know how you do it coz for me I can't seem to get more than a pound off me in a week - except for this past week when I dropped three :)
    Keep up the good work!!
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Keep it up everyone! I know there has been some gains and therefore discouragement. You can do this!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    good week for me I am down 3.2 lbs!!!! wooohoooo:happy:
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    132.8 this week (from 141.8 start!). 9lbs down through this challenge so far! It's amazing how accountability makes me more motivated, thanks guys:) It seems like I lose every other week but I'll take it!

Keep up the good work!!

I'm averaging a lb a week but had a big drop in the beginning. I usually don't lose at all one week then 2lb the next. I was at a plateau for a LONG time before this and I actually upped my calories by 200 and have been trying to eat more naturally and it's working! I think I was eating too little for met before...
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Small loss for me but at least it wasn't a gain. Hope everyone is doing well! I just feel the need to slack, may need some friendly support. Feel free to add me and tell me to get my *kitten* in gear.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    No loss yet again this week. Still at 204. I've had a rough couple of weeks as far as mood/attitude. But, today things have turned around. Plan on a workout after work today. I can vaguely remember how good I feel after one of those.OK -- I am now in it to win it. Christmas will be here before we know it. I WILL MEET MY GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No loss yet again this week. Still at 204. I've had a rough couple of weeks as far as mood/attitude. But, today things have turned around. Plan on a workout after work today. I can vaguely remember how good I feel after one of those.OK -- I am now in it to win it. Christmas will be here before we know it. I WILL MEET MY GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep your eye on the prize...better health...and I must say for me also a bit of vanity:laugh: I have dieted for half my life but never did exercise..if you could see me now I am hooked on exercising. I have many many lbs to lose but the change in my body is enormous and I have lost a bit more than 30 lbs in 2 months. For me determination is my BFF...and I keep MYSELF motivated as much as I can.. you can do it!
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking on working out. (its been like 3 weeks) And the scale is reflecting it! I am not a happy camper. There is still time before Xmas to turn it around!
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Okay, two days to weigh in and I'm SCARED! I've done wonderfully sticking to my calories this week and it paid off, already I took off all the weight I added back last week and then .4 more but now we're coming on the dreaded weekend. I usually plan my weekend meals to stay on track, but when suddenly it's time for my planned meal and I'm caught up outside and the smell of the local hawker centers is just so nice I give in. Need to remember how disappointing it was last week to have to report a gain and stay with it!
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This has not been a good week for me diet-wise. Sooo not looking forward to the weigh in but will post bad or good. Getting back on track!
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Okay, two days to weigh in and I'm SCARED! I've done wonderfully sticking to my calories this week and it paid off, already I took off all the weight I added back last week and then .4 more but now we're coming on the dreaded weekend. I usually plan my weekend meals to stay on track, but when suddenly it's time for my planned meal and I'm caught up outside and the smell of the local hawker centers is just so nice I give in. Need to remember how disappointing it was last week to have to report a gain and stay with it!

Juat keep at it this weekend! It will be so worth it.
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Saturday's are my official weigh in so I'll just post my update today.

NO LOSS or thankfully a gain. So frustrating . . . :grumble: I did break down and purchase a Polar ft7 which I am loving :heart: :heart: :heart: ! I've used it for 2 days now and I'm so glad I bought this. The calorie burn on the machines at my gym and the ridiculously high calorie burn for just about everything in the MFP data base has been driving me crazy. :sad: Now I can get a better (more accurate) idea of what I am actually burning. Hopefully this will get me off this PLATEAU!!!

Good luck everyone on your weekly weigh in. Hope everyone has a successful week . :drinker:
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My weigh in today is 174, so down 2, but this past month has been my worst & I've only lost 4 lbs! If it kept coming off this slowly, it would take me a year to reach my goal weight! I hope it will speed back up & I can lose at least 6-7 a month!